It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering dreams within a dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hello All. I’ve been keeping dream journals for the past several years. On those mornings when I can remember my dream, I quickly jot down as much as I can and read it later in the day. (Sometimes my sleepy handwriting prevents me from being able to decipher anything later. :lol ) The reason for creating this thread is something that I’ve noticed which has happened twice: remembering past dreams within the dream state.

This happened on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 and then again this morning (Wed, March 30). The first time it happened I was in the dream having a conversation about flying and told the person that I taught myself to fly in other dreams. Suddenly I’m remembering those (previous) dreams within that dream while continuing to speak with that person about it in detail. When I woke up that morning I wrote the dream in my book and realized that something unusual had happened. I haven’t researched it or looked for similar occurrences until today.

Has anyone else experienced remembering their dreams within a dream? Any ideas what it could mean?

ps
This is my first thread...go easy on me.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hello. This isnt exactly happening to me but I am remembering (getting flashbacks) of past dreams, some years and years ago, alot lately. About 3 times a day. It has always happened to me but it seems it is happening so much more lately! Just thought I would throw that out there. It has not happened to me in a dream yet but I did dream within a dream for the first time a few weeks ago. It was crazy. Anyway sounds interesting and look forward to reading the response you get :-)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have had a lot of dreams within dreams, most of them involving flying, or teaching people to fly. One time I had a dream within a dream and I was standing looking at the sky and all of a sudden I decided to fly straight up into space! I kept getting higher and higher and then once in space all the stars swirled together into some sort of swirling vortex, I flew straight through it and when I came to the end I seen the all-seeing pyramid, flew right in to it and then I woke up. The strangest part was, after I woke up, I looked around the room and started to get up for the day, and then woke up again!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bex33
Hello. This isnt exactly happening to me but I am remembering (getting flashbacks) of past dreams, some years and years ago, alot lately. About 3 times a day. It has always happened to me but it seems it is happening so much more lately! Just thought I would throw that out there. It has not happened to me in a dream yet but I did dream within a dream for the first time a few weeks ago. It was crazy. Anyway sounds interesting and look forward to reading the response you get :-)

Wow, that has been happening to me as well. The more I allow myself to follow the "trip in time" more and more has been adding up. Plus, my recent memory seems to be gone in some cases. It is more like, my waking life, sleeping life, become my whole life. I'm not even sure how far back my dream memories go, but I do know that at least some of them are real. I know I was in Belarus, Ketcheyn (not the correct spelling, I am terrible at it) when it was burned, or have access to that spirit, because the I have seen the view from the memorial in my dreams.
I used to be stuck there in my dreams. All I could do was look at this hill or mountain in front of me. All I wanted was to be able to cross over it. It did not make sense until I got a clue in another dream that led me to the picture of the exact view in my dream. When I saw it, I understood. I must note that some of the peoples ashes were scattered at the memorial.
Take from that what you will. I hope it will help someone else trying to put their puzzle together, the sooner we do the better.
No need to comment if you don't believe me, it does not matter to me, I can only hope that one day a light bulb will go off for you too!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have the same thing.

Nothing really interesting - things like talking to someone about a dream I had While dreaming.

Mostly I am starting to wonder about a "alternate universe". I have whole towns, shops, houses, friends That Do Not Exist in RL - but are Real in my dreams. I can (example) go to a coffee house and the employees all know me and know what type of coffee I want. I can go to a street and know which shop carries what items. I know the roadways and how to get from point A to point B.

NONE of these places are anywhere I have ever been in my "normal waking" life.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This has happened to me quite a bit in my life. I think it's kind of funny. Lots of times it will be me just thinking to myself, "huh, I dreamed of this before." or "This (situation) reminds me of a dream I had once." It's like remembering a dream in a dream makes it feel like you are not dreaming. One time I had a fantastic dream of doing something incredible and later in the night I dreamed that I was telling my friend about the dream I had. Hm, so yes I know what you mean and I think it's a good step towards greater control of your dream state. Some people want to do that, but I just sometimes like the way it unfolds on it's own. For the record I have been lucid dreaming since I was a very young child (far as I remember, I was 4 or 5 when it started). I still lucid dream but not as much as when I was a kid.

Another interesting thing that happens to me sometimes is when it is a bad dream, sometimes I remember it is a dream and it makes me feel less scared, like I know I can't really get hurt. But that doesn't happen a lot. Usually my nightmares are really bad.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wakeup2change- Thats interesting, sometimes I have dreams that solve a problem to another dream...very odd!

Ellie- I also have the dreams weres something bad is happening and I just think to myself, it's ok it's just a dream. The best one being chased by a dinosaur- I was running forever and then just thought I give up, i'm in a dream anyway! I just laid on the floor and the funny thing is is that it just runs passed me! haha

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by proof-would-be-good

It's only happened to me once that I am aware of and that was two nights ago, March 28. I was dreaming that it was daytime and the land around me was liquifying, houses, buildings, whole forests, hills, were literally disappearing under the ground and I was having a hard time getting away from the areas with these problems, but I was keeping ahead of it. Then I woke up from that embedded dream and found that I was in the house I am in now, except it was night and half full of water. I looked out the window and saw something dull and medium dark red in the sky, like a glowing planet, along with the moon which was full, but it looked like a broken cookie with a piece missing, kind of like a bite-mark. It looked like there was dust or smaller pieces there. Anyway, it gave outside an eerie kind of pinkish glow with enough illumination to see my surroundings which was all water. I saw the red and silver aluminum boat that's on the lake (where we live) overturned and all I could see was water as far as the eye can see. I woke my wife, grabbed her and took her to the window then I broke through the window, dove into the water outside and righted the boat, got in, paddled back to the window and helped my wife into the boat. It was raining like hell and we just sat there, wondering where all the land had gone. Then I woke up to the "real" world.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/30.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: missed words

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bex33
Wakeup2change- Thats interesting, sometimes I have dreams that solve a problem to another dream...very odd!

Ellie- I also have the dreams weres something bad is happening and I just think to myself, it's ok it's just a dream. The best one being chased by a dinosaur- I was running forever and then just thought I give up, i'm in a dream anyway! I just laid on the floor and the funny thing is is that it just runs passed me! haha

hehe...funny you should mention being chased by a dino!
I have also realized that at times, I was being chased by animals or monsters. What really blew my mind was when I had the thought...was I me then? Or was I ONE of them?

Pop question...What if there was a new world we could go to and start over, with a new way of thinking? Remember the Beatles song where it said something like...we are all and all is one? The Walrus maybe?
What if our dreams/life are a life review? Then, oops, we "got involved". We could have become attached to our ONE LIFE, which could really span waaay more time than we even imagined. How long could that take? What would it be like? Could it be possible?

I'm just saying, I don't know.....what if?
I am not asking for anyone to tell me if what I am thinking is right or not. I am just wondering if anyone is dealing with the same stuff. So no need to answer my post because I am not here for any ones approval.
Thanks for listening!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Sure, it happens sometimes and does happen to me sometimes.

Sometimes I will remember a dream within a dream that I can not remember in the real world, but I can remember it in a dream.

For/to me, it simply means that I Simply Remembered An Actual Dream Within A Dream, that is all.

Basically in the dream, something will remind me of another dream, and a memory of that dream is remembered/thought about in the current dream.

I think that is interesting when it happens, also I find it interesting how I sometimes/often know information in dreams, that I am not sure how I know it.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It just happened to me as well .
And I just realised that it happened not first time but it happened many times through the years.
In a dream I was telling somebody about rents being very expensive . To prove what I was saying , I told him how that I once stayed two-three days as guest in one such apartment rent by some two student colegues , and that they pay 300 per week , apparently a lot .
(two or three rooms really small but with high ceilings, you know when you enter one of them old gothic old houses in town-centers with small rooms but the ceilings being 4-5 meters high ).
I woke up , just like usually we all do , random thinking what a bizarre dream , I never ever lived in the town-center, in such a historical-like house , never been a student ...

A second later it flashed back in memory, fantastic , so in a dream I was relating stuff that never happened in reality but happened in another dream .

It seems that each of us has a second self consciousness , or however another state of self awareness and observation ,a perfectly normal "I" ,
strictly related to the dreaming state. It is apparently conected to feelings , logic , memory , senses , just like our self consciousness in the daytime.

Noone ever can tell me that memory is switched off while sleeping.

What I find interesting of this today is that every memory and everything we percept is associated to a specific feeling . Parapsychologists ,mediums , researchers often tell us that our cosciousness associates everything with a feeling. Our brain can distinguish billions of different vibrations each associated to a feeling , to a memory. When a telepath or a medium tries to find a lost child , he can not see the street name or the house number , but he can describe expilcitely what the child is feeling.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I Just had the same thing happen to me (Feb 21, 2012)

In my dream i was having fun talking to my friends then all of a sudden people i don't know showed up they teleported me somewhere then made me remember who they were
Then it comes to me I've met them in a previous dream they were babbling about something that must be done..
then i woke up as i was being teleported again.

I Just want somebody to explain what having these kind of dreams mean

Funny cause i thought right after i woke up "there maybe other worlds for specific dreams"

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That's a very interesting thing and something that never happened to me until my late 29's. I was just taking a quick nap with my girldfriend on a Sunday when i had this dream where i was talking with my job mates on a train but the direction i was going was unknown (i think that's a important point) when we began to talk about a french coworker (i work with people from around the world, lots of nationalities).

The interesting point comes when i completely an fully realise that i had a relationship with that french woman in another dream of mine (both sexual and sentimental) and what gave me the (own) hint was me saying to someone "you're talking about X? we had something in the past". When i heard that phrase it automaticlly clicked something in my brain and i remembered the dream where i kissed (and more) her and the time we shared together!

What shocked me the most is that when i woke i had like... feeling for her. I even felt bad for my girlfriend, i almost apologize to her for that dream. But yeah i woke up like "missing" the french girl. Completely crazy!

I'm writing this as i had the dream like a half an hour ago, dunno if matches too much @proof-would-be-good dream's, but i thought i needed to get it here written.

Excuse my poor english, is my 3rd languaje!

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I have had dreams where I wake up from a dream, into another dream.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hey lol

I know it's like 2015, but I had a dream where I had this portal that allowed me to travel to this country and back to my house, and like this morning I had a dream right and I was talking to my friend then I remembered the dream I had about the portal and told my friend in the dream. I woke up and I'm like the hell lol this the first time this happened to me so I was looking it up , and I found this lmao

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here is a thread on a dream I had a few years ago, with a little discussion that might interest you. The feeling for me is that dreams are an attempt to put something into "normal" context that doesn't quit fit there. So, some dreams within a dream may be one step further and are interpreted once to the dream state and again to the waking mind.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mappam
I have the same thing.

Nothing really interesting - things like talking to someone about a dream I had While dreaming.

Mostly I am starting to wonder about a "alternate universe". I have whole towns, shops, houses, friends That Do Not Exist in RL - but are Real in my dreams. I can (example) go to a coffee house and the employees all know me and know what type of coffee I want. I can go to a street and know which shop carries what items. I know the roadways and how to get from point A to point B.

NONE of these places are anywhere I have ever been in my "normal waking" life.

Me too! It's like having two lives, one here and one in the dream world.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalIntegrity

This sounds a lot like an astral projection. But if it was. You'd know it. You'd have felt so different

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I had a dream where I used a conscious dreaming technique.
I looked at the palm of my hand and then shifted my focus every few seconds so I could see where I was and not become lost in my dream. I then awoke from that dream into another dream and then subsequently awoke from that dream into yet another dream. And then... I awoke into what I currently believe is reality... And had a dream I was posting this to a thread on ATS.
a reply to: proof-would-be-good

edit on 20-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join