It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if. . . Libya happened in America?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

What makes you think the United States actions have anything to do with the United States interests anymore?

MULTINATIONAL corporations have more influence over our electoral process than the voters do, simply by controlling who we see on TV and what issues we get to see and read about. So your argument that America doesnt directly benefit from Libyan oil is beside the point.

Our government is clearly not acting in the interests of the American people. And hasnt been for decades. Our government and our military (along with France et al) are being USED by people who are loyal to no country. Its their interests being served, we are just the ones footing the bill for it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Except here we can do a Recall if enough agree, pressure Congress to Impeach or simply vote them out at the next election. Sadly though it seems those who yell the most are the least likely to vote or run for office themselves.

There is simply no reason for violence in our system to get what we want. If a person is part of a group to small to get what they want, that is how it is supposed to work. A system that tries to be all things to all people can't survive. Look at Europe now. They have given their people so many handouts they are rioting for more. We are getting close to that here.

Like I said, people rioting for handouts and more welfare can not be equated with what is going on in the Middle East.

People here who engage in violent protests are criminals. If they were not doing that, they would be involved in something else just as disingenuous and wrong elsewhere. Criminals and Thugs act like Criminals and Thugs.

If we want better leaders, we have to get them to run for office and then get off our dead butts, campaign for them and then show up on election day.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I don't in this case. I think Obama caved to pressure because he is an obvious weak leader and the world knows it.

But then, if we don't step up when asked by Allies, how likely is they will be there for us?

This is one tough question here. I've not even been posting in threads about it as I simply don't know what was right here. I think most are as confused by it as I am. Do we sit by with the resources already there to stop the certain slaughter of the civilians by Qaddafi? Or, do we do what we did? Would you want to make that decision and have the consequences fall squarely on your head? There are no winners here.

I sit here in my office safe. No worries about Obama having his Troops show up and slaughter me. In no danger of attack, knowing for the most part we keep our Qaddafi's in Prison.
edit on 3/30/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You well should be. I'm not a young one and I've seen the changes this country has gone through in my life. They keep telling us we are free but we aren't as free as we once were. Compared to some countries it may look like we live the life they dream of or wish for. But they need to remember one saying "watch out for what you wish for you just might get it." I will say our younger ones in this country will protest first. But the older ones wait until they have finally had their fill. That is when you need to worry because they won't just carry signs they will carry guns as our forefathers have done before us. Look back in history and you will see we struggle with many of the same problems that brought about other wars on this land.

Yes we vote in this country. What many forget is the popular vote doesn't always have to win. We also forget 4 years might be to long for one person that does not have the countries best interest in his/her sights. We can also yell for impeachment but that does not always happen.

In this free country always remember this: If you own a gun, oppose abortion or are a returning war vet you are considered a terrorist threat by the government. Does that tell you how much they trust us or does it tell you they know they are asking for a revolution in this country?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

The allies have lost their governments too. In the last 30 years, we have lost virtually everything in terms of control, and at this point, the propaganda machine isnt even really trying very hard to deceive us. It will not be long before they stop pretending altogether.

They are spending like there is no tomorrow because they dont care what happens to our country anymore. Globalization has allowed the corporations to separate their fate from the fate of any one nation. We are all expendable now.

The dont need us anymore, except for our weaponry and military might. They dont need our workforce OR our consumer base much anymore, they will continue to use up whatever funds they can from us for their little plans to consolidate resources and when we cant borrow any more, they will seize our military, and possibly much of our good arable land.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

I'm also far from being a young man. I participated in the protest of the Vietnam War until the violent people, like the Weather Underground showed up and tried to take it over with there criminal insanity. I was frankly thinking to clearly to get involved with that bunch.

Oddly enough, those who were the radicals in my youth, now run the country and control the White House which does not help me sleep at night. Some of my generation never matured mentally. If anyone destroys our country it will be these clowns. Obama is not even old enough, so you know he was brainwashed by those who only went to a University to avoid Vietnam and ended up staying and taking over the University system.

Now we have people in control with no leadership abilities, who are themselves part of the radical fringe and dangerous to us. Even Bush is one of them, I don't care what Party he belongs to what he said. He was like mixture of the worst from both sides. A War Monger who has no respect for the Constitution our the Peoples Rights. Now we have a faker who does not even like the U.S. in the White House surrounding himself with Punks who want to turn the country into another Soviet Like State.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Then the Govt. would finally have a good reason to put all those FEMA camps in use.

I doubt any other country would try to intervene in an american "Libya type" situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join