It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shh! Obama gets anti-secrecy award

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
And now this!

Obama gets his government "transparency award" at a secret, unpublished, unannounced meeting.

source

Can it get any "better"? Oh yes it can ...

“I don’t feel moved today to say ‘thank you, Mr. President,’” said Steve Aftergood, the director of the Project on Government Secrecy at the Federation of American Scientists. But he said he understands the award to be “aspirational,” in recognition of Obama’s potential to do more on the transparency front.

Obama's second “aspirational” award! For hoping he'll do better someday.

First the "aspirational" Nobel Peace Prize and now this. Looks to me like obama has given up any hope of being re-elected. Oh, the campaign commercials these things will make!

Should we
or be
or
?

edit on 3/30/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That's like Julian Assange receiving an award from Janet Napolitano.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

thats rich transparency eh the dude signed the healthcare bill without even reading it among all the other trash hes signed.

i got an award for him too but alas i dont think the secret service will let me stick it where the sun doesn't shine
edit on 30-3-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Well Obama's not a great president and we all know it. But as much as I hate to say it...

I'd rather have this than George, Dick, Connie, Rumsfeld and Rove. What an absolute, unending clusterf*ck of political BS. We wanted "Hope" and "Change"...what we got was the lesser of two evils, really the only choice you ever get in an election.

This feels like Bush's 3rd term...just a little less stupid

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Not thread jacking, but showing why he gets the award.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I wonder if they would give Hitler a Nobel Peace Prize for cutting down on carbon emissions through mass genocide, It seems like you can get an award or a prize for almost anything as long as you are in power.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

This feels like Bush's 3rd term...just a little less stupid

How can you even say or think that? Bush - love him or hate him - was at least a known quantity. You knew what his beliefs and policies were and he stuck to them - again, rightly or wrongly.

But obama is all over the place - everywhere except where anyone would expect a president to be. Whether it be obama's philosophy or actions, it's all totally unstructured and inconsistent.

edit on 3/30/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join