It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Lightning survivor feels 'years younger'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A man struck by lightning sais he feels much lighter and 100 years younger. John 'High Voltage', 'Sparky' Corson, 56, was struck by lightning last week.
After the incident doctors immediately tested his blood for possible effects to his heart condition, because he has undergone three cardiac surgeries.
"It's the best I've probably felt as far as energy in 10 years", Corson said.

Press Herald Online

Corson and his wife, Sylvia, had gone into the house after the thunder storm began.

"We were sitting in the garage," Corson said. "I told her I ought to go in the house because with my luck I'd be struck right here by lightning."

After the storm waned - or so Corson thought - he went back outside to measure some wood for a renovation project. He was standing near the garage when the bolt hit him.

"I saw the lightning," Corson said. "It was like a whitish-blue, but it was so bright. I actually heard the snap, but I was paralyzed. It was like my whole body was just vibrating. It was like, a hell of a sensation. It was like chest pain, with someone's hand on my chest."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well since the heart gives off a weak electric charge maybe the lightning gave him a quick charge or something. Maybe it cleared up a blood clot somehow. I always have wanted to be hit by lightning to know how it feels.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I remember seeing a program on TV a long time ago about a guy that had gotten hit. As a result he no longer felt the effects of cold. He could go outside in any kind of cold weather wearing just normal clothes. Of course this can be very dangerous.

Want to get hit? OMG. I was on my front porch a few years back when lightning struck a street sign about 2 houses down. Scared the life out of me (because the storm had passed). You can feel a shockwave hit you. It felt like someone hitting you in the chest. I can only imagine what it must like to take a direct hit.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I've been hit indirectly THREE times!!! Maybe that's why I'm so screwed up...(of course, I do kind of live in the former lightning capital of the world)

1st time: When I was a kid, the surge arched out of a light socket and fried alot of my left hand with burns...(don't remember that one too well, too young)

2nd time: (teenager) I was on the beach during a storm (crazy, I know, but it is quite an awesome sight), and it hit the beach near me (about maybe 15 feet or so away). It was pretty cool due to the what it did to the sand (insta-glass...wish I would have had the mind to dig it out and keep a piece) This was the one that actually knocked me out, but not for too long it seemed.

3rd time: (adult) I was tubing down a river with a group of friends. We could see the rain coming at us down the river and were almost at the end exit point. Some of us were just getting out of the water when it hit the bank...the water was lit up blue, and one of my buddies went down unconscious (I just got a hell of a jolt, as I only had a foot in the water at the time).

I guess the weirdest thing is that you see the flash, and then hear the crack what sounds like a long time later... The air has a real ozone-like smell, and it feels like snap, crackle pop cereal in your ears as the deafness goes away. Otherwise, it felt like a really bad electrical shock (like what you'd get from a 220 outlet) with some paralysis (guess it short circuits your nervous system) and of course the static effect on your hairs. On the 3rd time, I didn't even hear my buddy fall in the water behind me (you are pretty much deaf at first), but I had looked back as I still had friends on the river (luckily, they were floating on a rubber "Fun Island" float, hehe...) We gave him rudimentary CPR and he came back pretty quick. His hair was pretty damned funny though, as it was usually pretty curly, so it was pretty high now, hehe....

I don't ever remember it making me feel rejuvenated though...more like I had just been run over by a truck. A buddy of mine got a more direct arc too (not one of the three times), it came out of the sink, into his chest, blew him back about 5 feet or so, and left a pretty good mark. He was in the hospital (knocked him out, and they wanted to double check everything) for a couple days after...

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Dang Gazrok.. remind me to never go near the water with you :-)

How bad must a person's life be for a lightning strike to be an improvement?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ahh...but I AM still here, so there's some luck there, huh?

Maybe that's why I criticize Christians so much, their God has lousy aim!
(Oh, I'm gonna get it now, hmm?)

*ducks for cover*

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hmmm you could always hope for the "Super Hero" effect from something like this...

Get struck by lightning and shoot bolts from your fingers, or travel through power lines..

Probably just end up with a smoking skull from getting blasted with 500KV. But as long as the current doesnt go through you heart.... maybe...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
geeez.

The closes i've ever being from being struck by lighting was around 200 yards away, when it hit a corn field and started a fire and shook the ground. So seeing the force and power of that it suprises me that some people can survive after being hit.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My car was hit by lightning years ago. I was just getting into it and BAM! I saw the most intense white light I've every seen. The only effect I felt was a "ball of electricity" inside my arm (my hand was on the steering wheel) and it was shooting up and down my arm. It did that for about 20 minutes before it finally found a way out. It didn't hurt...kinda like a buzzer inside my arm.

My friends watching me from the garage saw the lightning hit and they said a "big ball of lightning was going around the car" and that they thought I was dead.

I hide when thunderstorms are in the area!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sounds like quite an experience. Read the whole article, the guy's detail is pretty nice.

Makes you wonder if the massive shock shorting out his nervous system actually changed something in his brain to make him feel wonder. And could this effect be repeated by scienctists? :p

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
www.ananova.com...

Holy Indian man needs electricity

A holy man in northern India says he has to touch live electricity wires every day for a 'kick'.

Sadhu Mangal Das alias 'Current Baba', touches a naked wire at least three times every day to become 'intoxicated'.

It's reported he brushed against a live wire sometime ago and found the sensation to be so good he can no longer do without his daily dose.

The man from Bahorisar in Uttar Pradesh said he tried the electricity wires because drugs failed to excite him, says The Hindustan Times.

The 54-year-old also tried getting bitten by snakes and scorpions. He also tried drinking potions made from poisonous seeds.

Dr Amit Chaturvedi of the Lalitpur Civil Hospital said: "The human body can absorb currents up to 12 volts. In this case however, repeated exposure to electricity seems to have built up his body's tolerance levels to as much as 16 volts."

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Dr Amit Chaturvedi of the Lalitpur Civil Hospital said: "The human body can absorb currents up to 12 volts. In this case however, repeated exposure to electricity seems to have built up his body's tolerance levels to as much as 16 volts."

Current is not measured in volts, it's measured in Amps.... Is that what they mean? It seems rather a lot.....

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It is not the lightning, it is the quality air up here.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Originally posted by Mynaeris

Current is not measured in volts, it's measured in Amps.... Is that what they mean? It seems rather a lot.....

Yes, I believe they made a mistake. 16v wouldn't even penetrate your skin.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i believe it recharged his energy fields + or -

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Well since the heart gives off a weak electric charge maybe the lightning gave him a quick charge or something. Maybe it cleared up a blood clot somehow. I always have wanted to be hit by lightning to know how it feels.

After getting struck last year, trust me you don't. It caused a hemorrhage in my Temporal lobe that now causes seizures. I was out of work for five months while my body got used to the powerful anti-seizure med's. The Hemorrhage left a scar that still has the same effect.

The sad fact is the hospital missed it twice. It wasn't till I had the first seizure months later did a neurologist look good enough to find it.

Lightning carriers to many Amps to not damage something in the body. I would put money on something in this guy being damaged beyond repair. When the problem rears its ugly head is not known.
edit on 18-8-2012 by Patriotsrevenge because: more info

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zion Mainframe

I witnessed several strange happenings.A few months back I seen a lighting strike a tree right in front of me in my truck AND IT WAS RED yea red and I mean red.It blew the bark off the tree.I also saw a tree in south arkansas deep woods that 75 ft oak,that half was turn into toothpick size wood pieces.I wish I would of taken a pic of it.It look as if it was blown up.

new topics

top topics

join