It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Another 6.4M near Fukushima, NSA Admits Containment Mechanism May Be Breached

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
China's Xinhuanet reports that yet another 6.4M hit near Fukushima late Tuesday, and the Nuclear Safety Agency says the reactor's containment mechanism may have been breached. [2011-03-30 10:29:34]

The Western mainstream media is not reporting anything on this new quake; none of the "live" quake reports sites list it yet.

...another strong tremor, at a magnitude of 6.4, struck off the coast of Fukushima late Tuesday. ...

Five concentrations of highly toxic plutonium are the latest contaminant found seeping into the soil outside the plant.

The Nuclear Safety Agency says ...the discovery could mean the reactor's containment mechanism has been breached.

Japan's Prime Minister, Naoto Kan, says the country is making maximum efforts to bring the crisis under control.

edit on 30/3/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/3/11 by soficrow because: add date

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I was just about to hit the bed for some very needed sleep.

Not happening anytime soon now.

S + F

Please oh please we need a break from the bad news coming out of Japan.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I heard Fox report on this earlier this evening.........but they didnt expand on it....

Whether they had all the info or not, it was just breaking..........

I havent heard it anywhere else so far

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

It just get's worse eh? I'm just in awe how all of this has played out.
2nd

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
These poor folks just can't get a break!
Will watch and see what other horrors emerge.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Eep. Something tells me that it isn't the last of it. I wish my brother would come home, he's in the South West (Aichi Prefecture) which is reportedly quite safe however, my and my families minds would be at more ease to see him back on Australian soil.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Fukushima has experienced countless quakes since March 11; many have been over 6.M; several have been extremely shallow, around 1-2K deep, and several of those have been almost right at the site (37N by 140E).

The March 11 quake damaged the reactors - they were already compromised before the aftershocks started. The (almost entirely predictable) continuing assault can only be making the situation much, much worse.

Radioactive dust is already spreading round the world - and the danger for everyone outside of Japan is NOT acute radiation poisoning. The real threat results from the radioactive settling into our water and onto our soils - and from us and our children ingesting contaminated water and food, slowly, over a long period of time.

It's true that the Japanese people are most at risk, but let us not forget that the entire world is being contaminated too.

Ra diation particles in food are a slow-release health threat

The Canadian Pediatric Society notes that the unborn fetus, particularly during the first three months of pregnancy, is more susceptible to harmful influences such as street drugs, excess alcohol, maternal illness – and radiation.

...our standard hygiene advice for avoiding infections does not apply to radiation. No amount of hand washing, coughing into your sleeve, antiseptic gels or cloth isolation gowns will help. For the most part, you can't hide from radiation released into the environment – especially if you're bathing in radioactive water.

And what happens when authorities discover radiation in ocean fish that have been bathed by a cloud of radioactive particles? For a society that eats raw fish and gave the world sushi, this will be a food resource challenge.

Perhaps eventually there will be a new level of product warning, first in Japan and then elsewhere. Instead of the usual labels such as “no sugar added” or “caffeine-free,” food chains may have to add “radiation-free” or “no fission products added.”

In any case, there is a slow-release international health challenge on the horizon. Ten years will need to pass before we can gauge its full extent.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by America?

Me two. I just wish they'd start telling the truth.

It's like with the "financial crisis" - the people at the bottom of the pyramid get suckered; they're the last to find out the truth and by then, it's too late to fix.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I wounder what this means for the radiation coming our way??

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
well sad to say it is not bS earthquake.usgs.gov... from the link Magnitude 6.0 - OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
2011 March 30 05:29:55 UTC and as far as the breach that to me happened when they blew, to see that much damage and say the containment held is well, just unbelievable to say the lest.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Yup everytime I see a news article about how radiation is found somewhere it is always followed by, but it is not detrimental to your health or something of the sort and I just can't believe what i'm reading. Obviously no radiation is good for you and the outright lies. It's gettin old fast.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

as far as the breach that to me happened when they blew, to see that much damage and say the containment held is well, just unbelievable to say the lest.

I agree. But it's taken ...what? 3 weeks? ..to get an admission from the Nuclear Safety Agency that maybe containment was breached - and nobody's reporting it except China !!!

I am SO tired of being manipulated and herded! We elect these people and pay them to serve us. I'm thinking they better start serving.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

i agree but what can you do when they fail ? the old argument "you can vote" is getting old and worn out , epically when you vote new in and they are just as bad if not worse than the one(s) you voted out, now back to japan i do not know what they can do at this point , depending on what you read it is beyond any hope of stopping a melt down, there is still hope of preventing it or there is nothing to stop it is still intact, some of the news is pulled before you can read it, or it happens so fast they can not keep up with it, or the truth is covered up. i had one thought why not just dig a trench from the sea to the plant and let the water cool it down, it is already been flooded, sea water has been poured on it/them, 1-4, no word on 5-6?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
if any one still cares here is the latest on the reactors news.yahoo.com...
from the link Japan mulls reactor covers in nuclear crisis
AFP

Japan mulls reactor covers in nuclear crisis AFP/Nuclear and Industrial Safety/ Jiji Press – Engineers check facilities at the central control room of the Fukushima nuclear power plant at Okuma …

* National Forecast Play Video Weather Forecast Video:National Forecast weather.com

by Shingo Ito Shingo Ito – 50 mins ago

SENDAI, Japan (AFP) – Japan was Wednesday considering plans to drape shattered nuclear reactor buildings with special covers to limit radiation, and pump contaminated water into a tanker.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Has any citizen's group ever sued a politician for breach of contract? Just wondering.

...Population control is rationalized as compassionate, and based on the assumption that people cannot handle the truth - so everyone is spoonfed pap. If the truth comes out, the release tends to be very slow and only occurs after new lies replace the old lies. But a lot of good people support the bad process based on the mistaken assumption. ...In my observation and experience, adults and children simply do not process information they are not equipped to handle. Granted, people at different developmental levels cope with varying degrees of functionality, health and ability - but they DO work it through eventually, if allowed the opportunity.

.....Sorry - it's waayyy past my bedtime. Gotta go, be back tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thanks bekod. Great link. I noticed that the focus was on cooling the rods, and NO mention was made of the soil contamination resulting from breached containment. A PR-driven oversight I assume.

The article did quote Lahey as saying a meltdown was already happening...

Certainly a nightmare for Japan - they can't evacuate the nation, never could. Seems fairly clear they've been trying to do the impossible, with full awareness, because they didn't see any other options. (Or much hope.)

...Also of note - haven't seen PM Harper retract his March 16 statement that there was "no need" to evacuate Canadians from Japan...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by America?

and we have along way to go all those people we have beeped our horns at or cursed under our breath for taking too long in a line, all the people we dont even give a second look at could be the ones to pull you to safety or vise versa, life is about curve balls as soon as you think you have a grip on it and you know whats goin to happen every thing changes and we all stand there like dear in the headlights so to speak.

Its not only important to prepare physically but also mentally, allot including myself are wanting the world to change because of the horrible system we have built for ourselves, but really do we know whats in store? If you want these things to happen just cause you dont like your job and are tired of living with little money then you are not thinking this through, because when things get seriously bad, there will be no sleep not relaxing on your couch watching your shows and playing games, comfort as you know it will no longer exist, and you will be wishing for that low paying job you have grown to hate to come back.

Order out of chaos, is exactly what that means, in order to correct the world we live in to become more enjoyable to live will take great destruction and turmoil yet it will not be most of us that will get to see the out come for those who survive will pave the way for the future dwellers of the planet if we get to stay here and we must inform of the greats times of deceit we lived in, in order not to have it repeat, this is our calling and all we need to do it prepare mental for the worst.

good luck all.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
the title of your link posted is now saying..

New 6.4M quake strick coast of Fukushima, no damage reported

was it changed to No Damage Reported..because else i think that the title might be somehow misleading
dont get me wrong ..im not saying that there is no damage in the plant..but not because of this quake i think

they got strick instead of struck in the title...im not the only one
in english i can see

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Old news I mention=ed that last week that it was breached. Believe what you want they should have been back filling that thing last week...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

The breach might be old news here but the public admission is new (if qualified).

...Means they're close to quitting I suspect. Even though the Nuclear Industry is still in full-out damage control mode - and positioning to blame "the terrorists" for radioactive fallout in North America.
[Not.]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join