It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE SCARIEST VIDEO GAME EVER: How North Korea Will Take Over America In 15 Years.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I haven't posted more than 20 posts, so I can only post here, but here is an interesting game that talks about North Korea conquering the US in 2026. Lots of interesting predictions.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 31-3-2011 by AwesomeOverload because: revised title.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Although fictional, Interesting little timeline there, but I think much of the turmoil and collapse will happen much sooner. I need to get a better video card so I can play all these new games. Welcome to ATS!

Deebo

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
In all honesty north korea coud never invade and occupie america, they can hardly feed their army, they would be destroyed within minuets of landing

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
wtf, when is the game released?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I think Deus Ex Machina was pretty darned scary.

Do I get to make a thread about it?

-m0r

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

This is the backstory trailer that gives you the information on how they took over.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
In development it was supposed to be China, but the company was asked to change it to North Korea prior to release.

kotaku.com...#!5732623/china-is-both-too-scary-and-not-scary-enough-to-be-video-game-villains
edit on 31-3-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: Added Link

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
haha. thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Well...who knows. truth is often stranger than fiction :-/.

You can easily pick up a good video card for like...$100. Swoop it off eBay

There are a lot of really cool games out there now.

And I think China is definitely not the kind of country that launches wars. They haven't in the past, and they won't. I think the Chinese people are not the most trustworthy, but they sure are very peaceful.

if anything, it would probably be an attempt from the western worlds, and China's retaliation ends up crushing or injuring both parties.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
My teens just picked this game up over the weekend. Granted to story line is a bit spot-on in certain aspects, but I foresee the plot points occurring much more rapidly than the culminating year of 2026. That's not to say I believe N. K. would invade US. If it comes to an actual land invasion it will likely be the Chinese. Since the mind behind this game is also the one behind the movie "Red Dawn", I see the similarities.

As another poster observed, the game initially called for the invasive army to be Chinese, but due to political correctness, etc, etc. the foe was changed. I think this ties in with the remake of "Red Dawn" too. I read in another ATS thread (the one on the trucker seeing NK trucks, arms, personnel in Mexico) that instead of China, the film villians were also changed to NK's to avoid any misinterpretations by those who hold the largest share of our nation's debt.

BTW...GAME SPOILER...My kids beat the game in under 10 hours, so rather than investing your gaming $$$, you may want to consider renting first.
edit on 31-3-2011 by ladyjem because: Spelling, word addition

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Honestly, it was merely an alright game. It could have been so much more. Too short of a campaign (around 6 hours for me. Finished it in one afternoon). Multiplayer isn't very good in my opinion. Snipers are everywhere in every server since they're so easy to use. I ended up with an 8 kill streak in under 10 seconds with a sniper rifle without moving the crosshairs at all. There's only like 8 guns in the whole game. Overall, it's pretty lacking which is disappointing because I'd been looking forward to it.

new topics

top topics

join