It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Metal Library Could Change View of History

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk

An Ancient Library have been found, containing writings that could change the view of both Religion aswell as History.
The Library were discovered five years ago already, but have not been admitted until now.

From article; "For scholars of faith and history, it is a treasure trove too precious for price.

This ancient collection of 70 tiny books, their lead pages bound with wire, could unlock some of the secrets of the earliest days of Christianity.

Academics are divided as to their authenticy but say that if verified, they could prove as pivotal as the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1947.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 30-3-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well, I wonder what is to be found in those books and what will come out of it?
Imagine if it would, for instance, give confirmation to the AA-Theory in regards of Jesus, or something similar- Would those holding on this information then go public about it, or would they put the lid on, or saying that it was faked or something?

Or, if the writings would disprove alot of the ingredients of Christianity and Religion as most people knows it today?

Guess that would put alot of peoples underwears in a bunch. Some would scream "Lies", others would scream "Governmental Conspiracy", and others, would simply say; "See? That's what I have always said".

www.dailymail.co.uk
edit on 30-3-2011 by Nightchild because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Let's hope this doesn't lead to secrecy like many of the scroll fragments did early on.

As if there was something 'people shouldn't be allowed to see.' Or releasing simple high definition pictures presented some threat to scholars and church authorities....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They COULD change our view of history and religion, but we will never know as they wouldn't let that happen and they will not share them with the public so yea it Could.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

exactly right. we will never hear of this again.

i really hope there is something earth changing but i knw there wont be.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Can't wait to see what controversies these lead tablets bring.

I can see all of the priests and nuns going nuts trying to discredit this. Bring it on, I say, I'm ready for the truth

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a little more info in this thread though not much in the way of hard data
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a fascinating find I hope more information is soon to come on these

edit on 3/30/2011 by iforget because: clarification

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I see this was already posted. I apologize for this, and any Moderator may feel free to close the thread.

edit on 30-3-2011 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

The Library were discovered five years ago already, but have not been admitted until now.

Cool, so theyve had just enough time to replicate the tablets, and reprint what they WANT them to say, and now they are ready to release their "discovery" of "ancient" lead tablets to the world for immediate consumption as absolute truth!

Awesome!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

What is the AA-Theory???

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An
reply to post by Nightchild

What is the AA-Theory???

AA- Ancient Astronauts, or Ancient Aliens.

I am absolutely not taking it as granted, though, I was merely speculating, as every other Biblical text is quite "in favor" of it, in my opinion. Just theorizing.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Thank you for linking the two. More "earth-shaking" than you may realize. Read down to the post from YAHUWAH SAVES for starters ...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
im not holding out much hope for this, if they ever tell us anything about it how will we know they are even telling the truth? they've been sitting on this earth shattering news for 5 years already.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
reply to post by iforget

Thank you for linking the two. More "earth-shaking" than you may realize. Read down to the post from YAHUWAH SAVES for starters ...

I suppose that depends on point of view though I was referring to more hard data and not speculation

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nice find but I believe the second line of the article says it all, Discovered five years ago. So I would take this to mean. Found five years ago, researched, documented, reworked and passed on to the public as just another interesting find but of no importance considering that it has been raped of any worthwhile information.

That is all.

Trowa
edit on 30/3/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If it's authentic and the contents or part thereof are kept from public scrutiny, you can be assured that some part of our status quo (namely religion) is based on lies.

IRM

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It looks like the Vatican has had at least one of these lead books in their possession for quite a while now.

The following was written between 1950 and 1961:

The Gnostic Church

"It has already been decisively confirmed that Jesus the Christ was Gnostic. The Savior of the World was an active member of the cast of Essenes, mystics who never cut their hair or their beards. The Gnostic Church is the authentic primeval Christian Church whose first Pope was the Gnostic initiate called Peter. Paul of Tarsus belonged to that church. He was a Nazarene. The Nazarenes were another Gnostic sect. The primeval Christian Church was the true main esoteric trunk from which many other Neo-Christian sects sprung forth, such as: Roman Catholicism, Protestantism, Adventism, the Armenian Church, etc. Frankly, we have made the resolution to make the root of Christianity, Gnosticism, publicly known. This is the primeval Christian Church.

"The Patriarch Basilides belonged to the Gnostic Church. He was the celebrated alchemist who left a seven page book of lead, which, according to Master Krumm-Heller, is preserved in the Kiercher Museum of the Vatican. This book cannot be understood by archaeologists because it is a book of occult science. Basilides was a disciple of Saint Matthias.

"Roman Catholicism of today is not true Catholicism. Legitimate, authentic, Catholicism is the primeval Christian Catholic Gnostic one. The current Roman Sect is only a deviation of primeval Gnostic Catholicism. Frankly, this is the basic reason why we have completely distanced ourselves from the Roman Sect. Saints such as: Saturninus of Antioch, the celebrated Kabbalist, belonged to the primeval Christian Catholic Gnostic Church; Simon the Magician, who unfortunately deviated; Carpocrates, who founded several Gnostic convents in Spain; Marcion of Ponto, Saint Thomas, Saint Valentine; the great master of Major Mysteries called Saint Augustine; Tertullian; Saint Ambrose; Irenaeus; Hippolytus; Epiphanius; Clement of Alexandria; Mark, the great Gnostic who took care of the Holy Gnostic Unction and left us the extraordinary teachings about the path of sexual forces through the twelve zodiacal doors of the human organism. Also Cerdon, Empedocles, Saint Geronimo and many other saints were members of the primeval Christian Catholic Gnostic Church from which the current Roman sect deviated."

– Samael Aun Weor

edit on 30-3-2011 by Tamahu because: added link

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Let the truth be known. Unfortunately those who are "faithful" followers of the catholic cult won't believe a word against their own religion no matter the evidence. That's why the church has been able to kill people and torture people and apparently harbor and protect pedophiles and yet still be a major influence on western governments and effect our foreign policy, as well as being the richest institution on earth. Doesn't sound Christ-like to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If they had any intention of being open and honest, they would have already had pictures of every plate taken and posted to the internet so we could all see them.

Apparently someone is hoarding it, basically saying, "No, no, let me look at it first and tell you what it says..."

edit on 30-3-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Yeah, that is how it usually ends up going. They tell us "what it says" then it goes into the vatican vault never to be seen again

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join