It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS DoomsDay Clocks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I was wondering if there was any chance of perhaps having 2 or 3 ATS DoomsDay style clocks on the main page..
We all love coming to ATS for the fear factor.. so i thought it would be a good idea to have 2/3 or maybe a lot more clocks next to each other..

Say one for Solar Flares, One for Earthquakes, One for Comets, One for UFO's and so on and so forth, obviously the catagories would need to be decided upon..

It would be good interactive viewing for ATS members, so that at a glance we could gage the state of each subject by refering to that particular clock.

These would need to be monitored somehow and changed to reflect the current level of fear partaining to any given subject.

Well this is just an idea in progress so please add your thoughts and reccomendations...

Also is this even a possibility or something that you would all like to see?

Cheers Duckies!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I was thinking you could as well color cordinate the clocks with the forum subjects.

Sometimes its difficult to know the validity of threads at a glance and you have to venture through much text to get to the heart of a subject.. this way you could see at a glance if any given topic was peaking!

I don't know really i just think it would be really cool!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
In the event you don't know what the doomsday clock is or have never seen one.. heres a pic..

liberalvaluesblog.com...

Cheers!!
edit on 30-3-2011 by nakiannunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
feels like about 49 minutes to midnight....
or 11:11

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
That would be a lot of clocks.

We should just keep a score board of how many times humanity has won against doomsday. We are undefeated! I mean...doomsday is bound to win at some point.. but thats just one win... We will still be the Champions! We're Beasts!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
it would be in bad taste to have earthquake clocks

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

no offence - but pretty pointless - som idiot screams " the sky is falling " every week - it never does

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

That's the point of the clocks.. so we can see at a glance if things are serious or in fact not so serious, regadless of the hyped up threads and posts that inundate ATS.

I see many good features for this...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Do you think so?
Couldnt you say the same about earthquake threads?

Personally it would be beneficial for me to come to the ATS main page and see if there is a more active or hightened area worth looking into.

Take for example a solar flare.. 10 threads could be started cos people are buggin out.. when in fact the solar flare they are bugging out about isnt really worth all the hype...

You come along see the doomsday clock for solar flares at a low 1/2 and then dont have to hunt through countless threads for no reason...

Just my take on it..

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It would always be at 12 o'clock!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IzzycomesinPeace

lol yeah we cant be held down.. life always finds a way..

I think the more clocks the better.. there should be like a link you can click on and it takes you to a page full of doomsday clocks!! and then you could just click on one that is peaking and check out the threads...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

lol well maybe 11.59...

If it were 12 i dont think there would be any clocks left

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
How bout a wall of shame?, were users that attempted to predict the end and failed can be put up on and thus making it easier to slander them with hate mail..

new topics

top topics

join