It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Bill Gates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Anyone can build a PC, its just like lego for big kids

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ohboyohboy

Haha I like legos

I just prefer Apple. I have used them since first grade lol All my schools always had Apple so I know how to use an Apple really well. PC's literally make me scream and rage lol Just come to chat sometime haha.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Each to their own aint it

You are lucky your school had money to provide macs for everyone!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well i was a win98 fan but time and other programs took that away from me, i reluctantly went to winxp and dabbled in linux, i am now win 7.
All of which i had no issues with and i have had a network of 4 or more computers for better that 10 years.
I guess if you look for the bad you'll find it.
But really, branding yourself with a corporate logo?
You bought the apple story, hook line and sinker.
Remember: friends do not let friends do fruit on the box.

But really though i have no real complaints of apple as the last one i owned was an apple 2c.
But my wife is a teacher for special ed and she says the computers work great for them, and US marines.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Have never had any problems using a PC ( XP, Windows 7)

Funny thing is that I have bought a macbook for my girlfriend as a present, but that's because she doesnt know much about computers.

I use it some time and am impressed only by the longevity of the battery.........

In contrast the battery of my one year old HP is already dead

However the ONLY thing that would stop me from getting a MAC is that there is no physical right click ! Its like learning to walk on one leg suddenly....

The tattoo is cool, reminds me of the guy that got Microsoft's Zune logo on his arm

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Rant all you want. There are many open source operating programs for personal computer users. Many are very low cost, some are free. You don't have to use a OS that you do not like.

Nobody forced you to buy Microsoft products.

I like Apple products too, but I'm prudent with my spendable income. Even the used Macs on eBay sell beyond their worth. It's not a bargain if both sides of a transaction are not happy. Apple products are expensive.

I see people vent at Bill Gates. What about the PC & laptop manufacturers? Personally, the worst PC problems I've had were directly related to manufacturer engineered features and not the software.

So bitch away, it's good to rant sometimes, very therapeutic. When you feel better and you're wearing your big boy pants, why not take the Pepsi challenge? Save yourself a bundle next time, build your own PC and go with a nice Linux operating system. Then you can laugh at people who still buy MS & Apple.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yeah I never saw it as being lucky until I was older and realized not many schools have Apples.
I'm 32 now

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

LOL yup I like my branding

It's something those close to me get, others I get why they find it nuts which is fine. It's my body and I can brand as I wish so to speak lol

US Marines? Where did that come from lol

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Monte-Carlo

I never had right click til I got a PC so it wasn't something that I missed lol

I think they have that now on the new mouse, not sure. I always had a laptop.

The PC laptop I have now has a wireless mouse and I use the right click, it's nice I will admit.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

And what are you the tattoo police?
If you knew me personally you would get it but you don't.

No, not tattoo police. Seen lots of tattoos but never a coporate one. You should get paid for wearing that. Your like a wet dream for the apple coporation. Send them a pic and they will probably give you lots of free product.

LMAO Seriously are you for real? GET OUT OF YOUR BASEMENT!

dont have a basement

It shows how good at brainwashing these firms are.

Hahaha far from brainwashed....you don't know me so you don't get it...that's cool.

i don't know you so i dont get it. yes thats cool. if you knew me you would run away , fast..

What is your childhood trauma?

I guess its when i was a kid some day i just realised I didn't know where I was and what I was supposed to be doing. Its kinda still like that today. Nothing on this planet as a whole, really makes any sense to me. Everybody else just seems completey insane. I'm sure that will make you feel better.

You did ask.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I don't like PCs and I will NOT build one, not a clue how and I dont like PC's period.

I only have a PC because I was told I needed a windows computer for school and well that thing died in a year and now I am using my roommates HP laptop til I get my Macbook Pro in May...I can't wait.

I dont get open source things...If you are PC literate that is great but I am not, I'm Apple literate so it's frustrating to use a PC for me. I know people who have PCs and they work fine but most of them built them on their own. My bf built his and I actually liked his computer. I didn't have problems with it but then again he has a computer degree so he knows what he is doing. I on the other hand have not one clue lol

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

LOL Everyone IS insane

Nobody is normal, we are all crazy in our own right

and that "What is your childhood trauma" is a Buffy reference lol sorry..it happens

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Dear Bill Gates,

I have used Win 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP and Win 7... and still you mock me with that stupid TADA wav. What's with you man? Strapped for cash? Can't find a royalty free sound on the internet? I hope that this sound is played across every loud speaker on Earth the day you kick the bucket!

IRM :shk:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Macs. Underpowered, Overpriced, and incompatable with like...everything.

Sure, your risks of virus's and such are less than a PC, but thats one hell of a trade off...and the price difference, you can get a kickarse virus protection on a great system and still save a ton of dosh...while able to run anything you want and have it actually run well.

BTW, your first paragraph had nothing to do with the OS...dropping, kicking, motherboard issues, etc...those are hardware, you can't complain about software functionality, then start discussing hardware..like me complaining about a car, then starting off with how crappy the music is from the radio and how the songs are meaningless and bubble gum pop.

Macs...bah!

-shakes fist and waves the PC flag-

Your wrong...WRONG!!!

(now this is a flamewar I can get into)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yep, mine is home built and have had it now just on 7 years but come on....Apple is pretty slick and almost all my friends have them and live by them. One of them just upgraded to the latest and I'm in awe.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

sorry. never seen buffy.

i'm so embarressed/ashamed.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Dear Bill Gates,

I have used Win 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP and Win 7... and still you mock me with that stupid TADA wav. What's with you man? Strapped for cash? Can't find a royalty free sound on the internet? I hope that this sound is played across every loud speaker on Earth the day you kick the bucket!

IRM :shk:

Bah, talking like a man whom never heard the nothingness of DOS 6. It was creepy and quiet man...TADA brought us from the dark ages of simple green on black into the world of desktops...for shame...for shaaaame!

TADA is the hymn, the anthem of the computer age and PC revolution...one day, a million years from now in some school, children will be watching a chart of history and it will move from dinosaurs, to the bronze age (with the sounds of clanging metal against metal), to the industrial revolution (sounds of machines), then the computer age hits...and tada.wav will play..probably followed by a indian accent man offering tech support.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
TADA brought us from the dark ages of simple green on black into the world of desktops...for shame...for shaaaame!

TADA is the hymn, the anthem of the computer age and PC revolution...one day, a million years from now in some school, children will be watching a chart of history and it will move from dinosaurs, to the bronze age (with the sounds of clanging metal against metal), to the industrial revolution (sounds of machines), then the computer age hits...and tada.wav will play..probably followed by a indian accent man offering tech support.

LMAO!

IRM

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Actually...ok...here is the solution

You can get your crappy inferior fruit machine, just download a virtual desktop and install windows on a virtual machine (sort of like a "game"..has its own little section on the harddrive, you can nerf it without worries, etc).

That way you can have both without having to buy 2 machines...there are some free virtual machine software out there you may wish to check in on...pretty good. Virtualbox comes to mind..really simple to use, and free. Hell, you can have every operating system known to man installed on one computer under different segments. The entire "computer" is actually just a file that doesn't mess with anything else, but when up, runs exactly like a completely different computer (in its own window).

Check it out.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Um so you are admitting to flaming by saying "this is a flame war I could get into" so that is a fancy roundabout term for trolling
hehe.

I despise PCs and everything about them. NOTHING anyone says will change my mind.

Apples make better computers for me, you get what you pay for.
I know my Acer was a piece of crap but I had to have it for school. Believe me spending money on a PC didnt make me happy.

Also why would I want to buy a computer then buy an anti virus and all the other things when I can just buy an Apple and it comes with exactly what I need. For me Apples are perfect for what I do...

Why do people NOT get that. I DONT LIKE PCs!

This is like trying to compare apples and oranges lol you can't convince me.

I am well aware of the Apple cost but to me in the long run it is worth it. Its like buying a VW over a Hyundai lol

I had my PB G4 for 5yrs and I spent 400 on it to replace the harddrive when my ex bought me a "universal" charger that fried my HD in a matter of days. That is the ONLY thing I ever had to pay to have fixed and it wasn't the fault of the computer or OS, it was the bad power cord. Also I linked to my thread on it being dropped, pics and all and it worked just fine even after being dropped minus the screen and sound issues.

So yeah you will never convince me hehe...give it up! lol

also I hope you know i am only playing around with you and I am not calling you a troll

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join