Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

New alien show, "Fallen Skies" takes place after an alien invasion (trailer included)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It was on back to back.. and I watched some of the first showing and realized I missed about half hour.. then I forgot about the repeat.. so my review is for a short part of the show-

This seems like it is trying to be like The Walking Dead.. also.. its to random/sporadic.. spoiler:
one scene you see the people who are captured and help hostage are set free... commercial break...
and when it is back they are somehow in a gun fight with the people who originally captured them (and left them to be guarded)

So it is hard to follow because they go from one thing to another fast...

wont rate it, will give it a few more chances the next few weeks.. I liked some of the show and am interested to see where it is heading.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I watched it, and I didn't think it was anything special but I will keep watching. I couldn't help but be reminded of "Jericho" while watching the show, I don't know if it was because they may have had similar crew or because it's just a similar setting. I fear that it will take a similar path to failure. Falling Skies appears to be a character-driven show placed into a plot that is far more intriguing than any of it's characters, similar to Jericho, and audiences will be frustrated with the lack of plot development. I've never understood how writers expect the audience to accept big plot lines like nuclear war or an alien invasion to take a backseat to their everyday characters. But that's just my assessment from the pilot episode. I think the cast in this show is pretty good. I was pretty annoyed that TNT kept advertising the show's mysteries during the commercial breaks as though it's built up some large mythology like LOST before the first episode even completed. There is some mystery here with questions to be answered, but there's no telling whether or not the answers are going to be interesting or predictable.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I had to avoid watching the commercial breaks as they'd keep showing me what's going to happen....just let me see it dammit!

Thank goodness for DVRs...

Interesting point about the plot setting overriding the characters. So far, the only interesting ones are the outlaw leader and the outlaw girl. Noah Wyle has (for me) always been kind of a bland character (I say that just because he always plays himself).

This is basically The Librarian (TV movies) meets War of the Worlds...except he's a professor instead.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I caught a few episodes so far.
Looks pretty good. CG is not very good , but I have watched worse.

I always ask myself the same questions, how can the aliens be so stupid ?
Seriously...

Would be happy with two people having a conversation in a dark room. As long as dialog is interesting.
This seems to be very predictable but it is only thing on right now so...

PS: Anyone have any other sci fi shows to watch ?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Terra Nova looks promising....

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Indeed it does, I cant believe they are using the same guy from Avatar as a leader... Makes it more like a rip off. But does look good. I wish there were more shows that had deep dialog, the Event touched on it, ancient aliens and such... I guess it takes a build up of drama to have a point of interesting dialog.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

The Event was getting there, and so was V, but sadly, the networks didn't want to give them the time they needed.

These days, unless something is a smash right out of the gate, seems it's life is limited...while cable networks allow their series to have time to capture audiences.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Did anyone catch Sunday's latest episode.
Did anyone else see the Pentagram which was drawn on the chalkboard in the math classroom?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Did anybody watch all of this? I was apprehensive at first, but the more I watched this show, the more I found myself enjoying it and I'm really disappointed that the season is over already.

These new aliens that they introduced in the last few episodes I found to be more disturbing than the skitters, somehow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join