It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shh! Obama gets anti-secrecy award - Accepts 'Transparency' Award -- in Secret!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Shh! Obama Gets Anti-Secrecy Award

President Obama finally and quietly accepted his “transparency” award from the open government community this week — in a closed, undisclosed meeting at the White House on Monday.

The secret presentation happened almost two weeks after the White House inexplicably postponed the ceremony, which was expected to be open to the press pool.

This time, Obama met quietly in the Oval Office with Gary Bass of OMB Watch, Tom Blanton of the National Security Archive, Danielle Brian of the Project on Government Oversight, Lucy Dalglish of the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, and Patrice McDermott of OpenTheGovernment.org, without disclosing the meeting on his public schedule or letting photographers or print reporters into the room.

“Our understanding going into the meeting was that it would have a pool photographer and a print reporter, and it turned out to be a private meeting,” Bass told POLITICO. “He was so on point, so on target in the conversation with us, it is baffling why he would not want that message to be more broadly heard by reporters and the public interest community and the public generally.”

Shh! Obama Gets Anti-Secrecy Award

I can't take it any more... I feel like Squints in the Sandlot

edit on 3/30/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: Add Comic Relief Video

edit on 3/30/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
For Obama's next trick, he will win the Pulitzer prize for his autobiography "Dreams From my Father" which apparently he didn't write but who cares!!!

Has honor and integrity become a hypocritical joke with these awards?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ROFLMAO! No, really! I am. ROFLMAO!

Oh, sorry. I'll control myself. Oh, how can people be so... I mean, if THIS doesn't tip 'em off that something is VERY weird in this universe, I don't know what would. I don't think there would BE anything!

Oh, oh, oh. My sides still ache.
edit on 3/30/2011 by Amaterasu because: brain fart

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a98b4fba194.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe Obama is just accepting the award as a stand in for the person who really won it? I am sure that this is the case. Julian is busy fighting the good fight and Obama is just accepting it in his name. I am sure of it.....
edit on 30-3-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: for great justice

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Reminds me of this story from March 2009:

"Obama White House bars press from press award ceremony"

We are not making this up:

Barack Obama was elected commander in chief promising to run the most transparent presidential administration in American history.

This achievement and the overall promise of his historic administration caused the National Newspaper Publishers Assn. to name him "Newsmaker of the Year."

The president is to receive the award from the federation of black community newspapers in a White House ceremony this afternoon.

The Obama White House has closed the press award ceremony to the press.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

— in a closed, undisclosed meeting at the White House on Monday.

They do this crap on purpose just to rile us up.

“And in that sense, one could say it resembles the award at the Nobel Peace Prize,” Aftergood said. “It’s not because Obama brought peace to anyone but because people hoped he would be a force for good in the world, and maybe that’s the way to understand this award.”

We're going to give you an award for exemplary performance; not because you've been awesome, but because we hope it will inspire people to be awesome.

Please stop America, I want to get off.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Um... Transparency? Must be another 1984 doublethink slogan... Opacity is Transparency.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
OMG! you just can't make this stuff up...
What next is he going to give himself an award for being god himself?

You people voted for him, ha ah

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
On a side not "Lotion, and oiling, and oiling and lotion" was that a false flag operation? Maybe the PTB are on to something here? Notice how they all wear stuffy suits, are out of shape and are not that good looking?

Maybe the PTB are ugly nerds, and by having false flag operations they think it will help them hook up with dates? Maybe all they do at their secret society Illuminati NWO meetings is talk about getting laid and how come it has not happened their entire life's? Feels bad man. I would let them hook up with me if it meant they would lay off the nonsense. Maybe they just need to get some and that is why they act like such scrubs?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
But you all missed the best part:

(my bolding for emphasis)

“I don’t feel moved today to say ‘thank you, Mr. President,’” said Steve Aftergood, the director of the Project on Government Secrecy at the Federation of American Scientists. But he said he understands the award to be “aspirational,” in recognition of Obama’s potential to do more on the transparency front.

So this is Obama's second “aspirational” award! For hoping he'll do better someday. Get it - hope?

First the "aspirational" Nobel Peace Prize and now this.

edit on 3/30/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thanks Obama for being so transparent on that whole BP oil catastrophe down in the gulf!

I really wasnt interested in why all those dead dolphins were washing up on shore anyway

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Steve8511

Not necessarily. With voting machines with hidden, proprietary software... (I mean, how hard would it be to write a program that asks, Which candidate was selected? then adds one to the appropriate "column?")

But I agree most people did think this NWO puppet was "the answer." But point in fact: *I* didn't vote for him.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It does sit well next to his Nobel Peace prize, for giving war a chance.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Next, he is going for a Grammy.

Does he blow..... a saxophone?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
But you all missed the best part:

(my bolding for emphasis)

“I don’t feel moved today to say ‘thank you, Mr. President,’” said Steve Aftergood, the director of the Project on Government Secrecy at the Federation of American Scientists. But he said he understands the award to be “aspirational,” in recognition of Obama’s potential to do more on the transparency front.

So this is Obama's second “aspirational” award! For hoping he'll do better someday. Get it - hope?

First the "aspirational" Nobel Peace Prize and now this.

edit on 3/30/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

That's the funniest part of this whole award!!

I am surprised that no one has nominated the man for an Oscar based on his performance in the 2008 campaign.

Perhaps maybe a Razzie will have to do. www.razzies.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
He will go down as the best Kenyan....I mean Hawaiian president of the U.S. EVER!!! And the worst fake American president in the history of the U.S.

Oh yeah, that is because if you are Hawaiian or Kenyan, YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO BE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S..........My bad

Edit: Is there an award for this?? Maybe he can make one up!!
edit on 3/31/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

This is just getting too good! First winning the Nobel Peace Prize for nothing, then starting a war with Libya; now winning a 'transparency' award he is presented in a secret meeting with no press invited. How much more hypocritical can this regime get?
edit on 3/31/11 by Ferris.Bueller.II because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Maybe this is the TRANSPARENCY the Obama Administration is being awarded for:

Obama Approved 'COVERT' Missions...

News that U.S. officials told Reuters that President Barack Obama had authorized covert operations in Libya raised the prospect of wider support for the rebels.

COVERT OPERATION:

Is it still covert when an anonymous WH source tells a Reuters reporter of the operation?

I always preferred Funny Hat Day much more than Opposite Day (e.g. Obama Administrations use of: Transparency vs. Covert)

Thanks for all the post above, I needed a good laugh.

Regards,

t

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot

Is it still covert when an anonymous WH source tells a Reuters reporter of the operation?

It makes sense if you really pay attention to how the obama administration operates.

Everything they do is reactionary to some news event or some poll.

A good example was the administration reaction during the BP disaster to criticism that obama was too detached and didn't even seem angry that this had happened. Immediately following that news was a press release that obama was "mad as hell". You have seen similar things more recently with the Japan issue, and the rebellions in Egypt and Libya. You hear nothing from obama until it becomes apparent to him that people are getting angry because they haven't heard from him, not because he has something to say as a leader.

Bringing it back to your post, so it's obvious that this "leak" from the White House is nothing more than a response to some bad PR that the president has been receiving that he's not doing anything and has no plan.

That's why information on a covert operation was "leaked" by the White House - simply to try and counter more bad PR.
edit on 3/31/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Spot On Post My Friend. Always appreciate your view on current events, as you have always been able to see the forest for the trees in this -oh so- convoluted world.

I get the feeling that Obama and handlers are more concerned with gestalt and how history shall perceive him than the truth & the here-and-now.

Being able to take responsibility is in itself a responsibility. Guess it really doesn't matter since the nation's attention span is so...well short, if it exists at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join