It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christian Agenda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Spreading the word !!!
I am writing this in hopes so that others who are not Christian may understand why it is so important that Christians spread the "Good News" about Jesus and his teachings. Contradictory to popular belief , We as Christians do not receive any extra benefits from God as to the number of souls we convert, Nor do we gain Kudos from the church which we belong.Although there may be a slight feeling of euphoria when a subject realizes the reality and hard cold truth as to the fact that they are not held in existence by there own accord, but rather by something more powerful then they could ever imagine. No this is not the Christian Agenda.
What then you may ask is the Christian agenda?
Simply put.Christians who believe in Christ are considered to be the 'body of Christ'.Just like humans consist of individual cells that make up a human body, so does the Church of Christ.Christians consider themselves to be individual cells within the body of Christ .When the human body reaches maturity (ripe old age) it dies and hopefully goes to heaven. When the Church of Christ reaches maturity it also comes to an end. Thus being said, When the Church of Christ reaches maturity it is ripe for the picking. Christians need as many souls as possible to reach maturity so that they can be with God. Theo-

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Yea cause we need more christians spreading "the word".

One day off from this nonsense is all I ask.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Does it help if you make a donation as well?,they seem to like handing around the collection plate.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

This forum is not for the general discussion of religious topics.

You seem to have missed that one up there, take this religious bs somewhere else pls.

this forums is for conspiracy nuts

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
what cold hard truth do you speak of, OP?

does this cold hard truth include the earth being 4000 years old and a zombie exists to forgive us for our sins??

"The sumarians existed...before the world was supposedly created!" - A friend of mine.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have read the book in many translations many times. And I still fail to see how organized religion conforms to any of the teaching within.

As far as I can tell "good news" is meant to mean throuth grace we have direct communion with God so no longer need an intersesary...priest ect.

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkofCain

How is it that the christian agenda not be considered a conspiracy? This is a thread to let all Conspiracy nuts know what the Christian agenda is. What better forum to post it in. Last time I checked you were not a mod. let the mods decide where my thread goes.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

The same old recycled christian garbage isn't conspiracy. They have their own opinion which is fine on a public forum.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It seems to me you're still using the divide and conquer thing my friend... Christianity is no different then any other religion...they all divide us.

Why hold yourself and all christians higher then others when we're all created equal...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There seems to be a contradiction in two of your statements:

We as Christians do not receive any extra benefits from God as to the number of souls we convert

and

Christians need as many souls as possible to reach maturity so that they can be with God.

Could you please explain how there is no "extra benefit" in bringing more souls to the belief in Christ if, as you suggest, the body of Christ would mature sooner if more souls could be converted?

I would hate to think that by abstaining from converting to Christianity, I am in some small way delaying this maturing of the body of Christ. Is this really what the Bible teaches?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Cut off the head to kill the body, or so they say.

I think I'll start with the pinky toe though, 'cuz I'm in a foul mood.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
what cold hard truth do you speak of, OP?

does this cold hard truth include the earth being 4000 years old and a zombie exists to forgive us for our sins??

"The sumarians existed...before the world was supposedly created!" - A friend of mine.

Oh for a dislike button!
What a deeply unpleasant and abusive post.
3rd line...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ok I being a christian find the whole concept of atheism repulsive.
1. Jesus was not a zombie after the resurrection.
2. Humans are not gods and never will be (it even says it in the bible - Psalms 82: Elohim [God] stands in the divine assembly; there with the elohim [judges], he judges)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

All missionaries from various ideologies feel it their sacred duty to spread their version of 'good news'.

Nobody has asked them to do so, and in general mankind would be better off, if we were left to ask for such instead of having it pushed at us.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyroscale
Ok I being a christian find the whole concept of atheism repulsive.
1. Jesus was not a zombie after the resurrection.
2. Humans are not gods and never will be (it even says it in the bible - Psalms 82: Elohim [God] stands in the divine assembly; there with the elohim [judges], he judges)

Sure, it's circle-argumentatory 'true, because it's true'.

You have just giving a very good reason NOT to become a christian, if you are amongst those, who value rational reasoning.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ok so I guess your going to ask me If I know what god is, right?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyroscale
Ok so I guess your going to ask me If I know what god is, right?

Why on earth should I be interested in which of the 34.000 somewhat different christian 'gods' you believe in or 'know'. Not to mention the other 3.500 'god' candidates.

What I could be interested in is, why you don't know the difference between presenting doctrines from blind faith as 'truth' and objective procedure.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I don't think of it as "Blind Faith" all though that is part of being a christian
what may be "dogma" for some is the hard cold truth that nobody can just skirt their way around
This isn't for me to make you do. It is a decision you have to come to and commit yourself to.
As for objective procedure the bible (scripture) is part of that for any christian.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pyroscale

You wrote:

["I don't think of it as "Blind Faith" all though that is part of being a christian
what may be "dogma" for some is the hard cold truth that nobody can just skirt their way around"]

You use the word 'truth' rather carelessly.

Quote: ["This isn't for me to make you do. It is a decision you have to come to and commit yourself to."]

So why are you presenting self-proclaimed absolutes .......... Quote: ("2. Humans are not gods and never will be (it even says it in the bible - Psalms 82: Elohim [God] stands in the divine assembly; there with the elohim [judges], he judges)")

Quote: ["As for objective procedure the bible (scripture) is part of that for any christian."]

And how can the bible be part of objective procedure? Do you know, what objective procedure IS?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

All missionaries from various ideologies feel it their sacred duty to spread their version of 'good news'.

Nobody has asked them to do so, and in general mankind would be better off, if we were left to ask for such instead of having it pushed at us.

Though conversions bring more money to their church...

Thats why they're trained to spread "their" word...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join