It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN confirms "Boots on the ground"!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that Obama has approved the CIA on the ground in Libya. As most are aware from the Afganhi conflict, the CIA his it's own military force. Also, CNN is now reporting stories about Libya's stockpiles of mustard gas. Guess the WMD lies that worked for Bush in Iraq are now going to be put to use in Libya to further the conflict.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
CIA in Libya

Good o'l CIA, doing their best to "help.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I guess since the Libya's forces have retaken some of the oil port cities, good ole Obama changed his mind about forces on the ground. Yeah right! Like they weren't already there from the start.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Hey, I saw that too tonight on CNN. Don't know what to think but figured it would end up like this sooner than later. It apparently has and to be honest, I never in a million years thought Obama would do this. I'm not sure why, maybe because I thought he was into getting away from wars, and getting our troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq and thought he resented inheriting those wars, but now this? I guess he believes in it, but I'm not sold. I'm certainly no expert in the field of politics, just giving my simple, yep, simple opinion.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just horrible...you have to question why the heck they don't want to eliminate the guy...is it to perpertuate a war which would include getting troops on the ground? I'm sure it would have been just as easy to take out Gaddafi and this thing would have ended a bit quicker and by quicker I mean just like Afghanistan (sarcasm) because all though there are rebell forces trying to out him who the hell knows what side they are on. I try to be balanced when ripping on Bush and Obama but this has to put a nail in his coffin with respect to his approval rating but as I said before this guy will still getting voted in again. If I'm rambling I blame the cold medicine but CIA as mentioned is it's own army in itself they are the great ones with all the fantastic intelligence when is comes to WMD as mentioned earlier...this is just a crying shame and nobody there is necessarily going to be better off unless you work in the oil business.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
3 illegal wars going on is just absurd...people need to wake up and tell these war profiteering bastards "NO MORE"

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
hear comes the "new osama"

and this segment was brought to you by your favorite person in the whole wide world obama or as i like to call him " O bomb a"

arent ya just glad to be an american!!!!! i can tell you no country too small to bomb the hell out of and and for oil

what do you expect when the worlds economies are based around a single fossil fuel.

it just warms my heart that i know we have a dude in that oval office looking out for you and me

awww it just makes me sooooooooooooooooo proud

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Boots on the ground and next...

Arming the opposition.

The easiest way to predict how this will all play out is to assume that everything we are told will not be done, will be.

British Prime Minister David Cameron told the House of Commons on Wednesday that he has not ruled out arming the Libyan opposition, but added that Britain has not made the decision to do so.

Clinton and Gates made clear that no decision had been made on arming the rebels, with Congress members from both parties saying they believed it would be a bad idea, according to participants.

I especially like this part of not needing permission. Who needs permission when you make your own laws?

Legislators from both parties said after Wednesday's House briefing that Clinton told them the administration acted within the requirements of the War Powers Act and needed no congressional authorization for further decisions on the mission.

CNN.com
edit on 30-3-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Watch out Syria - you're next!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
How long before it's not just CIA troops. How long before standard U.S. troops boots are on the ground. How long before were not just protecting civilians? But we want their leader out for good? The news said he was just running his mouth about western imperialism. They said the coalition was their for freedom.

Well he was right, this is western imperialism, this is about oil, this is about corporate greed, corporations, the people who really okay ed this operation, not Obama.

Since when has any country gone into another strictly for their freedom? Never, we went into panama not to help the rebels to build the panama canal. France helped us in the revolutionary war because they wanted to cripple Brittan their enemy. We went into Iraq not for freedom of the Iraqis but for oil and corporate profit. etc.

The U.S is a capitalist society, a capitalist society is run by people with capital, and they don't care how they get it. When the U.S. invades a country their is a reason but not the reason they tell the people through their government mouthpieces like CNN and Fox.

This was about corporate profit from the beginning, and the rebels were their excuse they were the way to emotionally touch the American people, so they would okay this. Don't get me wrong i'm glad the rebels are fighting for their freedom, I just don't the reason America entered.

all the best,
Jacob

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Didn't he just say last week we wouldn't have anyone on the ground???

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Three illegal wars that no one is being held accountable for. The people that we always try and free end up not wanting us their. Because they realize were not their for them when we start shooting at them.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I suppose technically sending in troops is different than sending CIA.....but IMO it makes no difference.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

CIA has it's own military and they are made up of mostly ex-Spec Ops soldiers from the US military.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

You and the guy above didn't get the point of my post at all

What does you comment have to do with mine?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Newly "Appointed" Libyan Rebel Leader -- Spent Last 20 Years Living in Washington DC

www.mcclatchydc.com...

Obama authorizes secret support for Libya rebels

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

America isn't a capitalist society. It's corporatist society that only cares about corporate interest.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wait, people on ATS are surprised by this? Really, are you serious? I'm sure there were "boots on the ground" prior to the announcement. Some one had to find the targets for the air craft and missles.

We didn't learn from the war between the Afghans and Russians. We will, yet again, sponsor "freedom fighters" without really knowing where their loyalties lie. Then, in a few years, we'll be surprised by their actions against us.

Though, the French got us into this mess, the US will be holding the bag in the end. Right now, with all of the talk from the President about regime change, we have to support the rebels, lest Gaddafi wins. Should be an interesting couple of weeks.

Oh, by the way, whatever happened to that thing that happened over on that large island over by China? Is the US providing any help to them or are we throwing our money into another war? Bet we could have used the millions upon millions of FED dollars to boost our economy and have a lot left over to help the Japanese recover. Just a thought...

<<   2 >>

join