It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Velvet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I can't say I'm a david lynch fanatic, in fact, I haven't even seen Dune.

BUT

Blue Velvet is one of, if not, my favourite film. What a masterpiece!!! Dennis Hopper is a #ing genius the way he potrayed the character Frank...........

So, any one else who thinks Blue Velvet deserves more conversation??

I for one think this is a gem that shouldn't be forgotten

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This might be of help.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
For some reason, ATS wont let me reply to that thread, which is why I started this one........

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hopper was good but I think it was the director that made this flisk. It could have all gone to pot, panned because of the content, if he hadn't payed exceptional time on detail. I agree, good film.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thats what makes it so great...........Lynch directed it perfectly, and the cast were perfect as well...........something not often found in films these days

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I didn't much care for Kyle MacGlaughlin(sp?). Still don't.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

What!?! But he's soooo dreamy!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

What!?! But he's soooo dreamy!

But can he act?:shk:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
As far as David Lynch films go, I loved Dune (although all of David Lynch's films are interesting). I have read Frank Herbert's original Dune series, and I must say, Lynch's version of Dune was much more true to the novel (except for those sound weapons, which were'nt in the books) than that mini-series that was on a few years ago.

I felt that the movie gave me the same feelings as the book - the mini-series did not. Lynch should be proud of that film - it had even more mysteriousness to it than the book, which I like. I actually liked the sound weapons (I can't remember the actual name at the moment), I think they added to the film.

Anyways, Blue Velvet was also a great movie. :-D

[Edited on 7-23-2004 by EmbryonicEssence]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Blue velvet is my favourite Lynch film. Hopper is so good.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
A friend of mine wrote his/her PhD around David Lynch's Bizarro World.

Best gratuitous use of a Frank line from Blue Velvet: Cabaret Voltaire, Here To Go (jackknife drum remix).

Twin Peaks and Lost Highway rule over Blue Velvet, sorry fans.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Lost highway is the one that I have trouble deciding is my favourite over Velvet. It's a doozy alright Masked.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Ah, I understand why some fans would prefer them over Blue Velvet, but it will always hold a special place in my heart........Franks face is never far from my thoughts, lol.

BUt it's reassuring to see so many Lynch fans on the board........gives us all hope :w:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Well, I must admit most of his future films didn't do him justice, but in Blue Velvet he was the perfect choice, and in my opinion he played the role perfectly. No one else would have had the face for the role if you catch my drift............he had the best "Rabbit in Headlights" eyes for the job lol

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I saw Mulholland Drive and Blue Velvet a few weeks ago. Mulholland was good, confusing, and well scripted, but not so well acted. Velvet on the other hand was darker, surreal and Hopper was amazing in his portrayal of Frank Booth.

The movie really needs more attention, how can anyone miss Hopper weave such a sadisitic maniac as Booth and be so believable at it? Great movie, although not in my top 10, its still a fantastic movie to see.

Anyone watch on the DVD the feature wtih Siskel and Ebert discussing it? I wanted to whack Ebert a couple times during that

[edit on 12-22-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'll never forget the first time I saw Blue Velvet. I was lucky enough to see it in the theater and it was mesmerizing. I remember thinking how great it was to see such a completely different vision of the insidiousness that lies just beneath the surface of normalcy.

My favorite David Lynch film is "The Elephant Man". IMO all of the elements of film just came together perfectly in that one. The use of sound in his movies is genius.

top topics

join