It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons - I have a few questions.

page: 41
<< 38  39  40   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by getreadyalready
,,,but there were several anonymous gifts that showed up Christmas morning where they were staying...and particularly Girly outfits...

God bless you networkdude, God bless you.

have you no cooth? Anonymous means anonymous. And don't ask where I got the girly outfits.
Josh had a few left over from one of his "parties". I felt the whips and leather chaps where not in good taste as a gift.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Josh had a few left over from one of his "parties". I felt the whips and leather chaps where not in good taste as a gift.
Perhaps not in your jurisdiction. Over here, that's a typical school night.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I feel very bad for.many French Masons as their Grand Lodge and leadership has hurt their reputation.

reply to post by EddieBee

So the millions given in charity is bad?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by network dude
Perhaps not in your jurisdiction. Over here, that's a typical school night.

....wait are we talking about the Shrine?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
please am sorry for asking.i jst want to know how this ats is beneficiary and how i can be a great member.i also want to be a grate member

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel23

I am not sure what you are asking. Freemasonry is beneficial to the individual as a guide to a better life. Tools to help you be a better person. To join, just find a Freemason and ask. To find one, just find a lodge.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by santjime
If one is a Bible expert and studies the Bible, one will come to the conclusion the The CatholincChurch is The Mystery Babylon
The Catholic Church openly adds to the Bible, and puts their own beliefs into it
IF you read this whole article, you will understand where I am coming from
www.666numberofthebeast.com...

Hah.

What has the Church added to the Bible? You understand that the Deutero-Canonical texts (or the Apocrypha) were a part of every Christian Bible until Luther had them removed to better fit in with the post-Christian Jewish canons, yeah?

Fact check, my friend. The canon of the Bible was created and ratified by the Catholic Church (specifically the papacy) in the frist few centuries after Christ and remained utterly unchanged until Luther.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AntoniusBlock

You are correct. Before Nicea, Constantine and Augustine, most of what is accepted today as literalist Dogma didn't even exist.

"Hell" was not a concept to early Christians, neither was "salvation". The early Christians sought gnosis and personal perfection through the Christ experience.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
no self respecting government would allow its employes and judges to be in a secret cult.
masonry comes before your job meaning they can make the judge judge against the law.
the risk of corruption is far too great.
i had high hopes for the masons.
most of them you meet personally are cool guys, but on the internet forums...are the worst shills.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazonspls
no self respecting government would allow its employes and judges to be in a secret cult.
masonry comes before your job meaning they can make the judge judge against the law.
i had high hopes for the masons.
most of them you meet personally are cool guys, but on the internet forums...are the worst shills.

That's why it isn't secret.

We have signs on our buildings, our meeting days and times posted outside the doors, we often were insignia identifying ourselves and showing the pride in our fraternity. We are registered as a 501c(3) organization, and we file our corporate documents with each state every year, and we file our tax returns with the IRS, and we file our fundraising authority and licensure to the appropriate authorities.

We are a LONG, LONG way from a "secret organization." Our meetings even have minutes recorded!

The folks you should be worried about are the ones that really do belong to "secret" organizations that we haven't even heard of, not the guys showing up at the same place and time every month with the big sign on their building.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mazonspls

Yeah, no government should ever let its people meet as they will! Yeah, who needs the First and Fourth Amendment!? [/sarc]

Let's just forget history and that many (not all), but many of our Founders were Freemasons. Overlooking the Masonic influence, the US was founded in secrecy. Let's also look at the fact that Freemasonry is just so secret everyone can find our buildings as we have them marked with our symbols and we have webpages that list our addresses, as well as our meeting times.

Actually this is completely untrue and goes against a great deal explained in the ritual. Some believe Freemasonry exercises this extending control into every aspect of our lives, and it doesn't. Hell, my old Battalion Commander in the Army was lower ranking than me in the Masons and it would be a great Masonic offense to abuse my membership in such a way as you describe.

Not really. There is just as much capability of corruption in the Rotary, Kiwanis, Elks, Lions Club, or any congregation. We do have our own internal penal code where one could be kicked out for corrupt behavior.

Meh, I've been called worse things and plus "shill" seems to be the new buzz word for anti-Masons.

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40   >>

join