It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Top 10 Suspect Musician Deaths

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd. It wasn't a matter of taking off without enough fuel; it was a matter of burning fuel at too high a rate due to the engines being in ill repair. Furthermore, when the pilot, Walter McCreary, went to transfer fuel from one wing to the other, he inadvertently dumped fuel.

No conspiracy, just a very unfortunate set of circumstances. Aerosmith had actually considered purchasing that same airplane but decided against it. I believe it was a Convair 240.

I've been a LS fan since the 70's. Grew up on them...have seen them 7 times and Gary Rossington was my hero until I became too old to have heroes.
To this day I mourn the loss of Ronnie, Steve, Cassie and Dean and the original LS.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

I am very curious as to why someone such as yourself, who apparently has a genuine disgust for music in general, would even open this thread.

I am gonna guess that you are a big Country Music fan??

I may be wrong on that. If so, I don't mind.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
No Phillip Kramer? I thought that would have been number 1!

apparent suicide they found his skeleton after 4 or 5 years, worked for the government, talked about aliens! come on!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I am very curious as to why someone such as yourself, who apparently has a genuine disgust for music in general, would even open this thread.

I am gonna guess that you are a big Country Music fan??

I may be wrong on that. If so, I don't mind.

You are wrong and I'm glad you don't mind being so.

I actually do love country music, but I'm a bigger rock music fan, but I can and do listen to every genre of music except 3. I cannot stand teeny bop, rap or R&B although there are a few female R&B singers who do have a good voice. Unfortunately they chose that genre of music to express themselves.

Everything else I listen to.

Why you would think I have a genuine disgust for music is beyond me. I probably have a bigger cd and record collection then most anyone here. I don't download because I want the album art. I just tell it how it is. Nirvana is extremely over rated and Tupac wasn't a muscian, neither is any other rapper.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by budaruskie
I had a friend who was absolutely adamant about Cobain being murdered 10+ years ago, and I always just figured whatever, who cares. But, you have to ask yourself how could someone with 3X's the amount of heroin in their bloodstream it takes to kill a person, hold a shotgun up in the air and shoot themselves with their non-dominant hand? At least that is what he always said was the case.

edit on 3/30/2011 by budaruskie because: Love Dimebag and Jimi...Lennon was more than just a musician, he was a threat!

your statement----you have to ask yourself how could someone with 3X's the amount of heroin in their bloodstream it takes to kill a person, is false

ask any addict,, and they will tell you,,,,,,,there is know exact amount to kill someone,,, everyone is different and at different levels of tolerances

technically an addict could have a million dollar a day habit,,,,,, the body's tolerance and the progression of addiction is amazing,, and cruel,, many addiction therapists will back this up

personally ,,,,, and from a past sad existence of 15 years of addiction,,, i was clean and went on a bender when my father died of cancer ,,,, within 6 months i went from 2 bags a day to 30.

many said david crosby should be dead,,,, but he was still on stage rocking with a $10,000 a day speed habit

i'm not saying that there isn't conspiracy but the fact he was high and had a ton of drugs is meaningless in saying he couldn't pick up a shotgun

supposedly our brain can produce chemicals 1 million times more potent than morphine,,,,, which explains adrenal rush,,,, good highs, and amazing feats of strength

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
You are wrong and I'm glad you don't mind being so.

I actually do love country music,

Why you would think I have a genuine disgust for music is beyond me. I probably have a bigger cd and record collection then most anyone here. I don't download because I want the album art. I just tell it how it is. Nirvana is extremely over rated and Tupac wasn't a muscian, neither is any other rapper.
It looks like I wasn't entirely wrong, after all.

I made that statement, because your comment contained nothing other than negativity.

Bigger CD collection? maybe so, or maybe not. I have a few myself, but I don't see how that is relevant.

You just tell it how you see it. How you see it, is not necessarily how it is.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by white_raven

Phillip Kramer, bassist for Iron Butterfly, talk about pulling one out of the dust bin. I always thought the bass line to In a Gadda Da Veda was excellent. Not exactly a Rock star death, but sure makes one wonder how far the fans of Einstein will go to protect the legacy of their idol, whose star is starting to dim. I wonder how many patents he held on DVD technology. Did Sony bring in a ninja to take him out?

While Cobain isn't technically a brilliant guitarist, he reinvented rhythm guitar, influenced everyone who has came after him, whether or not they want to admit it.

While heavy metal guitarist are technically great at playing repetitive licks very fast, they aren't a very inventive lot. I tend to get bored listening to the same stuff repeat over and over again.

Speaking of great guitarists, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and another legend gone before his time.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

In my world my opinion is how it is.

Fine, you was less then a quarter right. My massive collection was brought up to back up my claim of being a big music fan, something you seem to hold in doubt because you don't share the same good taste in music that I enjoy.

Just because a lot of people thinks a band is good doesn't mean that they are. Look at Justin Bieber.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Actually I made no reference in my replies to you, about any types of music that I like.
I was not even saying that I completely disagree with everything you said.
I just didn't see the need for so much negativity cluttered all together like that.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
Ah once again just like main stream media you don;t mention or place Tupac in the list which is probably the most suspect of all.

To place Tupac in the list you would first have to acknowledge that rap is music. Since it isn't then you cannot call Tupac a muscian.

Correction, THIS is the most ignorant statement I've heard in a while. Just another guy on the internet talking out of his ass about something that he knows nothing about.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Ali3nAlly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
Ah once again just like main stream media you don;t mention or place Tupac in the list which is probably the most suspect of all.

To place Tupac in the list you would first have to acknowledge that rap is music. Since it isn't then you cannot call Tupac a muscian.

First time posting on ATS been hanging around reading here for about 5 months.....but your comment is very ignorant. I don't listen to rock, pop, country or any other other genres outside of "rap" but I don't take away the fact of what they do is music and they are musicians.

Music is an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or VOCAL tones in a structured and continuous manner.

Musician is an artist who composes or conducts music as a profession

Tupac I believe was killed for the fact that he was heading in the direction of politics and was aiming to start a new political party to represent the minorities. The problem with that is he had a huge influence over the black community. I don't know if the video has been posted but his bodyguard said that Tupac told him that if he got on that plane to go to the LA he was a dead man walking.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

KNOCK IT OFF.

STOP THE BICKERING and GET ON TOPIC.

Your post will be removed and you may be post banned.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Any thread with a picture of Dimebag Darrel deserves and S+F from me. Even though it is just about his death. I heard from a close friend of his that Rita Haney, Dime's longtime girlfriend had something to do with it. And if you look around, she is still cashing in on his fame. Dime apparently told my friend at one time "I think she's confused about who the rock star is". I hung out with Dime a couple of times and that man had a heart the size of Texas. No matter who was around, or what the situation was, he always made everyone around him feel like they were number 1.

I'm totally jealous and saddened that you met him and I and others will never have that pleasure. Dime was an all round good guy and while Dave Grohl's constantly called "the nicest man in rock", I'd imagine Dime would beat him for the title if he were still around.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join