It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thieves using bank web pop ups to steal account info.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Portland Ore. Web highjackers are using pop-up ads to steal bank account information. If you recieve e-mail you have probably recieved messages that look like they were sent by authentic banks or corporations, asking you to verify personal bank information. If you get one, don't respond! They are scams to empty your bank account.According to the article E Bays Pay Pal is another to be careful with!

www.katocom...

Watch out for this one!!scammers are coming up with new and inovative ways to steal your information and money. I am always careful giving out information online!

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have read some stuff about that yesterday, just after I attended an internet service at my bank. It is awful, how far people go to access information (passwords, username, etc) .

I am scared a bit, but the best thing always is to keep the cash very low. Still, I don't know what the future holds, what to come next. People are very creative, and high technology concerns those, who just use their credit card just anywhere. Thieves steal complete cash-machines to find out how they work, and how to access the personal infos...

join