It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to determine who has starred your posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This may very well be the least important or interesting thread begun today, but out of pure curiosity I was just wondering if there is a means of determining who has deigned to give your posts/threads a vaunted star?

I have figured out how to see who has responded to your posts, and this is important as it allows you to keep up-to-date with ongoing debates or discussions. I was just wondering about the stars. Knowing who is passing them out would seemingly allow you to determine who is on the same page in regards to beliefs, opinions, and positions. Could be valuable.

Anyway, apologies if this topic has already been covered; my searches into the subject bore no fruit. If this is determined to be a stupid question, by all means close this thread. I just ask out of curiosity.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry to say that no, there is no way to see who has starred your posts.

At least no way that I am aware of.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just know it was me.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
No more than 20 minutes ago I was wondering the same thing.
But I have a new question: I know P stands for posts, F stands for flags, S stands for stars, but what do W and K stand for?
edit on 30-3-2011 by BunnyBeHoppy because: Typo

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Just know it was me.

Thanks, buddy. I've been starring your every post as well. Don't worry if the math doesn't add up.
edit on 31-3-2011 by VariableConstant because: hey, why not

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I'm sorry to say that no, there is no way to see who has starred your posts.

At least no way that I am aware of.

~Keeper

Thank you for replying. I'm sure you would know if it was possible.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BunnyBeHoppy

W is for WATS Index. (Way Above Top Secret)

It's a calculation of your posts, flags and stars that give you a number, that number correlates with our top 50 contributors, which you can view here.

The K is for karma a ranking system created for members who mostly post instead of create threads.

~Keeper
edit on 3/30/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BunnyBeHoppy
No more than 20 minutes ago I was wondering the same thing.
But I have a new question: I know P stands for posts, F stands for flags, S stands for stars, but what do W and K stand for?
edit on 30-3-2011 by BunnyBeHoppy because: Typo

Had that same question not long ago, its W for Wats index and K for Karma points, Scepticalbeliever broke it down nicely for me...

W stands for WATS index (way above top secret). It is essentially your 'level', and goes up gradually, as you earn more stars and flags. Up until 1.5, it is measured to the nearest hundreth, but when you reach 1.5, it is simply rounded to the nearest whole number. There is a list of the users with the highest WATS here www.abovetopsecret.com... K stands for karma, and is basically a ratio of flags+stars per post. However, instead of 1 being the base point, it is 20. 20 karma, or the mid point, is somewhere around 1.25stars average, per post, with flags being worth a bit less. It is supposed to measure purely the quality of what you post, as opposed to the quantity. So, if you had person A, who'd made only 10 posts, but had received 100 stars, he'd have a fairly low W (

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Just know it was me.

Lmao, that made my day.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Knowledge of people that star your posts could be useful in finding likeminded folk.
But annonymity is king, just enjoy it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BunnyBeHoppy

K= Karma
W= WATS Index

It's covered in the posts on this thread: This One

Enjoy this box:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I'm new here; but I have figured this out, Most members tell you if they give you a star and flag. Like this:

S&F for you. Because this is a really good question, especially for other newcomers.

See, so when you go down your thread if someone says that is usually on the reply.
edit on 31-3-2011 by HOLDYOURFUTURECLOSE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Thank you all so much for your answers. I love how great the moderators are here, so aware!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So is it other members that give/rate your posts/comments? & will these links show up on mine when I reach 20 posts? (As theres alot of comments I love!)

new topics

top topics

join