It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New alien show, "Fallen Skies" takes place after an alien invasion (trailer included)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Alien invasions have been pop culture fodder for decades, from the 1950s to 1977's Close Encounters of the Third Kind or popcorn flicks such as 1996's Independence Day. But what happens after? That's the question TNT's Falling Skies hopes to answer.
Starring Noah Wyle and executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, the original series looks at the aftermath of an alien attack. Check out photos from Falling Skies "If we had to start over and these survivors became the architects of the next civilization, how would you do it?" Wyle says. "This is about how to try to retain your sense of humanity when just about everything is being taken away from you."
Falling Skies premieres Sunday, June 19 at 9/8c on TNT.

Fallen Skies Trailer

Starting a New Thread?
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on June 17th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

in my honest opinion, this show looks terrible.

although its a good idea for a show, it just seems like a walker texas ranger, and V mash up, directed by the people who did Xena and beastmaster....

i will definitely not be watching it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I truly do enjoy sci fi movies. Not so much Television, only because i do not care for the artistic limits placed on directors and producers for cable TV networks.

i'll check it out.

But what i'm not looking forward to is the hysteria that will ensue.

How people will say that we're being 'prepped' by the media. Or that this is project 'Blue Beam' going into effect.

Certainly, after the premier, people will find similarities with real life, and insist that real life is playing out just as the television said it would, and not the other way around. There will be people who see YouTube videos of lights in the sky and proclaim, "THIS IS JUST LIKE THAT SHOW!!".....

As far as the trailer goes, it looks like a neat idea.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The premise is interesting. I have to wonder if this would not actually be the best thing to happen to our world. Would it wake us all up to understand that somethings are actually important, and it is not American Idol.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sundays? I can do Sundays, I'll check it out when it premieres. I've heard that AMC is also working on a alien TV series that deals with first contact. I'm sure that the aliens in it will inevitably be up to something sinister too.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I guess old Steven reads the forums here and stole mym story. I wonder if they too want to test human results much like the guys that put the four 'retrovirus infections' in our DNA.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I like movies/ shows like this for the simple reason it gives you a good idea who could stand and who could fall. My girl friend hates shows like that. You can tell it bothers her... she obviously of the nature to just back into a corner. These shows are fun, and i will probably always watch stuff like this for entertainment purposes only.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
good for them.

But I'll be on the internet looking for real vids of UFO or real stories of invasions

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hopefully it will be available streaming on-line like "The Event" or most shows now-a-days for that matter (except for "V" which has lost alot of viewership because of the inability to keep up with missed shows online)...

I'll at least check it out for a episode or two, just never know.....

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

You can watch V online. www.tv-links.eu...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
one of those "should have made it a movie instead" shows

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Let's see how this year looks like...

V
The Event
Fallen Skies
Stargate Universe
Paul
Super 8
Battle: Los Angeles
Mars Needs Moms
Cowboys & Aliens
The Darkest Hour
I Am Number Four
Apollo 18
11-11-11
Transformers 3: The Dark of the Moon

Impressive.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
interesting theme and looks cool,,,,,,,, but sci-fi and other stationsskimps on the visuals,,, they look cheap and unreal,,, and if it looks fake i can't get into it

the storyline sounds awesome and scary though,,, maybe should have been a spielberg movie,,,,,, that would have been better

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Can't wait to see it...and can't wait how it will hold up the ratings. One thing I know for sure....how the story ends. Maybe hollywood must make a tv-series which will end different for a change....you know...more like it would go in reality.....surprise us..

Fourth line..
edit on 31-3-2011 by zatara because: fourth

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by Toxicsurf

You can watch V online. www.tv-links.eu...

Thanks for that. It wasn't being made available on Hulu or the ABC site, I looked elsewhere and couldnt find it...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The idea is interesting but i could have been done better. It just looks too much like a mashup of everything else that's already been done to death.

I just recently saw a movie called Monsters which has a similar idea and really liked it.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I will give it a shot. It does look a little hokey. The V remake is awesome though. Elizabeth Mitchell was a fantastic addition to Lost and has gotten me hooked on V.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Bah, by the looks of the trailer and the story I give it max 2 seasons before it gets cancelled.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Looks interesting however, all of these American 'sci fi genre' series look good from the trailers then descend into stupidity;

Spielberg's 'Taken' started well, then lost its way when the viewer was forced to suspend all belief in reality in the last couple of episodes.

The new 'V' IMO is nothing on the original - its 'ok' but, could have been so much better.

'The Event' was a non-event, started well as they all do, then became tedious to watch (all that 9 hours earlier, 3 days earlier, 6 months earlier nonsense),

and Invasion, Heroes et al... My point, don't judge by the trailer!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Too much post-apocalyptic fiction in the last few years, don't you think ? Nothing wrong with it, I'll check it out, but...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join