It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmers and Seed Producers Launch Preemptive Strike against Monsanto

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

These people may have a million lawyers and money, but they're still flesh and bone.

The really sad part is the people who own the company do not even know it. It is bundled together under the title of "high tech" or a similar title and sold by mutual funds. 85% of the ownership is proxy ownership where people like Edward Johnson, a Harvard graduate vote the stock from the Fidelity and Magellan and other funds. (Johnson votes about 7% or so)

The true owners never get to vote the stock. It is all controlled by the "financiers"

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I did not know that. Thanks for adding this to the thread. As usual good stuff from you. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It was from the link in the OP. Just thought members would like to see it on this thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

I did not know that. Thanks for adding this to the thread. As usual good stuff from you. Thanks.

It is rather mind blowing to know 85% of Monsant is owned by people WHO CAN NOT VOTE THE STOCK

Here is something that is a classic example of a "Dis-Info Agent" from Monsanto no less.
Monsanto's Dream Bill

If you look at the first comment and point to Brad Mitchell on the right side of his comment, under his "picture" you get a REAL BIG SURPRISE! when the info window comes up.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

No info window comes up for me. The link goes to a page not found one. Can you give me some other reference as the author of that comment pulled his link. Thanks

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Did you happen to go through the people and organizations that are for and against this bill? It is quite an interesting read. See: www.opencongress.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

gratz bro..

my thread sucked..lol..

not really, but yours is a lot better..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You may find this intresting. This is a video of lester brown Talking about some very intresting things. Posted date on website 3/31/11

Lester Brown: The Planet's Scarcest Resource Is Time

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Thanks for caring. The big agriculture people have so dang much power it is not even calculable. They are working 24/7 to control the food supply of the US and the world with legislation, and with law suits against farmers. They have so much political might that they have the ability to become the defacto regulators and they have their top people working for the USDA, FDA, and EPA. there is no getting around these guys without some kind of armed revolt it seems and for that they have now purchased the mercenary army Xe (AKA Blackwater). If there is a more evil bunch of people in the world I have not found them yet.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vesqui1990

Your link was broken

2nd

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
OH dang! lol my bad

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

See if this direct link works.
LINKY

Brad Mitchell is director of Public Affairs and he managed the dept of regulatory and enviormental programs for the Massachuesetts Department of Agricultural resources.....

I can not do a direct copy of the pop-up.

From another commenter

Brad didn't mention where he worked previously. Is he the same Brad Mitchell who was a longtime staffer at the Massachusetts Dept. of Agricultural Resources? Is he the same Brad Mitchell who defended Monsanto's lawsuits against farmers and their price increase for Roundup Herbicide? Brad, is this you? Where did you work before, Brad?

by Dee West (0 articles, 0 quicklinks, 0 diaries, 22 comments [33 recommended]) on Wednesday, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:04:56 PM

Interesting to see who was the first to make a comment - a higher up from Monsanto calling Linn Cohen-Cole a liar. He states Congresswoman Delauro's hubby has not worked for Monsanto for ten years. Big deal the PLAN has been in the making for SIXTY-FIVE years!!

History, HACCP and the Food Safety Con Job

The other little goody is the fact that Congresswoman Delauro's main source of income is her majority holdings in Hubby's company. Since she entered Congress they went from middle class to multimillionaires!

Here is more on Stan Greenburg

Weathiest Members Of Congress

John Kerry (D) $900 Million
Herb Kohl (D) $315 Million
Jay Rockefeller (D) $275 Million
Nancey Pelosi (D) $268 Million
Moving up fast......
The Clintons amassed nearly $169 million in the past 10 years of "public service".

But the entry that really sent my Democratic strategist friend ballistic was the one for Rep. Rosa DeLauro, the Connecticut Democrat. La Rosa--tied for #48 on the Richest list--gets the lion's share of her wealth from her husband--Clintonista pollster and campaign strategist Stan Greenberg. Says Roll Call, "

DeLauro's primary asset is a 67-percent stake in Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research Inc., a Washington-based firm run by her husband, Democratic pollster Stan Greenberg. Her share in the company nets the Representative $5 million to $25 million.

She has a partial stake in two other polling/consulting firms. The first is Greenberg Research, of which she and her husband own 100 percent, and Sun Surveys, in which she owns a 60 percent stake. Neither of these is as lucrative as Greenberg Quinlan Rosner, however."

My bud the political warhorse snorted, "Hell, when she first ran for Congress she didn't have a dime--I was one of her biggest contributors. And Stan Greenberg, who worked for me back when he was starting out, used to have holes in his socks!" Noting that Congressional wealth is usually closer to the higher than to the lower estimates on the disclosure forms, my dour Democrat gasped, "That means they're making around $50 million! These people shouldn't be running Democratic campaigns!"

So, if you want to know why the national Democrats seem, in this campaign, to have a tin ear where touching the hearts and minds of the working stiffs is concerned, think about this: the three partners in the Democracy Corps--Greenberg, James Carville, and Kerry's chief message-shaper Bob Shrum--are all multimillionaires. And yet their counsel--proferred in an endless series of free Democracy Corps memos distributed to the party elite well before and during the presidential primaries, whose content (or lack of it) they helped shape--is taken as gospel by Democratic liberals feverish for victory. Well, as the old Texas populist Maury Maverick Jr. used to say, "a liberal is a power junkie without the power."...

I wonder where those millions amassed "during public service" came from, don't you??? 

Now we know one way in which politicians are bribed and the type of bribe money they are getting... After all what "speaks" louder, $50 million a year or a bunch of petitions, phone calls and e-mails???

A weapon against this travesty, one every single one of us should be pushing for, is a state law allowing voters to recall federal Senators and Representatives as well as state officials.
Recall Congress Now Org

However this will be a bitterly fought battle. The last thing TPTB wants is their pet legislators worried about what the voters want instead of what they have been bribed to do.

While 18 of the 50 United States offer their citizens an opportunity to recall their elected officials, it is a fact that in our nation’s history, no federal legislator has yet been recalled.

It has not been for lack of interest. Rather, the process has languished in part due to debates on whether or not legal authority exists for recall of U.S. Senators and Congressmen; and, in the case of Idaho, interference by a state court prevented recall of a federal legislator....

After reviewing the body of law and opinion concerning recall, it is apparent that if recall of federal legislators is to succeed, it will likely only be after an intense battle in the federal court system as to the degree to which the courts will go to allow the literal meaning of the Tenth Amendment to be in force and effect.

As this author reads this language, it appears clear that " the States ‘ and " the people " living with in them, should be recognized to have the right of recall.

But in order to implement a strategy that will enable recall petitions to result in actual removal of errant Senators and Congressmen, considerable legal and political obstacles will present themselves and can only be overcome by understanding the lengths to which those opposed to recall can be expected to go...

Eighteen states have recall provisions. Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, and Wisconsin all have recall of some kind available to their voters. Only seven of these states require any grounds.
www.uscitizensassociation.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I read the article and it was dated in 2009 and now of course the bill discussed in the article is law now. Food Modernization Act PDF

So Monsanto and big AG have won this battle already.

edit on 2-4-2011 by wayouttheredude because: broken link

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I realize it was an old article but the conversation was interesting. "Brad" was busy trying to sell everyone on how "innocent" Monsanto was.

....So Monsanto and big AG have won this battle already.

Not completely. We have to watch and make sure they do not slip in the clause:

"in any action to enforce the requirements of the food safety law, the connection with interstate commerce required for jurisdiction SHALL BE PRESUMED TO EXIST." (HR875)

What remains to be seen is what happens when they try to ENFORCE this new law.

I just spent the day selling lambs and there was a lot of discussion about that law. Many are expanding to gardens and multiple species of livestock to become completely self-sufficient in the food area. I talked to a lot of people wanting to farm a few acres too. The farmers running my county's Farmer's Market have shut it down completely this year. People are no longer interested in selling food items through "Official Outlets"

These are the people who are now putting food on the table for a lot of Americans. Currently one farmer feeds 129 people.

If a lot of farmers "Opt out" of "Official farming" we may see a major backlash like we did during prohibition and maybe a heck of a lot faster! 2.1 million out of the 2.2 million farmers have a full time job outside of farming so it will not be a hardship to simply SHUT DOWN and just feed there own.

There are only 4,000 full time farmers in the USA and about 60,000 who get half their income or more from farming, and over a million get less that 25% of their income from farming.

TPTB screwed-up MOST Farmers are in a position where they can flip the US government the finger.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I am not doubting your numbers but I would be interested in the source of those statistics. I am getting into aquaponics myself. We will have a 3 acre system which will be put together by the end of this year much like this one in the video below.

Our plan is to offer scalable systems that can be put on the porch of a small apartment all the way up to 3 or more acres. We will be offering these with heirloom seed varieties and starter fingerling tilapia and yellow perch and of course the worms for vermaculture. Since food security is of growing importance to people we feel this is the best market to put our money into. The big agriculture system is going to self destruct when their frankenfoods finally are destroyed by nature. People will need to provide at least part of their food for themselves. Aquaponics is the best way to achieve food security for the greatest number of people I think.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Really great news. It is about time people took things into their own hands and fought against corporations like Monsanto.
I was reading something where the colony collapse of bees as well as the recent bird and fish deaths are being blamed on a pesticide made and distributed by Bayer and used on corn crops.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Back when that story broke I posted a thread on the subject. It was a leak from wikileaks and it was the EPA that knew of the problem but approved the pesticide anyway for Bayer company. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Take a look at this video.
It's long but it's good.

Controlling Our Food

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

Thanks for adding that video to the thread. I have decided to embed this into the thread for others to view.

Google Video Link

edit on 11-4-2011 by wayouttheredude because: broken link

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Monsanto is one exception I will make , and wish death upon them.
I hope every bit of bad $%^& the universe can fathom comes down upon monsanto, and all who support them.
and i hope it is painful, and slow.
Monsanto, Pieces of $%*^.
It's coming.. Don't you worry...

edit on 12-4-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join