It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Top 10 Suspect Musician Deaths

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Nice thread idea, but I would have added in Jeff Buckley, who just wondered into a river fully clothed and drowned. His career was just beginning to take flight to new heights, it just seemed odd to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

there both using their voice. singing and rapping

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I don't know about him stealing riffs man.
I heard of debates about some riffs sounding similar to others.
For example, Some one claimed (can't remember where I read it) that the riff before dime's solo
in "Primal Concrete Sledge", sounded like a riff from a song by Metallica (which I also listen to)
called Harvester of Sorrows.

Which I must say is a pretty weak accusation.

I searched the web for any info on him being "caught" stealing riffs, came up with nothing.

I will defend him!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

edit on 30-3-2011 by CheeryYellow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

So you are saying that everyone that does spoken word is a musician?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
So what is it on the pity list now?? he is number 11 on the top 10?

What can I say man, I screwed up. If I had to do the thread over I'd probably replace Elvis with Tupac. Originally I didn't know whether or not I could get 10 people on a list, but the more research I did, I started having to pick who I was going to omit. I didn't intentionally omit Tupac as much as I just didn't add him in. He did cross my mind though.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
the chozen killed john lennon, because he wanted peace.

you forgot about Sam Cooke, another activist. he was shot going down to the manager's office at a hotel in a bathrobe. how does that happen?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Great thread man!!! love it! But dont forget about Janet.... Jimmy Jim and Janet....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA

So you are saying that everyone that does spoken word is a musician?

Well I am not saying that But I think you can still be a musiciiam or an artist without playing a musical instrument.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Good list, I agree with Lennon at number 1, and like a few other posters I thought Tupac would be on the list (number 2?)...

No problem though I am glad you recognized that maybe he was worth being on the list.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Your kidden right??? This is not your post but you come in here ans side track what the Op is and try to steer this into something racial.... BS then he puts a piece up there and your like what is this pity.... F off dude and go start your own Tupac/Biggie thread.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I am a huge Duane Allman fan. His influence went far beyond the Allman Brother's Band. He was a session musician on records by Aretha Franklin, Wilson Pickett, Otis Rush, Boz Scaggs, and Herbie Mann. However, I don't believe that there is a conspiracy about his death.

Allman was known to take things to the extreme. Just a year earlier he had nearly died from an overdose.He was also known to drive faster than was safe at times. An investigation of the scene revealed no damage on the truck. It was pretty much accepted that he had been speeding and lost control when he swerved.

The guy that shot Dime Bag was allegedly responding to the beak up of Pantera. It was highly acrimonious. The former lead singer of Pantera had attempted to make Darrell out to be the bad guy and stir up hatred. The guy that attacked Dime Bag had previously ranted about Darrell destroying Pantera.

He had also tried out for several bands. One of those bands later came out and related some weird experiences. Basically the guy came in and started playing and singing Pantera songs. When they asked for original work he calimed the Pantera work as his. When challenged he became agitated and very confrontational.

There was a lot of evidence that the guy had previous mental issues and blamed Dime Bag for destroying his world.

There is actually a PI that is still digging around in the Kurt Kobain thing. He claims that Courtney killed kurt. Check out Cobain Case if you are interested in researching it more.

I take some of what the guy says with a grain of salt. He has been releasing "new evidence" for years. Most of it is the intentionally slow release of evidence from shortly after the incident. I won't add too much of my own opinion though. Check it out if you are interested.

edit on 30-3-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

No you didnt.... this is a great post and its your post you put on here who you deemed important...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Ian Curtis (Joy Division), Mike Hutchence (INXS), John Bonham (Led Zeppelin) and Keith Moon (The Who) were all part of very influential bands who failed to make it to middle age. Ian Curtis was probably the most tragic. At age 23 and on the eve of the band's first American tour, Curtis allegedly hung himself. After his death, the surviving members went on to form New Order.

There is also the suspicious death of Selena, who was allegedly murdered by the head of her fan club. Strange to say the least.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

I didnt even mention biggie and I didn;t mention race. I dont think.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

YEs I think I finally made someone mad will you be my rival???

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
How could you forget Bob Marley!?!?!?!?!?! He was assassinated by the CIA it took them 2 tries
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
The guy that shot Dime Bag was allegedly responding to the beak up of Pantera.

I was reading up on Wikipedia while writing the thread, and according to some sources there, he wasn't distressed so much about that, but apparently thought that Pantera was reading his mind and Dime was stealing his riffs. The fact that the guy was ex-military and obviously a nut case only makes him seem a more likely manchurian candidate imo, but maybe that's just me. The shooting coinciding with the anniversary of Lennon's shooting makes it more suspicious to me, because I am even more convinced that Lennon's shooting was foul play. That's a 1 in 365 chance just in itself. I never claimed to have proof and I could always be wrong.

There is actually a PI that is still digging around in the Kurt Kobain thing. He claims that Courtney killed kurt. Check out Cobain Case if you are interested in researching it more.

Right. I don't know about Courtney doing it but according to everything else I've read, something definitely does not add up. The hardest thing for me to get over is the lack of fingerprints on all the last things he supposedly touched. That, and being able to shoot yourself on a dose of heroin that in itself could kill someone, though then again I have no experience actually doing these kinds of things.
edit on 30-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
How could you forget Bob Marley!?!?!?!?!?! He was assassinated by the CIA it took them 2 tries

Really? I always heard toe cancer, but now you've got me interested. This is at least the second time someone brought up Bob Marley on this thread.

If someone doesn't give me some facts quick, I'm going to have to go abuse Google.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Cool thread! S&F! I have always been a bit suspicious about the circumstances of the death of Sid Vicious (Sex Pistols for you young'uns) from a heroin overdose. He allegedly killed his girlfriend Nancy Spungen while in a drugged stupor a few months before his death, but many believe he didn't do it. Sid died from a heroin overdose just a few months after Nancy's death the day after he got out of jail on bail to await the murder trial. That night he overdosed on heroin, but not enough to kill him. His friends got him up and moving and then put him to bed after he had sobered up and come down. By all accounts, after they put him to bed, he passed out cold due to that earlier overdose, making it extremely unlikely that he would have awakened a couple of hours later with the ability to inject himself with the second, more severe overdose which reportedly caused his death.

Sid's Wikipedia bio: en.wikipedia.org...

Long but awesome article about Sid and Nancy on TruTV website: www.trutv.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join