It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Top 10 Suspect Musician Deaths

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Sublime , Raged Against the Machine before they did
Sublime were very very Talented

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
First of all great thread OP, some insightful responses too. I wasn't aware of any CIA conspiracy behind Marleys death, though in theory it would make sense. Will look into that. Anyone have a point of direction to follow? I'm a massive fan so would interest me more than the others.

I think Tupac for sure has a place in this thread. I'm not sure why people are saying Biggie, he was a gangster rapper with nothing of merit to say. If anything he was promoted by the establishment to dumb down kids and keep them ignorant. His death would benefit nobody.

Tupac is a different story, he was rather young and maturing quite rapidly, aswell as having some pretty strong views on alot of important issues. With age he could have become the John Lennon of the hip hop scene. Changes was a beautiful song.

How anyone can say rapping and lyrical content aren't music is beyond me. Most the greatest musicians have that in common, their content. John Lennon without the message is not John Lennon, he's any other artist. You can disagree with that but I know why I like him.

Alot of rap artists experiment with instruments though, it just goes unnoticed. BUT making beats on a computer is music too. You must not have heard a Stoupe production. Don't get me wrong, there's no rapper I'd put up there with Lennon or Santana, but in their own respect there's talent and art.

Sacrafice, Muerte, Trinity, The Deer Hunter, sh/t, the whole Violent by Design CD has ridiculous production. The mood set by the beats is as good as anything I've heard from 'real' instrument albums, and my ears get around! Again though you aren't going to hear this on TV, it's for the most part diamonds in the rough.

I think while many view the genre of Hip Hop as being lacklustre, it actually provides a good platform for lyrical content. The bluntness and forwardness of it. Especially in the field of conspiracies. I'm surprised it's not more popular amongst conspiracy theorists tbh.

I know I shouldn't care and people are allowed their tastes and views, but I honestly believe alot of people just haven't been exposed or properly listened to good rap. 50 Cent and Lil Wayne are hip hop in the same way Avril Lavigne is rock music. It would surprise me if most rap critics have properly listened to and sampled the underground scene.

"I stay with the heavy metal like Mercyful Fate, until I see the seperation of Church and the State". A JMT pun for the metal fans.

Raps going through the same problem as Photography. It took Photographers decades upon decades before they were finally recognised en-masse as creating art.

I must say, getting back to topic, I'm failing to see the suspicion with some of the artists listed. There's good artists listed, that's undoubted, but I'm not seeing how some of their deaths would benefit anyone. What threat did they pose to the establishment, was negative influences were they actively promoting that the establishment opposed?
edit on 31-3-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

But, you have to ask yourself how could someone with 3X's the amount of heroin in their bloodstream it takes to kill a person, hold a shotgun up in the air and shoot themselves with their non-dominant hand?

Because he was an epic junkie and required almost a lethal dose to get high. Not saying he wasn't murdered, just saying junkies can function on such high levels of drugs it's almost a miracle. Makes sense to me gets out of rehab (didn't want to be there to begin with) immediately scores some dope, gets high, realizes he's a useless junkie and will never get past it, and kills himself in a violent heroin induced trip.

It's too bad, i never found him to be a great guitar player by any means, but he was a great writer and I'm sure had a few more incredible albums left in him.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Avril Lavigne is rock music.

I just died inside. Avril Lavigne is not, was never, and never will be, rock. If it was the 90s it would be grunge, but I guess you can call it skaterrock. i call it crap personally, but I'm not 15 so i digress.

There is plenty of ground breaking hip hop out there, and I'm sure there is some amazing rap if that suits your taste. But for every tupac, there are aleast 500 other "artists" autotuned to hell, using nothing but samples, mostly uncredited, of other peoples work.

John Lennon was John Lennon because we wrote AMAZING music, lyrically and guitar wise (mostly towards the end of the Beatles and his solo for me.)

I'm a musician, guitar player, and have delved into electronic music, mostly making loopable tracks for rave djs, years ago. There is definitely an art to it.

I just have a problem calling a rapper a musician. They are a singer for sure, probably a dancer as well, but until they pick up an instrument (even a computer) they are not a musician. Singers sing, musicians play music. signers usually sing over music.

everyone has their own taste and no one else is really going to influence that.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

I just died inside. Avril Lavigne is not, was never, and never will be, rock. If it was the 90s it would be grunge, but I guess you can call it skaterrock. i call it crap personally, but I'm not 15 so i digress.

I may have taken it the wrong way, but I thought he was saying the same thing you did. Saying that 50 cent and lil wayne are not true hip hop, and Avril is not real rock.

50 Cent and Lil Wayne are hip hop in the same way Avril Lavigne is rock music.

edit on 3/31/11 by BrokenCircles because: rap->hip hop

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You are forgetting two HUGE suspicious deaths in the music industry......TUPAC and BIGGIE. Theres more conspiracy, controversy , and mystery surrounding those two deaths than any of the 10 that you listed here.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Same

I know I shouldn't care and people are allowed their tastes and views, but I honestly believe alot of people just haven't been exposed or properly listened to good rap. 50 Cent and Lil Wayne are hip hop in the same way Avril Lavigne is rock music. It would surprise me if most rap critics have properly listened to and sampled the underground scene.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Hip hop

edit on 31-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Really? Tupac Shakur is not even on the list? Wow...good list besides that, but man. His death was very VERY suspicious. It has nothing to do with hip-hop, genre, etc. He was killed for standing up in what he believed in and speaking out against the ILLUMINATI.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

Awesome Topic. I love this kind of stuff. S&F
The thing that really made me think Kurt Cobain was murdered was that he supposedly took a "hot shot" then shot himself. From what I understand that would've been the ultimate high. He would've rode that high until he slipped into a coma before dying.
I have heard several interviews with Tom Grant on WZTK. The Allan Handelman show is archived and downloadable. Allan H. also has a syndicated show that airs on Sunday nights that is also downloadable on WZTK's site.

But there is a lot of info on Tom Grant's website.

I can't believe I didn't mention anything about Tupac. He had the soul of a poet in a gangsta's body.
The murders of Tupac and Biggie left a void in Hip Hop.
Rap/Hip Hop really started a downhill slide into whatever it is now once they were gone.
I don't listen to music radio anymore.
The Best Music That Is Ever Going To Be Made Has Already Been Made

If you like this type of stuff you may want to check out these books: "Take a Walk on the Darkside, Rock and Roll Myths, Legends, and Curses. (And) The Walrus Was Paul: The Great Beatle Death Clues. Both by R. Gary Patterson. He has another book Hellhounds on Their Trail that is almost impossible to find. I came across a copy years ago and ended up selling it on EBAY for almost 200.00. Take a walk on the darkside is basically an updated version of Hellhounds though.

edit on 31-3-2011 by kismet815 because: forgot something

edit on 31-3-2011 by kismet815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CVinWA
Nice job! S&F!

"If" there is a conspiracy surrounding these deaths, I wonder which icon will be next?

Take a look;
Eminem
Lady Gaga
Madonna

I think Dave Mustaine is the only living legend that still rocks truly against something. And I hope he's NOT next please for god's sake Im 33 and have been Megadeth "user" for almost 20 years now!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by NadaCambia

There is plenty of ground breaking hip hop out there, and I'm sure there is some amazing rap if that suits your taste. But for every tupac, there are aleast 500 other "artists" autotuned to hell, using nothing but samples, mostly uncredited, of other peoples work.

John Lennon was John Lennon because we wrote AMAZING music, lyrically and guitar wise (mostly towards the end of the Beatles and his solo for me.)

I'm a musician, guitar player, and have delved into electronic music, mostly making loopable tracks for rave djs, years ago. There is definitely an art to it.

I just have a problem calling a rapper a musician. They are a singer for sure, probably a dancer as well, but until they pick up an instrument (even a computer) they are not a musician. Singers sing, musicians play music. signers usually sing over music.

everyone has their own taste and no one else is really going to influence that.

Yeah I realise that, I wasn't trying to suggest she actually was! My point was on technicality she's pop rock. If you asked people who know nothing about rock, they'd call her a rock artist. We know differently. In the same way most the stuff on TV and radio I propose is pop rap, and is far attatched from Hip Hop as I and many others know it.

Music I believe is the art of sound, for mine rappers are Musicians, whether they're good or bad is debatable. Ultimately I think it comes down to semantics and what you understand music to be. A singer in my opinion is also a musician.

You're right that for every good artist or rapper there's 500(could be alot more) bad ones, but most genres I think have similar troubles. Although because of the individuality of hip hop it probably lends itself to having a more slanted good-to-crap ratio of artists. Just because all you need is a mouth to be a "rapper"

I believe singers and rappers even singing or rapping acapella are musicians.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Same

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Hip hop

I was going to post some Jehst and Phi Life Cypher but didn't want to kill the page with too many videos.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I am offended by that racist comment! You only feel that way cause he is black!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Dimebag's killer apparently said that Pantera talked to him in their music and thought Pantera were out to get him which he said meant he had to stop them and thats when he decided to kill Dimebag.

RIP Dimebag!

I agree with others though that 2pac should be on the list.
edit on 31/3/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Watch the movie, "Death Becomes Her" with Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn.

The Elvis / party scene.

Funny how TPTB like to drop hints via movies. They like it right up in front of your face and under our noses so whom ever "they" are can say laughingly, "Well we tried to tell them, stupid sleeping sheep can't take a hint".

Just saying.............maybe all these folks did in fact die - maybe they sold their soul to the "devil" and maybe, for some of us, there is "eternal life".

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Hollywood (Google Jordan Maxwell Hollywood) is very connected with the "Illuminati" for lack of a better word.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Jim Morrison, Janice Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix and Curt Cobain all died at age 27. An interesting side note: Each of them had a white Bic lighter in their pocket at the time they were discovered!

And yes, TuPac is a fair fit for this category as well. All hero's who brought a new perspective to the masses through their vision.

S&F OP...

PS.... I believe Eminem is next.
edit on 3/31/2011 by forall2see because: added content.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Dimebag was an icon, I willingly admit that. I am a fan.

But there is a ton of original material in metal music, its just hard to find some that doesn't sound like the next guy.

reply to post by Alexander the Great

Nathan Gale, the man who shot Dimebag, repeatedly commented on camera and online, that Dimebag stole songs from him. He even had recordings posted online of his original licks. They sounded very close to what Dimbag was doing but were recorded much earlier than Pantera's recordings. Of course, all were yanked from the web after he was shot.

I am not trying to burst anyone's bubble, just saying that Dimebag was most likely not killed by conspiracy. He ticked off the wrong guy and got shot for "possibly" stealing this man's music.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts but I might add Aaliyah to the list. She was really running to the top when her plane crashed. I'll look into it some more and post what I find. I'd be interested if anyone else knows about the details surrounding her crash besides "the plane was loaded too full"

Was just reading about it and.. interesting that

Gloria Knowles, who works for Abaco Air Ltd. at the Marsh Harbour airport, told CNN.com that the baggage handlers reported the plane was overloaded with suitcases. Both the handlers and the pilot complained about the weight, but the passengers insisted on taking everything with them.

"Knowles" as in Beyonce, who took over after Aaliyah died?
edit on 31-3-2011 by linesinthesand because: quote addition

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
For those of you who doubt why I wanted to add Randy Rhodes to the list listen to this where in a few mins he shreds some freaking brilliance, the man had fingers of a F********* God! www.youtube.com... skip the Eddie V stuff but these are some great riffs and hopefully you will enjoy them as much as I did.

3:20ish is where he starts.
edit on 3/31/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I haven't read all the posts but I might add Aaliyah to the list
reply to post by linesinthesand

Just curious what would be the motive for Aaliyah?? The only person I could think off would be R kelly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join