It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Congressman (Wis.) Sean Duffey To Town Hall Meeting - " I have to struggle on my $174K salary"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Wow, he makes 11.6 times more than me. Poor guy.

I am quite sure he does have more debt than many of us, but whose fault is that?

Exactly.....its not anyone else's fault if this clown is running a huge debt, $174K should be more than anough for any person to live very well, regadless of location.

It takes brass cajones to tell your sob story of only making $174K a year to someone making $40K a year and probably doing without everything but bare necessity.

It stinks of arrogance....like saying "You have no idea how much it costs to fuel my Bentley these days".

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
I'd like to see him live on minimum wage. His whining reminds me of the French revolution. "Your Highness, the people are revolting because they have no bread! If they have no bread, let them eat cake!" That is the kind of disconnect from reality it reminds me of.

I doubt he could live on minimum wage! He probably doesn't know how to budget his expenses which is what got him in this predicament to begin with.

She never said let them eat cake
that is a myth...sorry had to say that but i get your point of saying it. Makes sense

Don't hate me

I never did a lot of research on the French Revolution, so thanks for the correction. It is a commonly held belief though and it seemed like a good example of the attitude of people who have six figure incomes. The post above this one in is good too, about gassing up the Bentley! Somehow I can't see rich people getting by as well as the Howells did on Gilligan's Island.
edit on 31-3-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

edit on 31-3-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Another Typo

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Oh, boo hoo hoo...

Poor, poor TV star turned poor, poor politician...

Let's take up a collection for him...

(didn't think I'd be able to get that bit of sarcasm pulled off without gagging myself !!)

<< 1   >>

join