It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neopets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It started with my kids, collecting cards and buying certain cereals just to get a code and then they would run online, so i had to see what the excitement was all about..

turns out www.Neopets.com... is a great site, with games that you play for points, which you then use to buy food, furniture, weapons, medicines etc, for the Neopets you create or adopt. It teaches responsibility to children, they have to take care of their pet or it will die, they have to get jobs, build houses, pay bills, to live Neoworld. It's a great microcosm of the regular world in a fantasy land and my kids seem to have learned quite a bit about responsibility from the site so far

now me and the boys each have our own accts, we opened shops, started building houses and have fun playing the games....so does anyone else here have a neopet? or am I the only almost 30 year old still playing make-believe with my kids?

[Edited on 7-23-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I urge you to stay away from this site. With my wife and kids on it all the time, I can hardly get in a good 10 hours a day on ATS.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have an Ixi called pantha23.

She is 369 days old. I am ashamed to say that she has been dying due to neglect for months although her health is still 9/9 and her mood happy.

I tend to use the site for games every now and then, and I've got a balance of 58,053 neopoints.
My kids have never been interested in it, it's all me lol.

[Edited on 23-7-2004 by pantha]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It's too late intrepid, i got sucked in, I already got a house under construction and pets to take care of......I can't leave now.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
It's too late intrepid, i got sucked in, I already got a house under construction and pets to take care of......I can't leave now.

Just remember where your loyalty lies.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
oh no pantha!!! how could you (just kidding)

wow, over 50,000 NPs, you should have built and furnished your house by now.

I am the proud owner of a Blumaroo, Pteri, Flotsam and Yurble.

my name on the site is leelee75k, in case anyone wants to donate their extra points to me (hint..hint) just kidding...or buy something from my store

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
oh I could never could never give up ATS, this world is where the grown up part of me comes for sanity or is it insanity???? hmmmmm....which one is it now?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I started three accounts on there..
Never really played them.

I went back and looked, and the one whos password/username combo I remember is 25 months old lol

The oldest one is probably double that.

For some reason it depresses me horribly that I cant remember the one from 4ish years ago..

THATS MINE DAMN YOU NEOPETS, RELINQUISH.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm neopantha on the site. I'll have to pop by your store and have a spend up sometime, I don't do anything else with my points.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
My cousin gave me her acount a while ago I got hooked playing neopets blackjack or something.I get a real lot of points and she takes the acount back. I tried to get on and change the password but she used all the points. I neeed to find that neopets blackjack it's addicting.

Edit: I just made a new account cpr12r2

[Edited on 23-7-2004 by cpr12r]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Had to see what the fuss was all about. Ended up joining and creating a pet. His name is 71LSPC.

I can't get the pics on the site to come up at work. Must be a firewall issue.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I also tried out neopets but i guess i just dont understand why its so fun. I gave my account to my sister and she seems to enjoy it alot..

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i knew i shouldnt have checked it out....i now have a yurble...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
lmao, congratulation to the all the proud new owners of neopets.

i like the blackjack game too, but i hooked on the round table poker.

btw, if you put your neopets id in the thread, i'm gonna add you to my friends list, just so you know, but you don't have to accept if you don't want to.

hey pantha, i sent you an item, don't know if the feature works or not, figured i test it on you...it's only neo cough drops, so dont' get scared or too excited

[Edited on 7-26-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
www.neopets.com...

My profile at NeoPets.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
thanks for the cough droops worldwatcher.I've made you a good offer on your BBQ crisps and added you to my neofriends

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
wtf, I am sure i responded this thread and now i don't see it??????

plus it looks funny, hmmmmm

(never mind, problem is fixed now) thanks to those invisible hands

[Edited on 7-28-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I used to go on Neopets what I now see as way too much. I must have spent hours each day playing games, feeding pets and autioneering. It's great fun if you have a lot of time and/or are bored.

If you don't then stay away at all costs. - It'll be like a black hole. You get too closely involved with it, it'll suck you in and you WON'T get back out (at least for a while)

I managed to escape after I lost 500,000 NP at the damn Neopian stockmarket. I am poor now...

BTW, post looks fine to me, worldwatcher

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
that's so true hyperen, but i seem to be managing my internet time pretty well...but it's definitely addictive.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Damn you people.

*bangs head*

I'd managed to avoid this until now.

wrestlegirl1976 *sighs*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join