It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cant Uninstall My Mousepad!! HELP!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There have been many occasions when I was beginning the GREATEST thread in history, and my hand accidentally click on the mouse-pad and it all get erased!!

I need help in disabling or uninstalling it.
Here's what Ive done so far.
I went to device manager.
Click mouse.
2 Options appeared.
One was Alps mouse device.
The other HDI Compliant mouse.
I looked it up and it said that Alps was my mousepad, and not my external mouse.
I looked for the option to disable, and it was unavailable.
I then continued to uninstall it.
I was then prompted to restart my computer.
Which I did.
It didn't work.
So I went back to the first part and there was a new mouse option.
PS/2 Compatible mouse.
WTH???

I only post about 10 percent of what I would like due to this constant pain in the butt. Please if anyone can tell me a safe, easy to understand way to do this it would be greatly appreciated!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If you use Firefox, you may find this add-on useful: Lazarus: Form Recovery

EDIT: I've found that add-on invaluable so many different times.

edit on 30-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I downloaded it and now I am going to try it!!! HOLY CRAP!!! It worked... You my friend are truly a lifesaver!!! I love Firefox!!

Thank you soooooooo very much!!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm assuming you are talking about the Touchpad on a laptop, right??? Cuz typically a mouse pad is just the square spongy thing you put your mouse on for a better surface.

Anyway, there is probably an option to turn it off in the BIOS/CMOS setup which can be accessed when you're first booting up your computer. Are you familiar with changing those settings???

If you're not sure what to do I'll be happy to help you out. I also hate those damn touchpads and have experienced similar accidental events because of them when using a laptop.

If you need help let me know and I'll need to know what kind of laptop are you using???

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I am guessing that after you uninstalled the ALP mouse driver and restarted Windows, during the restart Windows sensed the mousepad (aka touchpad?) hardware was there and automatically installed a default driver for it...i.e. the PS/2 mouse driver. You might try disabling the PS/2 mouse in the Device Manager or through the Mouse applet in the Control Panel. If that doesn't work, let me know and I will scratch my head for another solution. If it is really annoying, you could try taping something over the mousepad (e.g. paper, cardboard, etc) to prevent it from working when your fingers hit it...I know that sounds silly but wtf? Or if you are able to open the computer case and unplug the mouse from the computer thereby disabling it permanently. Hope this helps

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

You my friend are truly a lifesaver!!! I love Firefox!!
No problem, and I agree, Firefox is awesome.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It took me FOREVER to find the magic button thingie on my laptop to disable the mousepad.. it was a lifesaver for me!! Are there any buttons that you just don't know what they're there for?? You never know! If not, then I'm glad you found that form recovery thing, think I'm going to add that too, cause on occasion, I forget to disable my mousepad and lose stuff. So annoying!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I want to thank you all for your quick replies. I never really have a problem with the mousepad unless I am typing something on ATS. Any other time, I'm just playing around and I dont need my hands on the keys. I wanted to disable/uninstall because I thought there was NO other way to save my work if I already began typing.

That is now no longer the case, with the recovery download.
You guys are absolutely awesome, and thanks again everybody.

I'm going to have to go through the downloads on FF again, cause I dont know how I missed that one

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I hate my touchpad also!! my big hands hit it all the time and put the cursor in the middle of my typing!!! ugh!!!

So i turn it off via the function keys. Most laptops have the ability with a key combination of shutting it off and on. Mine is Function + F7 to disable/enable it, if that helps any.

Silver

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0

So i turn it off via the function keys. Most laptops have the ability with a key combination of shutting it off and on. Mine is Function + F7 to disable/enable it, if that helps any.

Silver

I have the same function key (Fn+F7) to disable mine as well, good advice.

new topics

top topics

join