It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA probe returns first-ever orbiter photo of Mercury

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LikeDuhObviously
Why you all are impressed by any non-smooth imperfection on the surface is beyond me.

I had something I wanted to say to this, but on second thought, never mind... *sigh*
I suppose that for some of you, I'll always be the guy who found the Flash Gordon rocket sticking up from the dust of Mercury.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Is it really that expensive to attach a color camera to this billion dollar orbiter? I have a few old camera phones I could give them for the next one they build.
Either way good post s + f
Deebo

No, the real reason behind it is that it would take very long to transfer it in colour. Give me all those stars you got for that :lol

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

X-ray data from NASA's MESSENGER probe points to high levels of magnesium and sulfur on the surface of the planet Mercury, suggesting its makeup is far different from that of other planets, scientists say. The unmanned orbiter has been beaming back data from the first planet for a year and a half. Readings from its X-ray spectrometer point to a planet whose northern volcanic plains formed through upwellings of rocks more exotic than those often found on the Earth, the Moon or Mars, said Shoshana Weider, a researcher at the Carnegie Institution of Washington.

source

maybe something a little more than slightly better pics

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join