It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons - I have a few questions.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretSky
I don't know very much about Freemasonry, other than the little I have read.

From what I have read, Freemasons tend to be helpful people and do a lot of good work for their local communities.
Anyway - I have a few honest questions and would be grateful for your answers.

1. Why did you become a Freemason?

While growing up, I had several family members who were Masons and Order of The Eastern Star. These people had a remarkable impact on my life in many ways. One thing which was apparent: they all had a common thread. They were admirable, upstanding, honest and good people. All things which I have always aspired to be. So once I was ready, I sought out to become a Mason. It has been quite an honor and I am proud to be a Brother.

2. Apart from doing good for the community, is there a specific goal of Freemasonry?

Yes, there is. The entire goal is to make ones self a better friend, father, husband and person. And to help others do the same. Also Masonry provides a certain level of camaraderie unique to itself.

3. If Freemasonry reveals any good information to you, which you cannot share with non-masons, why can it not be revealed? If it is good information, surely it would benefit all.

The information we receive as Masons really is not secret. Our Meetings are PRIVATE not Secret. And the information is all public knowledge, you can go to the library of congress and find everything you want to know about anything. But the way we receive it is special. Because we as Masons actually put in the work and go through the trouble of honoring a timeless tradition of the degree work, the learning, and the lessons provided in their true form.

4. Isn't being (somewhat) secretive/holding back information a bit divisive towards the same communities you try to do good for?

No. I do not believe so. There will always be opposition whether everything is done in public or behind closed doors no matter what the cause.

Sorry for the many questions - I don't mean them to offend or anything. I'm just curious about how Freemasons perceive these questions. Also, any questions about the reasoning behind my questions - please ask me, and I'll respond.

Cheers!

Cheers to you!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay

reply to post by mkkkay

I consider myself as just human - so the name of my 'society' would be the human race. If that does not constitute society, then I'd have to say 'I don't know'.

Ok then if all freemason are human, and all human are scociety, freemason would have two diffrent scociety.
why then do they say you can not belong to two.
what ever, i just wanted to point out that we can not name our scociety.... thanks anyway.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LightCraft

Thanks for the reply

It's very interesting for me to read each persons personal reasons for becoming a Freemason.
I see a very obvious pattern - most people joined because they knew others who they considered as good people/admirable.
It appears that Freemasons really are generally admirable people then, but I'm sure that even if Freemasonry did not exist, they would already be predisposed to being admirable/respectable.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Interesting point!
I haven't heard this before - do Freemasons say that one cant belong to 2 societies? If so, what is the Freemason definition of society?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
Not saying that those three alone conspired to bring the world to where it's at today, just giving you names because your post stated " I can name no names" and "offer no proof".
You didn't offer any proof that high degree Masons were trying to rule the world though, and that's the claim you made.

Do you really believe there isn't a secret group of people controlling the majority of what happens on earth? Maybe they're masons, maybe not, but the fact that a handful of very powerful people run everything, added to the secrecy and silence surrounding "Illuminati" and high rank free masons, well that makes me suspicious to say the least.

My point is those "people" running the world, well some of them could very well be masons.

But even IF there were "people" running the world, and even IF "some of them could very well be Masons", that doesn't offer any substantial proof that their actions have anything at all to do with their Masonic affiliation. No more than saying that all Yale alumni or southern baptists or Yankees fans are trying to run the world just because someone who is trying to run the world also happens to be a Yale alum, a southern baptist or a Yankees fan...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
No more than saying that all...Yankees fans are trying to run the world...

But we are my dear Josh.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Well I'm guessing you missed my 1st post where I clearly stated this was my OPINION. Again, I'm no mason, I can only opinion-ate based off the masons I have personally met, literature I have read, history, and common sense.

The proverbial proof is in the pudding my friend, happy digging!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This is BS.
Freemasonry and related institutes, especially the upper echelons,
have been, and are responsible for most of the woes of this world.
Down with the lot of them.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I know a Freemason and will reveal a secret. They must promote each other that is one of their laws. So if in Government or organisation there are several Freemasons you will see them all in high positions. I have evidence of this as my friends are Masons and I even worked in an organisation where the top 6 people running it 3 were Masons. Its a big boys club fraternity group. In a way its a good way to get up but I also noticed that some of these people arent very nice

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'm not saying Freemasons are secretive, but you never know if what your being told is really the truth

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

A minority of higher degree Freemasons are not actually Freemasons, they are the members of Illuminati bloodlines who own and run freemasonry. Through them agendas of Illuminati are passed to the members of freemasonry. And they belong to the administrative degrees/ranks beyond the 33 degrees of freemasonry.

The other higher degree Freemasons and the lower ones beneath them, don't know or can't know about those members of administration in the same way students in a university/college don't know what happens in administrative levels. And the select Freemasons who know what happens there, won't tell you because of constant threats and several oaths of secrecy which are strictly observed.

"The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple.
Part of the symbols are displayed there to the initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations.

It is not intended that he shall understand them, but it is intended that he shall imagine that he understands them. Their true implication is reserved for Adepts, the Princes of Masonry. " - Albert Pike, Morals and Dogmas.

edit on 31-3-2011 by illuminazislayer because: content.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminazislayer

So actual Masons dont know about this, but somehow you do, correct? Where and how did you get information that the members of the group in question can categorically disprove? How and why is your info more accurate? Or is it just opinion?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
1. I joined to be a part of a philanthropic organization plus I was curious about the history.

2. The talking point us to make good men better. The result of this good man is going out and bettering the community around him.

3. The primary thing we keep secret is modes of recognition and such. I've talked about our symbols and lessons on here before.

4. Sometimes our private nature does create a barrier that we are always trying to overcome.

Don't worry about the questions. Ask more if you want.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ok, I have 2 questions

1. How many Forum Moderaters does ATS have ?

2. How many of those Moderators are Freemasons ?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
i feel very sorry for you guys. On face value masonry looks like your standard run of the mill mens club, bettering each other and the world around them. This is of course for one reason only.... How many people would join if they knew the goal was world domination and that the cats at the top practiced unspeakable rituals ect ect? Not many. But by slapping a family friendly sticker on masonry, many will join.

If i understand correctly, the way in which you advance in 'the club' is through degrees. But not anybody can advance to the higher ranks, you must be recommended and approved by higher masons. This is because if you are not of the right mind you don't belong there. With higher levels comes a higher role in general society, and therefore more influence. It is a game. One in which if you are not of their ruthless caliber you will stay at the lower levels where it is about getting pissed and being part of a brotherhood while the masters go about their agenda.

peas

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the number but I know there a few that are Masons. Any of them though that take part in the discussion don't moderate that thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Masons think that through masonry one can chisel away layers of oneself, similar to how one creates a beautiful statue out of rough stone, and they think that the end result will be no need for God, because they think the perfect Mason is like God.

Freemasonry is a hidden fraternal order, defined by them as a system of morality. That's rich really.

For example, Karl Marx, Lenin and Trotsky, were all Freemasons.

Essentially these three were all dysfunctional losers who were employed to hoodwink the masses. Lenin for example had been an unsuccessful lawyer who had only six cases in which he defended shoplifters. He lost them all. A short time later he gave up the law to become a highly paid revolutionary.

Lenin declared: "Peace means quite simply the domination of Communism over the entire world." His reign of terror caused nine million deaths. 1.7 million people were murdered in Russia during the 1918-1919 period, including 300,000 priests.

Awesome system of morality it must be to attract such 'good men'. And how proud they all seem to declare themselves 'good men' seeking to make themselves better!

As Masons take the oath for the 3rd degree, they promise to conceal all crimes (except treason & murder) committed by a fellow Mason: in other words they are taught to lie. Splendid morality indeed! You really do make me laugh, and it isn't joy either....

Masons have mixed idolatry, paganism, the occult, Gnosticism, Kabala, fertility cults, Satanism, spiritualism, demonology, and put it into a blender and come up with the Masonic religion. As occultist Benjamin Creme states, "in Freemasonry is embedded the core or the secret heart of the occult mysteries, wrapped up on number, metaphor, and symbol".

edit on 31-3-2011 by D377MC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ILovePeace

Do you have evidence of unspeakable rituals? From your post you equate number of degree with rank. Freemasonry is not some pyramid structure, it's a tree with several branches. Not all organizations are invite only.

I belong to 7 different organizations within the Freemasons, 2 of them invitational, and I have sat as the Presiding officer of 2. I have not moved up in social status nor has my international travels earned me any reward.

Our leadership is elected democratically.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
I'm not sure about the number but I know there a few that are Masons. Any of them though that take part in the discussion don't moderate that thread.

I really dont care whether they Moderate a thread that they post in or not.

But I really would like a concrete answer from someone at ATS as to how many Moderators are Freemasons.

I have to be honest, when I first came to ATS I was a little shocked at just how many Freemasons seemed to be active here.

And yes I am fully aware the site has sections devoted to the discussion of secret societys, and therefore you would expect a few to venture on over to defend the cause so to speak.

And now in just one thread I have spotted two Moderators who are Freemasons

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Kenneth Noye: the Government called him Britain's Biggest Crime Boss - 'Worse than the Kray Brothers', the United Grand Lodge of England called him 'Worshipful Master'...

The life of Kenneth Noye has been one of malevolence and corruption. It is an example of how someone eagerly embracing crime as a profession can accumulate enormous wealth and frightening power. Detectives untangling his network of corruption now believe that at least one prominent MP was in his pay. Such was the apprehension and nervousness created by the extent of Noye's corruption of the police that during the investigation into Stephen Cameron's murder officers were given around-the-clock protection from their colleagues. Others changed their telephone numbers. The Noye file on the case was restricted to less than a dozen senior officers. In 1977 after being arrested by Scotland Yard for receiving stolen goods Noye joined the Hammersmith Freemason's Lodge in west London. He was proposed and seconded by two Police Officers. He eventually rose to be the Master of the Lodge with the support of the membership of which the Police made up a sizeable proportion. Other Masons included dealers in gold and other precious metals. A little while later Noye was being helped out of an arrest by a detective who was a fellow Mason. One of Noye's police contacts was prepared to intervene on his behalf not just with fellow officers, but other law agencies. The detective approached a Customs officer investigating Noye in the early 80s and pressured him to "lay off". April 13, 2000 The Independent, U.K. By Kim Sengupta and Paul Lashmar

Another good man making himself better? I think I could go on and on: you sure seem to attract all the good apples, I'll give you that....

edit on 31-3-2011 by D377MC because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join