It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Bill Gates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

wait...
you have the tattoo and don't even use os x?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I like the guy actually... never actually BOUGHT anything from microsoft, even my xbox was a gift and I modded it so... I'm quite happy with microsoft actually.

Nothing like having everything for free...

And macs these days are just a very expensive and stupid fashion statement - a away to say "I'm retarded but I can afford it". But usually mac guys own a pc also... cause you know what they say in Tropic Thunder: "NEVER go full retard"

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

It's like them selling you a car without safety features and adding them when something happens.

more like selling a car to someone who doesn't know how to drive it.

If your motherboard fries then that is a hardware issue, you could have had Ubuntu on it and the same thing would have happened.

If you get a virus then it is your fault, no one elses.

People dont like mac's because of they are overpriced junk.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I love my Apple!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'd be cool with a Mac if they didn't price-gouge so much. I like to build PCs, and usually run dual-boot with Windows and Ubuntu or Mint. I strictly use Windows for programs that need it, such as games, and everything else I use on my Linux side.

Linux is beastly - your next tattoo should be a penguin eating that apple.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I know i'm picky, but BSD is a UNIX flavor
being a BSD user and kinda anti linux/gpl, i couldn't let you say that !

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Are you part french? eiffel tower?

Have you royal blood? fleur de lis?

(do you think shakespeare really existed?)
edit on 31-3-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
dear Bill gates!

we the general public reserve the right to degrade , spoof and insult your crappy software and computers .

we reserve the right to demand atm cards with unlimited access to your vast personal unlimited bank accounts we . we got bills to pay too ya know .

we reserve the right to give you a mullet or afro haircut for OUR amusement at any given time .

we reserve the right to pump you full of helium just to hear you speak in a funny voice so we can laugh our heads off ...

any questions mr gates?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Thank you for replying. And thank you for pointing out an obvious which I overlooked. You mentioned along the lines of you are not a hands-on person nor a computer person. The reality did not occur to me that most folks are probably in the same boat as you. Not everyone is a hands-on tool user, and I overlooked that putting together your own box is indeed a step up the geek chain ladder. !! Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees

After I read more posts I suddenly remembered a small company that floundered on success a few years ago. They had a little PC that ran on an open source Operating System. The OS mimicked Windows appearance but was indeed Linux. It was called Lindows and it was very affordable. Legal problems plagued them and the brass ring was denied. Claims of the product name being too close to Windows was the surface argument.

I don't know what became of the Lindows product or those behind it. I think their hearts were in the right place. Sweet technology reasonably priced for the masses is an admirable venture. Darn shame those who worked so hard and took risks were denied tasting sweet $$$success.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

wait...
you have the tattoo and don't even use os x?

Yes I am a fraud!!

LOL I had two Apples but had to get a PC for school last year then sold my Apple for a plane ticket...don't ask lol I will have my Apple next month. I have been counting the days!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

LMAO!

I will say I will keep both computers. I was gonna sell my acer but I will just get it fixed and keep it. It wont hurt to have two esp since i have CS4 on it. One day I will figure it out lol

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

That is your opinion and I don't agree

They are not over priced, well slightly..Also not sure what unbuntu is and if it doesnt come on the computer i dont want to have to have a damn computer degree to understand everything and what I need to install for my computer so it's safe. I dont have that worry on Apple and I love it. I am not computer savy, well I can do more on an Apple vs a PC and I have always used Apple.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Are you part french? eiffel tower?

Have you royal blood? fleur de lis?

(do you think shakespeare really existed?)
edit on 31-3-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

Hahaha!

Yes I am part French you could say on my German side since my last names origins are French.

Nope no royal bloodline I know of...I chose it for France

Shakespeare well he is a mystery
The conspiracy around Shakespeare is very interesting to read about and its one not many people really know about. I would love to do a thread one day but I just dont have the time.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

LMAO!

I love you!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Thank you for replying. And thank you for pointing out an obvious which I overlooked. You mentioned along the lines of you are not a hands-on person nor a computer person. The reality did not occur to me that most folks are probably in the same boat as you. Not everyone is a hands-on tool user, and I overlooked that putting together your own box is indeed a step up the geek chain ladder. !! Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees

Lol it's cool. I wish I could build a computer lol Computers were becoming popular in HS for me so I didn't really have my own til I was in my 20s and it was an Apple of course lol I think now a days kids take computer classes where when I was in school they didn't have those. I can surf the internet like crazy but I can't figure out when my computer has issues lol

After I read more posts I suddenly remembered a small company that floundered on success a few years ago. They had a little PC that ran on an open source Operating System. The OS mimicked Windows appearance but was indeed Linux. It was called Lindows and it was very affordable. Legal problems plagued them and the brass ring was denied. Claims of the product name being too close to Windows was the surface argument.

I don't know what became of the Lindows product or those behind it. I think their hearts were in the right place. Sweet technology reasonably priced for the masses is an admirable venture. Darn shame those who worked so hard and took risks were denied tasting sweet $$$success.

Guess Bill needed more billions.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by alysha.angel

LMAO!

I love you!

i know you do its obvious... ummm what will my next note to gates be??? ummm

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join