Comet Elenin size, distance and scale explained.

page: 5
50
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker
 


So, since elenin is a one trick pony, perhaps it is the one prophesized to arrive as a warning for something bigger to come.




posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

Originally posted by heineken
what i meant with my previous post i mean come on..

- Shut down NAZA Buzz Room after some report of very close approach by Elenin

- Google Sky Black Box happens to be obscuring where the comet may lurk

- There is little or no info about Leonid Elenin the discoverer

- They mentioned a lot a 3600 year period for comet Elenin

- They held too long to release pictures when I believe they were in their hands long before

- They mentioned the TAIL a lot...i still cant figure out what tail a 4km comet can produce


- Leonid Elenin popping up on every public internet source, Facebook..etc...all showing different style of English

is it really our fault we got a bit suspicious after all??



No-one mentioned a 3,600 year orbital period except for idiots with poisoned minds. It's as few as 10,000, and as much as over half a million years.

Elenin is not in Orion, it's between Leo and Sextans, and, well, here's a small fact, Comet Hyakutake, a comet with a 2km-wide nucleus, created a tail over 500 million kilometers in length. 900,000, in Elenin's case, is nothing.

And, well, if you feel that Leonid is being duplicitous, you can always go to the very site he manages and talk to him.

Come back when you get your # straight.
edit on 18-4-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-4-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)


having such a long orbit..i really but really hope your intelligence can put you on Comet Elenin and go for a nice ride...hopefully we will not be here when you' will be back



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekr1111
 


tnks for the tip...i will be enjoying a nice cup of green tea with that thread


Edit to add : gave already my little contribution to the cause...i'm with ya bro
edit on 18-4-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon
 


Thank you! Because somehow I was under the impression that Elenin was twice the size of Jupiter and I was thinking of all the raving lunatics who actually thought that Elenin would collide with Earth and the Earth wouldn't be completely obliterated!

Comprehensive and compelling
S&F!



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
reply to post by roughycannon
 


Thank you! Because somehow I was under the impression that Elenin was twice the size of Jupiter and I was thinking of all the raving lunatics who actually thought that Elenin would collide with Earth and the Earth wouldn't be completely obliterated!

Comprehensive and compelling
S&F!


Thats probably with reference to the coma.

The coma gas fluoresces and the dust scatters sunlight. A typical coma is about 100,000 kilometres (62,000 miles) across.



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekr1111
 


The problem with weedwhacker is he makes assumptions.

No-one knows for sure how big 'elenin' is - hell most people dont even know what it is let alone how BIG it is...but along comes weedwhacker to assure us all its nothing...just a speck in the cosmos.


The fact that hasnt been addressed in ANY thread in ANY forum here is why major earthquakes occurred when 'elenin' was aligned with the Earth and the Sun. Is that just coincidence? I doubt it.



posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant
 


We know that Elenin is most likely between four and five km in size. This is the average size for comets. However, we have observed that Elenin's coma and tail are smaller than average, which may indicate that it is in fact smaller than 4 km. As for these so called alignments, there weren't any. Elenin is still millions of miles above the Earth and the Sun. Furthermore, if you look at the JPL model for the dates in question and try to draw a straight line from Elenin to Earth to the Sun you will find it is impossible. This indicates that even if space wasn't 3D and even if Elenin wasn't millions of miles above us there still wouldn't have been an alignment.



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
reply to post by truthseekr1111
 



No-one knows for sure how big 'elenin' is - hell most people dont even know what it is let alone how BIG it is...but along comes weedwhacker to assure us all its nothing...just a speck in the cosmos.


The fact that hasnt been addressed in ANY thread in ANY forum here is why major earthquakes occurred when 'elenin' was aligned with the Earth and the Sun. Is that just coincidence? I doubt it.





I agree.



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Nonchalant
 


Furthermore, if you look at the JPL model for the dates in question and try to draw a straight line from Elenin to Earth to the Sun you will find it is impossible. This indicates that even if space wasn't 3D and even if Elenin wasn't millions of miles above us there still wouldn't have been an alignment.


And this is where I have some doubt about alignment claims being responsible for the earthquakes. I agree with you - though the planets and 'comet' were aligned on the day of the quakes Ive not seen any proof yet they were perpendicular to each other. And I think the 'odds' of this being true are slim. Its still a bit unusual they were 'aligned' nonetheless.



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant
 


Isn't the biggest factor with this comet that NASA hasn't stated a size of it yet or it's composition so it could be made of heavier materials which has more of a weight effect.

All I keep asking is where does it say from a reputable source what the size of this comet is? Don't give me anything that has WIKI in it as that isn't a real source.



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by truthseekr1111
 


Huh?


Originally posted by weedwhacker
OK.....the SUN is always...ALWAYS about one AU from us. That is what defines an Astronomical Unit, our average orbital radius. Comet Elenin is....now, pay attention....FARTHER AWAY from us, than the SUN is. Now, recall....which one has a HUGE, GIGANTIC, BIGGER mass???.


Originally posted by truthseekr1111
Has NOTHING to do with the issue.

NOW.....look at it again. THIS thread, BTW.....is :
***Comet Elenin size, distance and scale explained.***
(GO BACK AND RE-READ THE OPENING POST!!!)
So.....tell us again, how the above quoted by ME has "NOTHING" to "do with the issue"??? :shk:

This shows WHY some people are so easily deluded by the kinds of people like Rob Balsamo. He, and his ilk spread lies and disinformation....(AND, this fools those who really don't know much about aviation) .....which is what's seen on THIS ISSUE, re: Comet Elenin.....and astronomy, astrophysics and, well....just COMMON SENSE!!!

"Has nothing to do with the issue"????
Pay attention:


the only one not paying attention is YOU... the ISSUE INCLUDES what I've been talking about in my REPLY to the OP and what you chose to RESPOND TO ... So stop trying to DEFLECT and DIVERT the ISSUE which has to do with EVIDENCE that a unique ALIGNMENT of Elenin sun appear to be responsible for
causing 3 MAJOR GREAT QUAKES that occurred. The evidence shows a PATTERN thats IRREFUTABLE and anyone who denies there's a pattern is either in DENIAL or spreading THE REAL DISINFO... and since you've been a known peddler of disinfo who NEVER QUESTIONS the GOVERNMENT and nearly ever post you've ever made SUPPORTS the government and ATTACKS anyone legitimately QUESTIONING OBVIOUS FLAWS or contradictions to OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT CLAIMS, its beyond obvious to anyone with a brain who's examined all the content of your postings, that you are nothing but a PSEUDO-SKEPTIC with a hidden agenda.

Now address the ISSUE i and others have raised that relate to ELENIN in respect to it having an apparent effect on earth changes like SEISMIC events that have occurred during a specific alignment which suggests its Larger than initial calculations which astronomers have even said its size cannot yet be confirmed!


Originally posted by weedwhacker
It is sad to see so many remain ignorant and superstitious, and exhibit their gullibility.... swallowing every silly "claim" written on the Internet.


Which is exactly what a DISINFO AGENT or someone IGNORANT and in DENIAL of the facts and evidence proving otherwise, would say.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
Just to recall: My example using the SUN, and its distance and mass, compared to the Comet Elenin, and ITS distance and mass, is in direct response to the ridiculous claims you repeated (among others) of some so-called "alignment" of Elenin "causing" earthquakes!!!


The UNIQUE Alignments and UNIQUE quakes that occurred around and during such perfect alignments, is irrefutable if not compelling EVIDENCE based on a UNIQUE and REAL PATTERN thats happened which PROVES your assertion there was NO ALIGNMENT to be false if not a LIE.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
Absolutely idiotic rubbish....it is astonishing that someone of normal intelligence would read that somewhere online, and fall for it so readily....and not THINK it through logically.


the only RUBBISH is being spewed by those like YOU who DENY IRREFUTABLE FACTS AND EVIDENCE supporting an argument. Only someone of ABNORMAL intelligence would DENY there's ANY evidence supporting the hypothesis/theory and resort to AD HOMS and person attacks (a typical TACTIC you use) as a method to debunk arguments instead of using logic, facts and evidence to support your arguments and claims something is rubbish.

Your disinfo tactics and inability to use critical thinking skills, are beyond obvious to anyone with an ounce of intelligence.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
So, just to nail how EXACTLY my example ("thought experiment")...an exercise in logical, critical thinking is relevant:

ANY claims that Elenin can "cause" earthquakes are shown to be nonsense, when you understand that its mass is woefully insufficient, in comparison to the Sun...(And, well...the Moon too, by the way..) and especially considering its distance.
Is this so difficult to comprehend????


The only one that clearly has comprehension problems about the argument i've presented is YOU since no where have i said that ELENIN is causing earthquakes as you're claiming and incorrectly interpreting. Just because you lack the intellectual ability to understand the issue and argument, isn't my fault.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
"Comet Hysteria" is not a new phenomenon. It is borne out of abject ignorance, irrational fear, and superstition:


My concern along with HUNDREDS of others if not thousands of others and soon to be MILLIONS of others, has nothing to do with comet hysteria or SUPERSTITION!... it has to do with both 2 psychics whose predictions were validated AND a unique alignment that occurred which demonstrates a pattern and real possibility that THIS hypothesis has merit based upon scientific theories about celestial bodies magnetic fields affecting EARTHS tectonic plates which in this case occurred during or around a unique alignment of ELENIN 3 F#%cking times!

WE AREN'T IN THE EFFIN DARK AGES PAL! WE HAVE SCIENTIFIC TOOLS to MEASURE and SEE and collect DATA or EVIDENCE now... That alone destroys your ridiculous "comet hysteria" Rubbish.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
THIS was written back in 1996....not only was a comet "approaching" then (comet Hyakutake in 1996, followed by Hale-Bopp in 1997) but the silliness about the approaching "End of the Millennium" was spooling up, and making people act like morons.

*The comet of 79 was blamed for the eruption of Vesuvius that led to the destruction of the cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
*Halley's Comet of 1066 was hanging in the sky for two months while the English and Normans were planning for an invasion. At the Battle of Hastings a few months later the Normans emerged as victors and from that time on the comet was said to have been a sign that favored William the Conqueror.

*The comet of 1665 was said to have been responsible for the Black Plague that killed 90 thousand people in London.

*The appearance of Halley's Comet in 1835 was blamed for several things, including the fall of the Alamo, the destruction of 530 buildings in New York City because of a fire that raged for several days and nights, the massacre of over 280 people in Africa by ten thousand Zulu warriors, and wars that erupted in Cuba, Mexico, Equador, Central America, Peru, Argentina, and Bolivia.

These stories are basically examples of hindsight, or links that were made by modern people to explain things in the past.....

2000 years ago, 500 years ago, maybe even can accept 100 years ago......science knowledge was terrible, and lacking. There is NO EXCUSE for such ignorance, today!!!!! Not with the easily available resources at one's disposal.
Another bit from the essay, linked above. (SEE if any of this sounds "famliar"....):


The "Doomsday Comet" of 1996

Beginning in 1996 minor forms of comet hysteria reared their ugly head for the first time since 1910. With the discovery of comet Hyakutake and the realization that it would pass close to Earth, some supermarket tabloids reported the comet was actually going to hit Earth--totally ignoring the predictions of astronomers. The due date came and went without a hitch and there was no further discussion.

Interestingly, one supermarket tabloid, the Weekly World News, published an article on 1996 February 13 that stated the Hubble Space Telescope had found a "doomsday comet." The article said "the famed astronomer Dr. Robert Cremson" had found the comet while examining Hubble images. He said it was the size of Europe and would hit Earth on April 7. First of all, although comets have been photographed by Hubble, no comet has ever been discovered by Hubble. Second, no one by the name of "Robert Cremson" appears in any of the records indicating use of the Hubble Space Telescope.....


How will all of you "fear mongers" and "doomsday beleivers" feel this time, next year?? When NOTHING happens (except a nice view, once-in-a-lifetime in this case....this comet won't be coming back).

Will any of those ridiculous claims be retracted? Will any who made them learn their lessons?

(I highly doubt it, based on historical precedents.......).



AND NOTHING you've said above has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with the evidence or data supporting this hypothesis/argument in THIS CASE.

Only a disinfo agent, moron, or someone in complete denial and ignorance having a problem comprehending the argument and issue, would attempt to compare other irrelevant cases like ALL the ones above you give, while at the same time failing to present any argument against the actual EVIDENCE and ACTUAL argument claimed to be RUBBISH.

Please show any evidence whatsoever that HALE BOP was in a similar path or alignment that ELENIN is/has been on.
edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekr1111

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by truthseekr1111
 


Huh?


Originally posted by weedwhacker
OK.....the SUN is always...ALWAYS about one AU from us. That is what defines an Astronomical Unit, our average orbital radius. Comet Elenin is....now, pay attention....FARTHER AWAY from us, than the SUN is. Now, recall....which one has a HUGE, GIGANTIC, BIGGER mass???.


Originally posted by truthseekr1111
Has NOTHING to do with the issue.

NOW.....look at it again. THIS thread, BTW.....is :
***Comet Elenin size, distance and scale explained.***
(GO BACK AND RE-READ THE OPENING POST!!!)
So.....tell us again, how the above quoted by ME has "NOTHING" to "do with the issue"??? :shk:

This shows WHY some people are so easily deluded by the kinds of people like Rob Balsamo. He, and his ilk spread lies and disinformation....(AND, this fools those who really don't know much about aviation) .....which is what's seen on THIS ISSUE, re: Comet Elenin.....and astronomy, astrophysics and, well....just COMMON SENSE!!!

"Has nothing to do with the issue"????
Pay attention:


the only one not paying attention is YOU... the ISSUE INCLUDES what I've been talking about in my REPLY to the OP and what you chose to RESPOND TO ... So stop trying to DEFLECT and DIVERT the ISSUE which has to do with EVIDENCE that a unique ALIGNMENT of Elenin sun appear to be responsible for
causing 3 MAJOR GREAT QUAKES that occurred. The evidence shows a PATTERN thats IRREFUTABLE and anyone who denies there's a pattern is either in DENIAL or spreading THE REAL DISINFO... and since you've been a known peddler of disinfo who NEVER QUESTIONS the GOVERNMENT and nearly ever post you've ever made SUPPORTS the government and ATTACKS anyone legitimately QUESTIONING OBVIOUS FLAWS or contradictions to OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT CLAIMS, its beyond obvious to anyone with a brain who's examined all the content of your postings, that you are nothing but a PSEUDO-SKEPTIC with a hidden agenda.

Now address the ISSUE i and others have raised that relate to ELENIN in respect to it having an apparent effect on earth changes like SEISMIC events that have occurred during a specific alignment which suggests its Larger than initial calculations which astronomers have even said its size cannot yet be confirmed!


Originally posted by weedwhacker
It is sad to see so many remain ignorant and superstitious, and exhibit their gullibility.... swallowing every silly "claim" written on the Internet.


Which is exactly what a DISINFO AGENT or someone IGNORANT and in DENIAL of the facts and evidence proving otherwise, would say.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
Just to recall: My example using the SUN, and its distance and mass, compared to the Comet Elenin, and ITS distance and mass, is in direct response to the ridiculous claims you repeated (among others) of some so-called "alignment" of Elenin "causing" earthquakes!!!


The UNIQUE Alignments and UNIQUE quakes that occurred around and during such perfect alignments, is irrefutable if not compelling EVIDENCE based on a UNIQUE and REAL PATTERN thats happened which PROVES your assertion there was NO ALIGNMENT to be false if not a LIE.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
Absolutely idiotic rubbish....it is astonishing that someone of normal intelligence would read that somewhere online, and fall for it so readily....and not THINK it through logically.


the only RUBBISH is being spewed by those like YOU who DENY IRREFUTABLE FACTS AND EVIDENCE supporting an argument. Only someone of ABNORMAL intelligence would DENY there's ANY evidence supporting the hypothesis/theory and resort to AD HOMS and person attacks (a typical TACTIC you use) as a method to debunk arguments instead of using logic, facts and evidence to support your arguments and claims something is rubbish.

Your disinfo tactics and inability to use critical thinking skills, are beyond obvious to anyone with an ounce of intelligence.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
So, just to nail how EXACTLY my example ("thought experiment")...an exercise in logical, critical thinking is relevant:

ANY claims that Elenin can "cause" earthquakes are shown to be nonsense, when you understand that its mass is woefully insufficient, in comparison to the Sun...(And, well...the Moon too, by the way..) and especially considering its distance.
Is this so difficult to comprehend????


The only one that clearly has comprehension problems about the argument i've presented is YOU since no where have i said that ELENIN is causing earthquakes as you're claiming and incorrectly interpreting. Just because you lack the intellectual ability to understand the issue and argument, isn't my fault.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
"Comet Hysteria" is not a new phenomenon. It is borne out of abject ignorance, irrational fear, and superstition:


My concern along with HUNDREDS of others if not thousands of others and soon to be MILLIONS of others, has nothing to do with comet hysteria or SUPERSTITION!... it has to do with both 2 psychics whose predictions were validated AND a unique alignment that occurred which demonstrates a pattern and real possibility that THIS hypothesis has merit based upon scientific theories about celestial bodies magnetic fields affecting EARTHS tectonic plates which in this case occurred during or around a unique alignment of ELENIN 3 F#%cking times!

WE AREN'T IN THE EFFIN DARK AGES PAL! WE HAVE SCIENTIFIC TOOLS to MEASURE and SEE and collect DATA or EVIDENCE now... That alone destroys your ridiculous "comet hysteria" Rubbish.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
THIS was written back in 1996....not only was a comet "approaching" then (comet Hyakutake in 1996, followed by Hale-Bopp in 1997) but the silliness about the approaching "End of the Millennium" was spooling up, and making people act like morons.

*The comet of 79 was blamed for the eruption of Vesuvius that led to the destruction of the cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
*Halley's Comet of 1066 was hanging in the sky for two months while the English and Normans were planning for an invasion. At the Battle of Hastings a few months later the Normans emerged as victors and from that time on the comet was said to have been a sign that favored William the Conqueror.

*The comet of 1665 was said to have been responsible for the Black Plague that killed 90 thousand people in London.

*The appearance of Halley's Comet in 1835 was blamed for several things, including the fall of the Alamo, the destruction of 530 buildings in New York City because of a fire that raged for several days and nights, the massacre of over 280 people in Africa by ten thousand Zulu warriors, and wars that erupted in Cuba, Mexico, Equador, Central America, Peru, Argentina, and Bolivia.

These stories are basically examples of hindsight, or links that were made by modern people to explain things in the past.....

2000 years ago, 500 years ago, maybe even can accept 100 years ago......science knowledge was terrible, and lacking. There is NO EXCUSE for such ignorance, today!!!!! Not with the easily available resources at one's disposal.
Another bit from the essay, linked above. (SEE if any of this sounds "famliar"....):


The "Doomsday Comet" of 1996

Beginning in 1996 minor forms of comet hysteria reared their ugly head for the first time since 1910. With the discovery of comet Hyakutake and the realization that it would pass close to Earth, some supermarket tabloids reported the comet was actually going to hit Earth--totally ignoring the predictions of astronomers. The due date came and went without a hitch and there was no further discussion.

Interestingly, one supermarket tabloid, the Weekly World News, published an article on 1996 February 13 that stated the Hubble Space Telescope had found a "doomsday comet." The article said "the famed astronomer Dr. Robert Cremson" had found the comet while examining Hubble images. He said it was the size of Europe and would hit Earth on April 7. First of all, although comets have been photographed by Hubble, no comet has ever been discovered by Hubble. Second, no one by the name of "Robert Cremson" appears in any of the records indicating use of the Hubble Space Telescope.....


How will all of you "fear mongers" and "doomsday beleivers" feel this time, next year?? When NOTHING happens (except a nice view, once-in-a-lifetime in this case....this comet won't be coming back).

Will any of those ridiculous claims be retracted? Will any who made them learn their lessons?

(I highly doubt it, based on historical precedents.......).



AND NOTHING you've said above has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with the evidence or data supporting this hypothesis/argument in THIS CASE.

Only a disinfo agent, moron, or someone in complete denial and ignorance having a problem comprehending the argument and issue, would attempt to compare other irrelevant cases like ALL the ones above you give, while at the same time failing to present any argument against the actual EVIDENCE and ACTUAL argument claimed to be RUBBISH.

Please show any evidence whatsoever that HALE BOP was in a similar path or alignment that ELENIN is/has been on.
edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)


You accuse him of not using critical thinking, yet all you can do is ignore those who oppose you and jabber on endlessly about alignments and 'psychics' who have not been seen after they got # wrong,

Classy.

Tell you what, here's my prediction- the Chicago Cubs will lose the World Series. Call me a psychic too, if that happens, 'kay?
edit on 20-4-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Nonchalant
 


We know that Elenin is most likely between four and five km in size. This is the average size for comets.


which proves nothing about the effect or influence it could have in certain alignments of the Sun and Earth that have already shown/produced a PATTERN that suggests there could be a real connection to having caused the seismic havoc in 3 consecutive GREAT QUAKES of significance.


Originally posted by Xcalibur254
However, we have observed that Elenin's coma and tail are smaller than average, which may indicate that it is in fact smaller than 4 km. As for these so called alignments, there weren't any.


Except there's evidence and facts supported by JPL's own orbit model, proving otherwise.


Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Elenin is still millions of miles above the Earth and the Sun. Furthermore, if you look at the JPL model for the dates in question and try to draw a straight line from Elenin to Earth to the Sun you will find it is impossible. This indicates that even if space wasn't 3D and even if Elenin wasn't millions of miles above us there still wouldn't have been an alignment.


Its a FACT that the JPL model shows a unique and near perfect Sun/Earth Alignment on or around the DATES in question and on or around these UNIQUE alignments, a PATTERN resulted with 3 UNIQUE GREAT QUAKES occurring which INDICATES your entire argument is rubbish, worthless if not borderline disinfo imo.



posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

Originally posted by truthseekr1111

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by truthseekr1111
 


Huh?


Originally posted by weedwhacker
OK.....the SUN is always...ALWAYS about one AU from us. That is what defines an Astronomical Unit, our average orbital radius. Comet Elenin is....now, pay attention....FARTHER AWAY from us, than the SUN is. Now, recall....which one has a HUGE, GIGANTIC, BIGGER mass???.


Originally posted by truthseekr1111
Has NOTHING to do with the issue.

NOW.....look at it again. THIS thread, BTW.....is :
***Comet Elenin size, distance and scale explained.***
(GO BACK AND RE-READ THE OPENING POST!!!)
So.....tell us again, how the above quoted by ME has "NOTHING" to "do with the issue"??? :shk:

This shows WHY some people are so easily deluded by the kinds of people like Rob Balsamo. He, and his ilk spread lies and disinformation....(AND, this fools those who really don't know much about aviation) .....which is what's seen on THIS ISSUE, re: Comet Elenin.....and astronomy, astrophysics and, well....just COMMON SENSE!!!

"Has nothing to do with the issue"????
Pay attention:


the only one not paying attention is YOU... the ISSUE INCLUDES what I've been talking about in my REPLY to the OP and what you chose to RESPOND TO ... So stop trying to DEFLECT and DIVERT the ISSUE which has to do with EVIDENCE that a unique ALIGNMENT of Elenin sun appear to be responsible for
causing 3 MAJOR GREAT QUAKES that occurred. The evidence shows a PATTERN thats IRREFUTABLE and anyone who denies there's a pattern is either in DENIAL or spreading THE REAL DISINFO... and since you've been a known peddler of disinfo who NEVER QUESTIONS the GOVERNMENT and nearly ever post you've ever made SUPPORTS the government and ATTACKS anyone legitimately QUESTIONING OBVIOUS FLAWS or contradictions to OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT CLAIMS, its beyond obvious to anyone with a brain who's examined all the content of your postings, that you are nothing but a PSEUDO-SKEPTIC with a hidden agenda.

Now address the ISSUE i and others have raised that relate to ELENIN in respect to it having an apparent effect on earth changes like SEISMIC events that have occurred during a specific alignment which suggests its Larger than initial calculations which astronomers have even said its size cannot yet be confirmed!


Originally posted by weedwhacker
It is sad to see so many remain ignorant and superstitious, and exhibit their gullibility.... swallowing every silly "claim" written on the Internet.


Which is exactly what a DISINFO AGENT or someone IGNORANT and in DENIAL of the facts and evidence proving otherwise, would say.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
Just to recall: My example using the SUN, and its distance and mass, compared to the Comet Elenin, and ITS distance and mass, is in direct response to the ridiculous claims you repeated (among others) of some so-called "alignment" of Elenin "causing" earthquakes!!!


The UNIQUE Alignments and UNIQUE quakes that occurred around and during such perfect alignments, is irrefutable if not compelling EVIDENCE based on a UNIQUE and REAL PATTERN thats happened which PROVES your assertion there was NO ALIGNMENT to be false if not a LIE.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
Absolutely idiotic rubbish....it is astonishing that someone of normal intelligence would read that somewhere online, and fall for it so readily....and not THINK it through logically.


the only RUBBISH is being spewed by those like YOU who DENY IRREFUTABLE FACTS AND EVIDENCE supporting an argument. Only someone of ABNORMAL intelligence would DENY there's ANY evidence supporting the hypothesis/theory and resort to AD HOMS and person attacks (a typical TACTIC you use) as a method to debunk arguments instead of using logic, facts and evidence to support your arguments and claims something is rubbish.

Your disinfo tactics and inability to use critical thinking skills, are beyond obvious to anyone with an ounce of intelligence.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
So, just to nail how EXACTLY my example ("thought experiment")...an exercise in logical, critical thinking is relevant:

ANY claims that Elenin can "cause" earthquakes are shown to be nonsense, when you understand that its mass is woefully insufficient, in comparison to the Sun...(And, well...the Moon too, by the way..) and especially considering its distance.
Is this so difficult to comprehend????


The only one that clearly has comprehension problems about the argument i've presented is YOU since no where have i said that ELENIN is causing earthquakes as you're claiming and incorrectly interpreting. Just because you lack the intellectual ability to understand the issue and argument, isn't my fault.


Originally posted by weedwhacker
"Comet Hysteria" is not a new phenomenon. It is borne out of abject ignorance, irrational fear, and superstition:


My concern along with HUNDREDS of others if not thousands of others and soon to be MILLIONS of others, has nothing to do with comet hysteria or SUPERSTITION!... it has to do with both 2 psychics whose predictions were validated AND a unique alignment that occurred which demonstrates a pattern and real possibility that THIS hypothesis has merit based upon scientific theories about celestial bodies magnetic fields affecting EARTHS tectonic plates which in this case occurred during or around a unique alignment of ELENIN 3 F#%cking times!

WE AREN'T IN THE EFFIN DARK AGES PAL! WE HAVE SCIENTIFIC TOOLS to MEASURE and SEE and collect DATA or EVIDENCE now... That alone destroys your ridiculous "comet hysteria" Rubbish.

Originally posted by weedwhacker


AND NOTHING you've said above has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with the evidence or data supporting this hypothesis/argument in THIS CASE.

Only a disinfo agent, moron, or someone in complete denial and ignorance having a problem comprehending the argument and issue, would attempt to compare other irrelevant cases like ALL the ones above you give, while at the same time failing to present any argument against the actual EVIDENCE and ACTUAL argument claimed to be RUBBISH.

Please show any evidence whatsoever that HALE BOP was in a similar path or alignment that ELENIN is/has been on.
edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-4-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)


You accuse him of not using critical thinking, yet all you can do is ignore those who oppose you and jabber on endlessly about alignments and 'psychics' who have not been seen after they got # wrong,


The difference is, I've supported my argument with evidence and facts that you or HE has yet to address, debunk or counter. So far all you've continued is your denial and evasions and think you've proven or disproven and debunked anything.

If anyones not using critical thinking its both of you two.


Originally posted by NyxOne
Classy.


Isn't it funny how the only posts you and Weedywack have ever posted on ATS are almost entirely filled with nothing but ad homs, diversionary disinfo tactics, evasions, acceptance of government info and attacks upon anyone questioning the OFFICIAL STORIES from the government.

GEE, what a coincidink eh??

i wonder why this is....

and even more bizarre comical and convenient is how you suck up to and agree with him after he's responded with anything but a CLASSY reply, yet call into question my integrity???


and thats beside the fact that neither one of you has yet presented any intelligent counter-argument showing exactly how and where line by line what i've claimed, is false.

Yeah, its so CLASSY for one denier and ad-hom slinger, to praise another of the same ilk.

talk about Pot calling the kettle black with a mix of incredible irony and hypocrisy
its just 2 funny
edit on 21-4-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekr1111

Its a FACT that the JPL model shows a unique and near perfect Sun/Earth Alignment on or around the DATES in question and on or around these UNIQUE alignments, a PATTERN resulted with 3 UNIQUE GREAT QUAKES occurring which INDICATES your entire argument is rubbish, worthless if not borderline disinfo imo.


I've posted this before, but here goes again:

At 06:34:14 UTC on February 27, 2010, the time of the 8.8 Chile earthquake, the Earth and Elenin were separated by about 1° 04' 07" viewed from the sun. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the Earth at only 0° 25' 21" of separation, at 05:20 UTC on February 26. 2010, or 1 day, 6 hours, and 14 minutes earlier.

Then there were 11 more earthquakes of 7.0 or higher.

At 16:35:46 UTC on September 03, 2010, the time of the 7.0 Christchurch earthquake, the Sun and Elenin were separated by about 1° 16' 38" viewed from Earth. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the sun at only 0° 30' 22" at 04:35 UTC on September 05, 2010, or 1 day, 11 hours, and 59 minutes later.

Then there were 9 more earthquakes of 7.0 or higher.

At 05:46:23 UTC on March 11, 2011, the time of the 9.0 Japan earthquake, the Earth and Elenin were separated by about 3° 00' 00" viewed from the sun. Elenin was actually most closely aligned with the Earth at at only 0° 54' 21" at 13:00 UTC on March 14, 2011, or 3 day, 7 hours, and 14 minutes later.

So there were no perfect alignments. If you're giving plus or minus over 3 days of "wiggle room," there's a good chance you can get any event to line up with a 7.0+ Earthquake somewhere.



posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You know that Planet X Movie coming out in May called "Melancholia"...Wouldn't it be wild if the kid's name in the movie was "Leo"? ...Oh wait, it is... Check it out for yourself. What do you think of this? A "Leo" discovers the killer asteroid in the movie Deep Impact. Another Leo discovers comet Elenin. There is a kid named Leo in this new planet X movie. Comet Elenin is also known as "X1". Comet Elenin will be approaching us from the constellation Leo. The Sphinx which has the body of a Lion (Leo) stares off into the night sky waiting for something to return....

From Graham Hancock: -"we have demonstrated with a substantial body of evidence that the pattern of stars that is "frozen" on the ground at Giza in the form of the three pyramids and the Sphinx represents the disposition of the constellations of Orion and Leo as they looked at the moment of sunrise on the spring equinox during the astronomical "Age of Leo" (i.e., the epoch in which the Sun was "housed" by Leo on the spring equinox.) Like all precessional ages this was a 2,160-year period. It is generally calculated to have fallen between the Gregorian calendar dates of 10,970 and 8810 BC. (op. cit., p.189)"

Ok follow me here.... The comet Elenin is supposed to have an orbital period of 11,830 years. (According to Wikipedia). That would put its last appearance on earth roughly in the vicinity of time when the Sphinx was said to have been built. Of course we can't be sure of the exact date of either, but they are close.

A lot to think about.... One more coincedence... The release date for the movie Melancholia is May 26th. "Comet" Elenin will be closest to earth on September 26th.



posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hereitcomesskippy
 


Wow you spammed a bunch of threads with this same post of irrelevant stuff.



posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist
 


It's a coded message, highly relevant and I wanted a lot of people to see it.



posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hereitcomesskippy
 


So you are spamming threads and your excuse for being a spammer is that the spam is coded?
Not very interesting reason for being a spammer do you think?



posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hereitcomesskippy
reply to post by stereologist
 


It's a coded message, highly relevant and I wanted a lot of people to see it.


I'll use the same logic, applied to another comet that. for a time, got a fair bit of buzz from the conspiracy crowd.

Comet JARNAC. "Jesus Arrives, Really! Nibiru, A Comet!"

Roughly.

And I can interpret Elenin in a variety of ways.

Here's one. Each Leprechaun Emulates Nine Inch Nails.

My god, diminutive mischievous fairies who worship Trent Reznor are going to kill us all! Hide, we must!





new topics
top topics
 
50
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join