It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class of 1958 vs. 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I was sent this email this morning. So true, and a sad reminder of how ridiculous our society has become:

Scenario 1:

Jack goes quail hunting before school, then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1958 - Vice principal approaches, looks at Jack's shotgun, then goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2011 - School goes into lockdown, the FBI is called, and Jack is hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors are called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:

Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1958 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up being buddies.

2011 - Police called. SWAT team arrives and arrests both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and expelled, even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not sit still in class, disrupting other students.

1958 - Jeffrey is sent to the principal's office and given a good paddling. He returns to class, sits still, and does not disrupt the class again.

2011 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin, turning him into a zombie. He is then tested for ADHD. The family gets money from the government because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:

Mark has a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1958 - Mark's teacher asks, "Anyone have any aspirin?". Mark is happy to share.

2011 - The police are called and Mark is expelled for violating the school's zero tolerance drug policy. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 5:

Pedro fails high school english.

1958 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes english, and goes to college.

2011 - Pedro's cause is taken up by the state. Newspaper articles appear nationally claiming that teaching english as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's english teacher. English is then banned from the core cirriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway, but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak english.

Scenario 6:

Jimmy falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs Jimmy to comfort him.

1958 - In a short time, Jimmy feels better and goes on playing.

2011 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job, facing three years in state prison. Jimmy undergoes five years of intense therapy.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wonder how the Department of Indoctrination(fed and state levels) would respond to this if it was put into a more serious format and requested a response. Then milk it for all it was worth publicly with the intent of showing incompetency and anything else to further discredit them.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Thanks for the Thread

I've seen this somewhere before (probably e-mail) but it still rings so true. Unfortunately, a good portion of America have raised their children as a bunch of whiners who always need to get their way. They never learn how to lose, they never learn about disappointment they throw the word respect around left and right and don't even know what it means.
Well, they will wake up soon, when the SHTF. And all of us who can relate to the 1958 segment of the e-mail will Start Again...PREPARED.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just remember it is the counter-culture of the 60's running the country for the last many years. Dope smokers and commies.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is brill!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nice!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Yeah I've seen this before and have the same issue with a few of the points:

2011 - School goes into lockdown, the FBI is called, and Jack is hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors are called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Well that's probably because of the no weapons on school grounds laws that are in effect today and not in the 60s.

2011 - Police called. SWAT team arrives and arrests both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and expelled, even though Johnny started it.

I work IT for the department of Ed where I live, and let me tell you, the fights today are much worse than when I went through school. How many kids were beat to death in fights at school in the 60s? not many, happens a lot today, beating, torturing, murder, stabbing, you name it. Heck we had an incident just 2 weeks ago here.

2011 - Pedro's cause is taken up by the state. Newspaper articles appear nationally claiming that teaching english as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's english teacher. English is then banned from the core cirriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway, but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't speak english.

source for this? what public school, in any state, has removed english from the curriculum? not a single one.

other than that I agree with your sentiments, we've gone way off the tracks and the generations coming up now will never know the freedom we love so much, as they were never taught they had it. they were taught to conform at all costs, do NOT stand out, study the test, pass the test, move on to prep school and college or university and continue to learn next to nothing.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Scenario 4 happened to me in high school.
Took tylenol to school with me, because I suffered from constant migraines. For seemingly no reason our bus and everyone on it was searched as we were fixing to go home. I told the principal I had the pills and he asked to see them, then when I handed them over I was took into the office and not allowed to leave the campus until the pills were identified.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by assclown1
Scenario 4 happened to me in high school.
Took tylenol to school with me, because I suffered from constant migraines. For seemingly no reason our bus and everyone on it was searched as we were fixing to go home. I told the principal I had the pills and he asked to see them, then when I handed them over I was took into the office and not allowed to leave the campus until the pills were identified.

You shoulda' asked the secretary for a post it note and a pencil; and drawn a stick figure with a stick gun and held it to your neck as you walkout "
"We're leaving... and I'm takin' the kid with me! and no cops or the little punk gets it!!!!!!

Oh nooo somebody heeeelp me! Please

" C'mon shutup kid and no funny business!"
try not to laugh and just keep walking. out the front door.

WHAT A Farce we have become

edit on 30-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Re post but oh so true.

The first example makes me lol every time.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The ruling generation is full of screw ups, the worst screw ups we've ever seen hippies and the children of hippies screwed the world good job peace and love

edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: tom cruise is on the fone brb

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sad to say there is a lot of truth to the OP.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
In 1958 the top marginal tax rate was around 90%. In 2010 the top marginal rate is around 35%. elsa.berkeley.edu...

In 1958 parents had a feeling their kids would do better than they ever dreamed. In 2011 parents wonder if their children will even survive because they are are so ill prepared.

in 1958 people could do "simple" math, in 2011 the un-educated masses blame the all powerful billionaire corporate hippies, lol.

Hmmm 1958 a person might have gotten some stinky hippie dirt on them and had their feeble psyche dameged for life, in 2011 people get showered with corporate love dust from japan and love it. Yes times have changed alright.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have a better one for scenario 2.

2011: John and Jim gets into a fight. John wins. John posts on twitter and facebook. Jim some how gets on Johns friend list and they start fighting on Johns status. Threats are made. The following week, John is dead. Jim posts about the murder on his facebook, and gets arrested.

Ah, what the future holds for our children.
edit on 30-3-2011 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewanger
Just remember it is the counter-culture of the 60's running the country for the last many years. Dope smokers and commies.

Really? That's who is putting all the "dope smokers" and "commies" (now "terrorists") in jail today?

Good one.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well as this is America

Leroy goes to his Negro Elementary School, but on his way is picked up by Jo, Fritz and ten of their KKK mates. They have a jolly good laugh at his expense and then throw him off a bridge to his death.

Hope this helps balance the rose tinted glasses view of the past.

Regards

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Well as this is America

Leroy goes to his Negro Elementary School, but on his way is picked up by Jo, Fritz and ten of their KKK mates. They have a jolly good laugh at his expense and then throw him off a bridge to his death.

True, but one tragedy is just replaced by others. Hate crimes and race-motivated murders still happen all the time really.

The only reason I wouldn't want to live in 1958, is because there'd be no computers, you have to get your news from shadier sources that would take more time and effort to verify, and society was more blindly accepting in general. If we could get back to the old morals, and keeping our technology, we'd have it made.

And I know those old morals aren't just stereotypes and looking through rose-colored glasses, because in the Great Depression-stricken rural area where I grew up (yes, still down and out compared to its 1920's heyday), people are still generally this courteous and level-headed with each other. I'm talking about SW Virginia, on over into West Virginia and I would imagine other surrounding rural areas. Even here near just north of the City of Roanoke, bringing a gun to a high school can be means for expulsion but nobody makes a big deal about it because we all realize we're surrounded by very rural areas that are heavily armed and for whom guns are just a way of life. Only slightly more fuss was made recently when some teenagers went on a shooting spree and killed a cow and shot some road signs. In West Virginia that's probably a weekly occurrence in some parts.

One of the reasons I like living here.

edit on 30-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

And I know those old morals aren't just stereotypes and looking through rose-colored glasses, because in the Great Depression-stricken rural area where I grew up (yes, still down and out compared to its 1920's heyday), people are still generally this courteous and level-headed with each other. I'm talking about SW Virginia, on over into West Virginia and I would imagine other surrounding rural areas. Even here near just north of the City of Roanoke, bringing a gun to a high school can be means for expulsion but nobody makes a big deal about it because we all realize we're surrounded by very rural areas that are heavily armed and for whom guns are just a way of life.

In my rural part of Connecticut things are similar, but once you drive 20 minutes away saying "hello" to a stranger is usually met with a dirty look. When I was in middle-school (beginning 2000's) I had come home from a camping trip up north in the mountains, and forgot to take a few knives and a messkit from my backback. One fell out when I was grabbing my books and what-not, the teacher saw, and asked if I had gotten it from some local special going on. At my regional highschool, a kid was sent to juvie for the same thing.

I'm only 20, but things have noticeably changed. It's more sad than anything, the way folks treat each other and blow things out of proportion.
edit on 3/30/2011 by Konah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Well as this is America

Hope this helps balance the rose tinted glasses view of the past.

Regards

And here is some balance to YOUR rose tinted glasses when 18 black males gang rape an 11 year old.

November 2010 in case YOU are wondering.

www.eurweb.com...
edit on 30-3-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
"The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America"

Originally posted by Illuminati_2012

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join