It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is ok - BANNED - Police, Camera, Action(Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

You know, I agree with you. They are both a couple of clowns.
Still the video is funny, to be honest the statement the film maker makes at the end about teaching kids safety was a pleasant ending.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

ha yea they should just stay of the street then to ensure total safety!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
He says he's a student of the law yet misspells "bicycle" in PC Stouts intro

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Thats fine, but it wouldnt fly in the US, we would have already been beaten, stomped, tazed, then shot. Did I mention beaten after being shot?....something like that~

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I agree. They both come off badly.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am so glad that guy was not in the USA and had this happen, because the police here would have shot him in the back..

Back shooting cowards are what 75% of all law enforcement in the USA is today...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Good stuff man!

I find it very disheartening that law enforcement is only equipped with an "outline" of the true laws.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It's a pity there aren't more police on bikes, or on their feet for that matter. It's a no brainer to know that police cooped up in cars represent almost zero percent of crime prevention on the street, just the aftermath. This video is also rubbish in its content shown as to why video man was stopped in the first place, since it was also dealing with the aftermath, and nothing to do with the spirit of the law, which can be perceived as good or bad, and going through a red light is against the spirit of the law if it is perceived as a good law. So video man declined to show that part of it, or was the camera on? makes no difference, video man could have ended up on trial in a crown court, that's stupid.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I wish I could live in the UK.

If a person did that here in Texas, there would have been a definite tazering and beating of the filmmaker and the total destruction or loss of his equipment.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
God bless that man, this is all too common, sadly. People need to start questioning the laws they are being unjustly held too day by day, bring your cameras, it is our god given right. This moron has no knowledge of the law nor knowledge of common sense and shouldn't be afforded a badge.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hell yeah! Question the laws that forbid driving through red lights!!! We have the right to endanger ourselfs and everyone else!!! To the barricades!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
From that video, I can tell you that cops in America are not that nice. Any officer that pulled you over, even if you are on a bike, would immediately become super aggressive in an attempt to control the situation. Therefor causing any normal person to either retreat and just submit to the situation, or to become agitated to the point of an actual law being broken. (i.e. Resisting arrest or being belligerent towards a cop)

Bravo to the "bloke" holding the camera and playing the situation out in order to establish a rational reason for being stopped. I wish anybody luck who is out to prove that there human rights are being trampled on because of semantics related to the law.....Its all BS

9/11 was an inside job.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
lol that was hilarious, i agree cops are out there risking there lives every day, but when get ridiculous over the small things and start becoming aggressive as if you were some murderous criminal or something it feels good to see someone totally outwit them and stick to em yyyyyaaaaaaaahhh!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Wow Reminds me of my thread but the Video is More Violent ! Papers Please (ID)

If any one care to look at it ! a Must See for Every American ! Especially that travels Through an Highway
in Virgina You dont want to show ID TASE HIM!!!! which did not happen Sic the Dog After These Indians!
in which did happen ! Threaten with a Taser Mace and a German Shepard! all becuse there Native American and One refuse ID ! ohh yeah I guess there were still on Native American Reservation Territory in Virgina, as in New York State Police have limited Jurisdiction

Virginia State Police; POLICE STATE ACTION on Akwesasne (Mohawk) Youth (Video), page 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 31-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I think the cyclist was wrong, I bet there is no cop that can recite Laws off the top of their head on command but that doesn't mean they dont know when you have broke it... in this case running a red light.

I dont think the cyclist had the right to question the police officer like that, he was stopped and refused to cooperate, the cop should have arrested him simply for that and used his head cam footage against him as evidence, the guy was being an ass if you ask me...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

That was fantastic, one of the most uplifting videos I have seen on ATS for a long time. Although the cyclist did come across as a little arrogant, he was within his rights to refuse to take the ticket and he knew this. I almost felt sorry for PC STOUT. .

The policeman should have know under what section of the law he is going to use in order to make the arrest. Although it is comical to watch, this goes to show just how incompetent police officers are and highlight the need for drastic reform in order to build up relationships with the public instead of looking like trumped up revenue collectors

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Who was in the wrong - the policeman who did not know the law or the man who ran through a red light?
If anyone has a sound moral fiber they would not run a red light and put themselves and others at risk.
What happens if a car full of children swerved to avoid him and crashed ?

I can see how this material can be used as ammunition for the state to enforce more draconian laws
against its citizens.

The message to me in this video is that ignorant people do ignorant things.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I dunno.......looks to me like the fellow might have been arrested. How would we know? I do know that in the States, cyclers have to obey traffic laws just like any other vehicle operator. Under our laws, a cop could in fact ticket someone for running a red light. Resisting arrest? That would be even worse. Now, the cop should know the laws, of course, but that doesn't make committing a crime alright.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
This could all have been avoided if he hadn't BROKEN THE LAW in the first place.

Sickening the amount of people that are supporting the cyclist just because he's opposing a policeman.

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by petdog82

Britain's finest at work, meanwhile round the corner an old lady is getting her bag stolen.

And what if he had hit an old lady, cycling through the red light? Perspective still the same?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Thanks OP for the post, it really put a smile on my face
S&F for you, also thanks to all the other video posters, all the videos really made me smile, nice to see some light entertainment rather than doom and gloom for a change.

Whilst going through a red light is not a good thing, it is hardly a major criminal offence and the Policeman completely flustered everything and got almost everything wrong, demanding documents from a bicycle rider lol. He just got flustered, must of been one of those mornings. The cop wasn't malicious, just got it wrong and the guy used it against him.

The other thing is, have you watched this guys other videos? You are all criticizing him but while we all sit here on our backsides talking crap on here, he actually goes out and does something, all in a good humoured way with non aggressive tactics designed to make people think and smile
hats off to him

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join