It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: US Tank Crash Kills Iraqis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Apparently a U.S. tank collided with a van full of Iraqis returning from a wedding. A witness said an armored vehicle hit the bus then left. 18 were injured as they were returning from a wedding party. He said the casualties included four men, four women and a child.
US Military officials indicate the van was trying to pass another vehicle when it hit the tank.
It has not been determined if the tank actually left the scene of the accident.

english.aljazeera.net
Nine Iraqi civilians have been killed after a US tank crashed into their bus, amid a conflicting version of the incident from the American military.

A passenger on the bus told Associated Press Television News (APTN) that the tank crashed into a bus in Tarmiyah, 50km north of Baghdad, late on Thursday, as they returned from a wedding.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Was this a hit and run by U.S. Soldiers?

Related News Links:
CNN.com

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here we go again. Was it not last month we had a air strike conducted against a wedding party taking place at 3 AM in the morning. This time the claims are against armor. It appears from the limited description of the incident that the Iraquis' in the van were trying to avoid a check-point and they were blocked from doing so. The responsibilty of this accident falls in the hands of the driver of the van not the U.S. Army.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oh yeah this reminds me of an incedent were a US tank in South Korea was driving down a street and one of the treads well off started rolling and crushed a car with two people in it. Yep tanks are dangerous in civilian areas. We must really hate Arab weddings or something. Anywho my sympathies to the people in the van.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
oh no, I feel sorry for the poor americans who oviously are having the good amrican name draged through the mudd here.....

yeah right.....

[edit on 23-7-2004 by disturbence]

top topics

join