It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Possible Explosive Device in Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
A possible explosive device was found at an intersection in Sandy Springs, GA. It backed up traffic for hours as bomb squads Fulton County police and fire squads tried to detonate the device. A bomb-detecting-robot tried to detonate the bomb 3 times but failed.

www.11alive.com
The intersection of Abernathy and Roswell roads in Sandy Springs reopened just after 2 p.m. Thursday after four hours of detours and backed-up traffic in the area. Police closed the intersection about 10 a.m. after a motorist reported seeing a suspicious device sitting on a transformer box.

Northbound traffic on Roswell Road had to be routed to another area of Abernathy. Traffic on Abernathy was turned around, leaving some drivers with no known route to their destination.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Does anyone who live in this area have anymore information about this?

[edit on 7-23-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Also in Georgia today:

Montgomery street residents awakened by explosion in a waste managemant truck.

www.savannahnow.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I live in Albany area but our local news have not given much information on this incident I just found out here, that something like that happend

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
See? ATS is great for bringing us the news! News you don't see everyday on CNN and Fox

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Tell me
I stopped watching the news during the day on TV. I used to have the TV all day on the news channel, now if I want to know the news I just look in ATS.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I live in the same general area and up until reading about it here i had not heard about this. I am surprised by something this big and me not hearing about it. The media has barely talked about it. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join