It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly "Appointed" Libyan Rebel Leader -- Spent Last 20 Years Living in Washington DC

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by HunkaHunka

There's a lot about this whole process I don't understand before I start parading it around as liberty in action.

Do you know who is making these appointments and when they declared themselves as some kind of official, or who exactly they represent?

There wouldn't be much liberty if the Libyan people themselves weren't the ones calling the shots.

Honestly i don't believe it matters really who is making these appointments... All that matters is that people now know in that area of the world, that an oppressive government can be toppled. The fuel that is the confident will of the people is highly explosive...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Ok, why does this surprise you? The Powers That Be have decided to bring Libya into the fold. Of course they want to install their choice of leadership.

Just like the French during the American Revolution.

Just like the Phillipenes, Guetemala, Honduras, Nicuragua, Cuba, Peurto Rico, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan. The United States has done a fine job in "spreading" democracy and liberty there. Well that is what you would have said at the time. A few years later you realise that they failed at their "official" goals, but succeded in achieving their "covert" goals(robbing developing nations for all their resources and equities).

Where does that money get spent after it's "stolen"? Hrmmmm?
edit on 31-3-2011 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Are you serious??
America is not a backward society???
Please do tell me how America is better then everyone else and why America is the self appointed dictator of the world and those that don't adhere need to be convinced by whatever means necessary?
Sort of parallels Hannibal, Alexander, the Catholic church during the crusades, the Spanish conquest of the America's, the almost complete and total annihilation of the American Indian, and i think some guy called Hitler.
Oh my apologies the USA is never wrong and only has the world's best interest in mind and i see how much better the USA has gotten over the past 16 years or so
Keep up the good work USA

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
This is great news. They finally got someone with millitary experience and knows the Libyan millitary commanders. This is exactly what the rebels need to keep going and have strong ties to the West. Popular with the people and the millitary, he looks like the guy to liberate a unified Libya and keep radicals at bay.
I hope that was sarcasm,but going by the avatar I think not.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by iheartmobile
reply to post by bsbray11

Wow is hist last name seriously Hifter and that is not a misspelling? If that's the case my guess is we jus got our third Antichrist lol, I knew hifter I heard about before well check out the names of the antichrists lol,
www.hogueprophecy.com...

Its Haftar.

Someone is playing propaganda games by spelling it like Hitler.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You have to wonder about people. However such names are often garbled in translation, look at all the different ways people spell Qaddafi.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by HunkaHunka

There's a lot about this whole process I don't understand before I start parading it around as liberty in action.

Do you know who is making these appointments and when they declared themselves as some kind of official, or who exactly they represent?

There wouldn't be much liberty if the Libyan people themselves weren't the ones calling the shots.

Honestly i don't believe it matters really who is making these appointments... All that matters is that people now know in that area of the world, that an oppressive government can be toppled. The fuel that is the confident will of the people is highly explosive...

That is some scary thinking. Not understanding the situation and ignorantly going along with what the leadership dictates is the exact opposite of democracy and liberation. If they don't want you to know things, then it is because you would probably realise what a sham the whole thing is.

And you call Gadaffi's government "oppressive"? What do you think of the coalition that is bombing Libya, killing hundreds? Here is an article where a bishop in Tripoli claims that 40 civilians were killed in the collapse of a building due to a NATO airstrike.

You don't think the coalition is oppressive? The coalition has invade TWO COUNTRIES (Afghanistan, Iraq), has bombed at least FOUR OTHERS (Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, Somali), and THREATENED others (Iran). You see this as liberating oppressed people, I see agenda that involves the whole region. This agenda is also collaberated by several coalition political doctrines and military strategies that clearly state that they are out to secure resources in that region from unfriendly governments.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
The coalition has invade TWO COUNTRIES (Afghanistan, Iraq), has bombed at least FOUR OTHERS (Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, Somali), and THREATENED others (Iran). You see this as liberating oppressed people, I see agenda that involves the whole region. This agenda is also collaberated by several coalition political doctrines and military strategies that clearly state that they are out to secure resources in that region from unfriendly governments.

Exactly. General Wesley Clark stated that this was the Bush administration's goal too, but they weren't able to actually see through all of those invasions.

They like to aim high, though.

They are still getting their hands into these countries one way or another. And their agenda is blatant, and everyone knows it.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Great find! Better questions.

Missed this one! S&F

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join