Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

acrylic paintings of mine.

page: 1
8

log in

join

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I don't paint often, but when I do, i prefer acrylic.

these are 3 recent ones Ive been working on. I don't take my time. I haven't spent more than... 7 hours on a painting, they could probably greatly improve if i took my time, but meh.

anyways, enjoy



I know the pics are huge, sorry about that lol. I was too lazy to resize.











edit on 30-3-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Very nice work, you have a beautiful mind.



posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesustoked
 


why thank you' im planning on resizing a bunch of stuff and doing a big post soon



posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
At first I was like...oh they are cool...but hard to see, so I saved them all to get a better look, and WHAMMO they look badass when you see the whole thing at once. I really dig the first one, you picked a very difficult sized canvas to work with, but you composed it really well, I like the use of colour too, thats my favorite. the second one had some nice colour too, I like the purple used instead of black to highlight shadows. what does this one mean? the third, I like the fractals** but it is a little bit busy for my liking, my eyes dont know where to go, the yellow almost flushed out all the hard work you did with the spheres. over all you are freaking brave using so many vibrant colours but you executed it really well.

is the order you posted them the same order you painted them in?



posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Wow those are great OP! Thanks so much for posting those! How big were the canvases you used? I only have pastels at the moment, but I'm trying to make it work


Any particular reason as to why you prefer acrylic?



posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
At first I was like...oh they are cool...but hard to see, so I saved them all to get a better look, and WHAMMO they look badass when you see the whole thing at once. I really dig the first one, you picked a very difficult sized canvas to work with, but you composed it really well, I like the use of colour too, thats my favorite. the second one had some nice colour too, I like the purple used instead of black to highlight shadows. what does this one mean? the third, I like the fractals** but it is a little bit busy for my liking, my eyes dont know where to go, the yellow almost flushed out all the hard work you did with the spheres. over all you are freaking brave using so many vibrant colours but you executed it really well.

is the order you posted them the same order you painted them in?


hey thanks for checking them out


the first one is the most recent i've done. and yeah the canvas was a hard one to work with, I was originally going to use 2 of that size and make a duo-peice but it didnt happen lol.

yeah the last one messes with my brain as well lol. I enjoy that though, its how i felt when I painted it. overwhelmed I guess you could say.

I don't have initial meanings for my paintings, I do when I draw, but painting for me is different. I usually get a blank canvas, and just start going to town on it with no preconceptions of what may happen. the painting evolves on its own.


And I always use as many colours as possible, ive just always done that, I enjoy the black and white of sketching, but when I paint I just need to use as many non complimentary, ridiculously bright colours as I can lol



posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
Wow those are great OP! Thanks so much for posting those! How big were the canvases you used? I only have pastels at the moment, but I'm trying to make it work


Any particular reason as to why you prefer acrylic?


im not sure of the dimensions, like I said I don't paint much, just an occasional hobby.

I prefer acrylic because oil's take to long to dry. I'm quite impatient when it comes to art. If i cant finish it in one solid run, i usually don't come back to it. probably because i've lost the train of thought.

anyways, thanks for your words



posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn
 


seeing your paintings gave me the courage to give painting a shot; I have always wanted to, but have been afraid that no one will think they are good enough. Yours were different but wonderful!



posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Love the second painting, its very cool! Whats it reaching for so excitedly??
excellent, do you have anymore that you can post? I love painting but havent done so for a while, its hard to find the time!



posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

hey thanks for checking them out


the first one is the most recent i've done. and yeah the canvas was a hard one to work with, I was originally going to use 2 of that size and make a duo-peice but it didnt happen lol.

yeah the last one messes with my brain as well lol. I enjoy that though, its how i felt when I painted it. overwhelmed I guess you could say.

I don't have initial meanings for my paintings, I do when I draw, but painting for me is different. I usually get a blank canvas, and just start going to town on it with no preconceptions of what may happen. the painting evolves on its own.


And I always use as many colours as possible, ive just always done that, I enjoy the black and white of sketching, but when I paint I just need to use as many non complimentary, ridiculously bright colours as I can lol


wow your process when it comes to painting is my opposite, I am not brave enough to paint without planning it all out... I am afraid I wont complete it if I dont like how its going, Its cool you just go for it like.

I dig it.



posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I like the second painting - especially the expression on your tree alien creature.
You should post your paintings in the deviantart website if you haven't already.


Nice work





new topics

top topics



 
8

log in

join