It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Shift Happening Now? NICT Is Finally Up But Look At This...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hello ATSer,

I've been following NICT for some time, but it was down for about 2 weeks due to the power outages in Japan (the servers are based in Japan). NICT monitors our magnetosphere, and is the only source I know of.

So it has been off-line since the Japan quake, and came back online late last night. Surprise surprise! North and south pole are inversed, how convenient that it happened while it was off-line.

Now I'm asking you, is this normal, did it ever happen? I've been monitoring that for maybe 3-4 months, and it's the first time I see such a huge distortion. Now look at this video:

In his video, we can clearly see that it was hot today, just look at the pressure indicator in his video. But that is not my main concern. The problem is, Sun ejected quite a big CME today, and it seems to be Earth-directed. You can watch a video from the same youtuber about it:

So people, what do you think of all this. What happens when a CME impacts a reversed magnetosphere?
EDIT: Here's the website!
EDIT 2: Here's a timeline of the reversal, starting on 03/29/2011 15:00:30 UT :

Here's what look like to be the peak of the impact

And look at how fast it stops, then reverse:

Nothing influencing the magnetosphere, but stays flipped

EDIT 3: Ok, in the top left corner is the magnetic field of the Earth. Blue represents north, and red represents south. Even though the polarities originate from where they are supposed, they are bending the wrong way. In the top right corner, there is a simulation of the pressure on that magnetic field. The whiter it is, the more pressure there is. The two others I have no ideas, maybe someone can enlight me on these

edit on 30-3-2011 by Gab1159 because: Final edit

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm not sure i understand what is happening in the first picture. Sorry but could you maybe dumb it down for me abit?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
the pic looks juicy....but you will have to wait to see if it is polar shift...after a few more uploads of images you will see it change...iv seen worse....but the pressure on the magnetic field from these flares have been noteably high this year, from your images it looks like its at low pressure...weird..iv never seen it that low this year..the coloru meter has always been in the red or white!!
edit on 30-3-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

Added EDIT 3 to answer your question

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
No, there's no pole shift.

The simulator is showing a drop off in geomagnetic activity, that's all.

And it's happened before:

Magnetosphere readings 3rd March 2009:

(click to open player in new window)

Magnetosphere readings 22nd February 2005

(click to open player in new window)

edit on 30/3/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Thanks for your post. Been too long since the NICT down and yes its like flying blind. Keep up the great work providing intel like this. I cant scan all my sites at work but i do a quick ATS look through the day and this is the info update i love seeing. Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks Chad. Do you know what a CME could do to a magnetosphere that is weakened that way? There has been a pretty good Earth-directed one today, so I wonder what it will do, if it does not stabilize before its arrival.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 30-3-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

It won't affect it, when the wind picks up it will look like like it did yesterday/earlier today:

To put it simply, it's like a wind sock.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
No pole shift. What the simulator is showing is the effects of a strong north turn of the solar wind (the Bz component). With this orientation the magnetosphere "rejects" the solar wind rather than connecting with it, preventing solar particles from accumulating. For this reason geomagnetic activity is low.

A more in depth description can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
No pole shift. What the simulator is showing is the effects of a strong north turn of the solar wind (the Bz component). With this orientation the magnetosphere "rejects" the solar wind rather than connecting with it, preventing solar particles from accumulating. For this reason geomagnetic activity is low.

Dude, I can't find any archived images at the Real-time Mag Sim from 3/11. Do they store them? Do you have a link?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Once again Phage, thanks.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Dude, I can't find any archived images at the Real-time Mag Sim from 3/11. Do they store them? Do you have a link?

There was no power where they store the pictures. So I think they are unavailable.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

There are no archived images but you can download animations.
www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
That is the thing i just absolutely love about a pole shift, it doesn't matter how deep your bunker is or what preps you have made.
It does not descriminate from rich and poor, healthy or weak.
Mother Nature just wants to show how angry she is and is not gonna take it anymore.
Go Momma!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

There are no archived images but you can download animations.
www2.nict.go.jp...

Thanks brother. WOW, that was truly freaky to watch. Star for you, bookmark for me.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Attention, my compass who had a offset of 1° since last year (normal rate would be 30years > 1°, I checked it when the last compass thread began)
is now declined by 3° to east compared to last year, since sunday or monday (would have to lookup my post)

I unmounted it and swinged it a little bit to let it settle again and mounted it back, it has 3° offset to east. Tomorrow, when I´m at work I´ll setup the compass board if it´s not in use. We used it at our test facility for the SmartBird lately and i can tell you if it shows offset too there´s something strange happening. Will take photos too of the readings, but I think it will be "debunked" because i´ll have to read it via computer.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I am a total newb at this so could some one please explain to me where the red (south) went in this image?
Because, I haven't seen it do this before, but like I said I am new to this study.

edit on 30-3-2011 by amarenell because: Forgot to finish post

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

It looped back to the north pole instead of streaming off into space. It happens whenever the Bz component takes on a strong north orientation.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Thanks for explaning

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join