It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 14, Bangladeshi girl charged with adultery was lashed to death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Mankind... THINK about what you are doing.

For god's sake... oh this breaks my heart.

Nothing can be gained by hatred, or fear, or punishment, or violence. Look what happens. People just die.

Want a future? STOP THE KILLING.

NOW.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
God is great!

Ahhh, the religion of peace - Islam, got to love it.

This is why when people talk to me about how bad we are to have gone into Afghanistan I remember the smile on the face of the little girl I saw in a village who thanked us profusely as she walked the mile or so to the all girl school every day. We always gave her and her brother a snack (usually shelf stable milk and some pastry or another from our breakfast meals) for the road on the way past our compound in the evening.

We found out after the fact that she had previously been whipped for adultery under the Taliban - she was 11. The whipping took place when she was 8.

My team medic saw the scars when he was giving her some vaccinations and asked her brother, who was her guardian; he was 20 and the oldest male in the family.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
"This ignorance abroad is so bothering" (quote)

the ignorance at home in the west is very bothering to.

how many innocent childrens lives, as well as parents lives, have been lost in the indiscriminant bombing raids by U.S. drones, as they bring "democracy" to the middle east?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Not funny...

Not meant to be funny,meant to be as real as it gets,she understood the rules,simple as that.
shes home now,but if she was raped or fowled of her purity,then the men will pay with thier souls.

What the hell?

You really think that keeping your legs closed prevents rape huh.

What's it like living on opposite reality planet?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

And which God would that be?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang

how many innocent childrens lives, as well as parents lives, have been lost in the indiscriminant bombing raids by U.S. drones, as they bring "democracy" to the middle east?

And exactly how is this statement relavent to this thread?

'The West's' campaigns in Iraq, Afghanistan etc somehow justifies the rape, torture and death of a 14year old girl in Bangladesh?

I really don't understand how the two are related in any way whatsoever, just more of the usual apologist deflection tactics.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

May allah take vengence when there time of passing comes may he burn them for all eternity.

thast what I think about that.

Hete to wish bad upon peeple. But they should all fry for eternity.

Sick just sick.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is sick, and i would like to say its a one off but we all know in our hearts its not just this one got out to the west.
I do not see how you can have faith or even believe in god when you read about things like this. From one view the people who did this were made in his image so GOD wanted her cousin to rape her and the other idiots to whip her to death. From another view people asking for these scummy idiots to be punished by the same god that created them makes no sense he cant even look after his own innocent flock like the 14 year old girl involved!

Then we have the argument of what to do with them, if we kill them in the same way are we really any better than they are?

Just remember for evil to suceed all it takes is for good people to do nothing!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by Openeye

Not funny...

Not meant to be funny,meant to be as real as it gets,she understood the rules,simple as that.
shes home now,but if she was raped or fowled of her purity,then the men will pay with thier souls.

SHE understood the rules. He did not care. What chance does a 14 year old girl stand against a grown man?

It was a RAPE you raving idiot - she had no say you fool.

What is it about living inside the beltway that turns people in to morons?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This incident caused me to actually cry when I first read about it.
I am not a "devout" or "praying" person currently but I "pray" that her poor tormented young soul rests in peace because this is a horrible way to die at any age.
The violence against women HAS to stop,regardless of religion,beliefs,cultural-traditions,or greed.
There is NO justification for people to continue believing they are validated in such acts and allow for such acts of violence to continue...
I have friends who are currently involved in a "movement" to covertly help girls escape who are being sold or forced into prostitution and slavery and who are raped,drugged, and beaten daily,sometimes to death.
It's happening right here in America people and in my own state to a HUGE extent.
Please do not be so shallow to believe that such terrible crimes only happen in far away places?

edit on 31-3-2011 by irishchic because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join