It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Slams Obama - Introduces Bill To Force Vote On War Powers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

troll, nothing of the sort, guess just a tad bit more educated than yourself in our constitution, and as for turning me in, pffft i am sure they know me by name and threats do not scare me, however the ignorance of the American population does

edit on 1-4-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy

troll, nothing of the sort, guess just a tad bit more educated than yourself in our constitution, and as for turning me in, pffft i am sure they know me by name and threats do not scare me, however the ingnorance of the American population does

Please, prove your education:

What does Congress consist of? Because as of right now, you refuse to answer that question, with all your "knowleddge". You are arguing a failed point repeatedly on purpose...definition of a TROLL.
edit on 1-4-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Nice Red Herring argument, Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Notes for this section:

Nothing further to say if you cannot read and understand i am out!

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I dont want to know the POWERS of Congress. I know that. Youve already posted it once.
I want to know "what is congress"? Who makes it up.

But youll just avoid answering again.

Anytime you stick your head in ANY thread that I see, I am going to point everyone to this thread to show exactly how much "knowledge" you have...the only thing you know is "Im always right!", even when you are dead wrong.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
He not only did that, he smuggled it in an important bill.

^Paul Rankles Reid on Libya

Sen. Rand Paul (R., Ky.), a Tea Party favorite, has boxed Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D., Nev.) into a corner. After a quiet day of quorum calls and speeches, Reid abruptly adjourned the upper chamber Thursday and postponed votes until Monday. According to numerous Hill staffers, Paul deserves some credit for the impasse.

Here’s the back story: On Wednesday, Paul, with little notice, attached an amendment to the small-business re-authorization bill. The amendment, which chastises President Obama for his actions in Libya, urges members to adopt the president’s own words as “the sense of the Senate.”

To make his point, Paul quoted, in the legislative language, from Obama’s 2007 remarks on the subject: “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.” According to Paul’s office, “the measure aims to put the Senate on record affirming Congress as the body with constitutional authority on matters of war.”

Nice uh? Now those hypocritical warmongers in the senate will be forced to show their true nature.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
All I have to say is I can't agree more, we need people like him in congress. This is economy recovery time for the nation. Not war gaming and trying to be a hero for noting and a war we don't want to get involve with.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit.

My good friend, You need to find out what Unanimopus consent entails before you speek on this issue. Unanimous consent allows senators to vote while being absent from the senate floor and this is for their adavantage as they can not always be present yet they get to vote if they so choose to. Yes Rand Paul; "DID VOTE ON THIS RESOLUTION" Do your home work no one is lying to here ecept for RAND PAUL.. Again I will reiterate, what we are doing in Libya is a good thing. Those people would have been dead for sure We Americans would have the stain of their blood on our hands for standing by and watching it happen while certain members of the senate and congress play politics with their lives. If you and your family was in that situation I know you would be thankful for the UNITED NATIONS and NATO's interference. Notice I did not say U.S. interference because it wasn't. This was the United Nations and Nato and the U.S. acted in concert with our Nato Allies.
With my best regards
Richc

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by richc

" Again I will reiterate, what we are doing in Libya is a good thing "

Deposing the Head of a Souvreign State without Just Cause is an Act of Naked Agression . The United States Military has no Justifiable Cause to be Bombing Libya over the Actions of it's Internal Goverment . It is also a Blatant Attack on Nationalism by those who wish to Impose their Wills on other Peoples lives . We All know who is behind this kind of Sick Thinking , and it is just a matter of time before the Entire World wakes up to the Fact that their way of life is being threatened . Humanitarism has nothing to do with what is going on in Numerous Middle Eastern Countries at the moment , and it has become evident to me that it is nothing more than a Covert Attempt to first Neutralize the Commom Peoples ability to Resist , then Impose the New World Order Control over them for good . Knowing what Senator Rand Paul stands for , in No way do I see him going along with this Sinister Plan . Believe all the Propaganda you want concerning him , but in Reality , it cannont be futher from the Truth......

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

My Dear fellow American,

Don't you think that there is too much divisiveness in America today? Why do you suppose that might be so? Don't you think we might be being played for fools? Don't you think that being an American is far more important than being a righty or a lefty?? Was it not a patriot who said "UNited we stand, divided we fall? If you agree that being an American is more important than being on the left or right , then knowing the truth about the issues is your American responsibility so that you can hold your representitive accountable to America instead of the special interest. Here's what you need to do as an American, prove me wrong about this.

On March 1 2011 at 10:34 a.m. senate resolution 85 was sent out to all senators for consideration and a vote. All the senators voted uninimously to pass that resolution and that vote includedRand Paul's vote and the voting was finalised at a little after 6:00p.m on March 1 2011. If my facts are right, how was it that senator Rand Paul in a time span of almost eight hours didn't have enough time to adequately read and fully digest the contents of this resolution? Did you know that the process of "Unanimous Consent" is the most usual way that the senate votes? Indeed over 90 Percent of the time the senate votes this way. There was nothing mischievous about this process.As a matter of fact in todays vote that Rand Paul brought to the floor only 9 senators voted with Rand Paul. If the other 90 senators thought that the March 1 vote was so unusual ,don't yuou think a few more would have voted with him? If my facts are right then wouldn't it be fair to say that Rand Paul is lying to his base? If my fact are right then what should you do as a real American and not as a sorrowful partisan? The first thing I challenge you to do as a real American is prove me wrong. If I'm wrong, then I'll admit it and maybe I'll see Rand Paul as America's hero as you do.

You are here at this web site because you care about your country. But is it only your particular view of this country that you care about or do you really love America? If you really love America then you need the truth and then you need to hold your representitives accountable to the truth. Be a truth seeker.

God Bless America
Richc

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

My Dear Fellow American,

I too object to naked aggression and to the occupation ,and political restructuring of other nations. The truth here though is that Muammar el Qaddafi brought in mercinaries to kill his opponents and threatened to hunt them down and find them hiding in their closet and then to cut their throats.Given his tract record I tend to take him at his word. With that said I do view our limited engagement as outlined by the president as humanitarian. I too am dubious if this limited engagement will actually be so limited although it does seem to be going to plan at this time.

With regards to Senaor Rand Paul the facts are the vote started at 10:34 A.M. on March 1 2011 and was concluded at a little after 6:00 P.M on that same day. A little under eight hours and senator Paul wants you to believe it was rushed through with no time for debate. If there really wasn't any time for debate then why did he vote? No one forces one to vote as far as I know. So if the circumstances did prevail as he claims they did, then how is he doing AMERICA'S business? Indded it would be his responcibility as a sworn representitive to the united states senate to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America by obstaining under protest. My fine American friend he simply can't have it both ways. It was a "UNANIMOUS VOTE TO PASS RESOLUTION 85.' He voted for it, so either he is remiss in his duties to read to the resolution or he agreed with the resolution and now wants you to believe he didn't knbow what he was voting for. It's pretty pathetic either way. As American's we need honest brokers represnting us. Look at his claims, either way he was dishonest. If he didn't have time to vote,he shouldn't have.That's being remiss at best. If he had the almost eight hours to read and ponder the resolution and he didn't ,he's remiss and dishonest. And finally if he did read it and now wants you to believe he was tricked,well you get the picture. Please what is he a two year old? He votes on something he knows noting about?? Do you really want to champion this man? America deserves better ythan that. Hold him accountable and you'll make America a better place.

With Respect
Richc

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by richc

I think you are a neocon shill. Perhaps even a sock puppet gov/corp operative. Your nonsense is I think contrived. Your opinion is nonsensical to say the least. Rand Paul is pretty clear in his view that this entire Libyan thing is not constitutional. IMPEACH this Clown

The youth of your account and the comments you have made indicate your neocon shill status. You dilute the discussion with this obvious statist shill garbage.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I guess this sock puppet has signed of for now. I am not impressed by this technology. I am not impressed. It is obvious.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if the American government funds the rise of the future "king of the south" as the Bible prophecies. The US aided the rise of the "king of the north" i.e. EU for decades now both overtly and covertly through the international intelligence apparatus and so we may be seeing something along these lines in the Middle East at present vis a vis Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by richc

Hate to align myself with you richc but you are correct. Rand Paul did vote to go to war with Libya. Matter of fact, he said it came across his desk at 47 seconds to quitting time. I guess he's a clock watcher also. I didn't know congress people clocked out every day. I thought they were all on salary 24/7/365. Last time I checked, you never clock out doing the people's business. Apparently, he was sitting in his office counting down the seconds until he could go off and practice his Aqua Buddha beliefs.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
i think Rand Paul's point is pretty vaild, but with all the radical revolution, and protests that are happening in that region of the world, most are ASKING for President Obama's help with the rest of the international community, take a look at aljezerra English, watch what these people are asking for...? citizens of these countries cannot win against thier governmetns and lots of them would welcome the helping hand of america... so they are asking from assistance from not only Obama, but other countires willing to listen and help...

seems to me that our Commander in Chief is a bit of hipocrite though... why take arms against the libyian nationalist supporting Gadaffi (qudaffi... however its spelled) [Muammar Gaddafi] for the excuse of the spread of democracy, when we're still killing in Iraq and Afghanistan, but then again condem violence in other countires protests... Violence is violence, and killing in the name of democracy and or the other excuse of fighting terrorism is still murder... its not our job to spread democracy, escpeically when we can't justify going into military campaigns DEMOCRATICALLY within our Demoractic Republic... see the flaw...?

(the statement is my best attempts to interpret Dr. Pauls perspective)
edit on 6-4-2011 by nvprose1 because: clarification

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

Why do you hate to align yourself with me? I have one goal , To make America great for Americans. As I see it, our greatest tool for that goal is the truth. If the truth unsettles us(including Me) then we need to get over it. Because this is not about us as individuals, it's about us collectively,it's about weather we can pass on the same kind of democracy which we inherited through the galant sacrifices of all the people who came before us. We were given a gft and how many of us know how precious that gift is. You all talk alot about conspiracies. A conspiracy exist when two or more people or entities contrive to achieve a predetermined outcome. What did the Supreme Court Do when they declared a corporation a "Person" and as such it should have "First Amendment Rights" to "Free Speach". And since a corporation can't speak and can only speak by use of it's money then corporations should not be restricted to using as much of it's money for creating political adds as in the "Citizens United Case". Did this decision enhance your voice, the workers of America? No it gave the special interest a larger voice than what they already had. BUT WHY ARE WE THE SPECIAL INTEREST? Why do we just blindly accept this subserviant role in the country which we built. Corporations don't build anything, we do. Hedge fund managers don't buld or create anything. Corporations don't pay a dime in taxes yet they are the "Special Interest". So this is what I just don't get about us American Workers. We are all relegated to this subserviant role in the land which we bult and fought for and died for while the power elite had better things to do, and still we are at each others throats. We are divided and who stands to gain because of thAT?

Best Country Ever,America
Richc

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

The notion of being a neocon is repugnant to me. I am a loyal American and a hard working man. If calling for unity is dilluting the discussion, well then so be it. Americans have been divided and it wasn't by their own choice. We are being played for fools. Just look at this pathetic discussion we are having about Rand Paul. The only reason we shoulod want to have this discussion is for Americans to determine weather or not he needs to be held accountable. We shouldn't have this conversation because he's my hero or he's not. We are either doing America's busines or we are not and if you LOVE AMERICA you would want to know the truth even if i.t upsets your preconceived notions. It's not about you or me being right or wrong about any given topic, it's about the truth and what we will do with that truth for America's sake.
Good luck to you and let's stay strong
Richc

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by richc

Because I read the attack on you from a previous poster. Didn't want to get involved and be attacked myself.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos
[m,ore]Jesus said return evil with goodness, if he smites you on your left cheek give him your right. Don't be afraid of being attacked, just don't be the attacker. You can not heal bad behavior with bad behavior. Just speak the truth. Say it to all your brothers and sisters and speak truth to power.

Best you my friend
Richc

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join