It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Getting Hotter Scientists Ignore This Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I believe this is an issue which has never been spoken of in all these debates about climate change..that the sun is getting hotter. If what I am saying is true it means that 50% of the arguements on either side are false. My evidence to this phenomenon is 2 thronged. 1. I have noticed a difference in summer rays being more burning than previous years and 2. On a spiritual Biblical evidence Revelations does write that the sun will get hotter in the last days.
Why havent we ever seen any data regarding actual sun temperature output. They monitor solar flares and sun spots but never talk about the actual output. If this is true what I am saying and can be provan maybe we dont have to go totally broke with climate change measures and spread out a more even handed approach to climate change

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

They aren't hiding anything. It's a natural cycle though.. Not a sign of the end times. It's all happened before.. things change. We live in a dynamic universe, orbit a dynamic star and inhabit a dynamic planet.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I have to agree that the sun seems much stronger than when I was a kid, but I ve never really researched it

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shroudnews77

Which scientists are ignoring the output of the Sun affecting climate? Please post a link or a name.

I have been interested in solar output for at least a decade and I know that there is an enormous amount of sensory machinery pointed at the Sun. There has been for years.

edit on 29/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

hey if the sun is hotter does that mean that there cannot be an ice age or climate getting colder???

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I cant see an ice age coming. By scientists ignoring the hotter sun theory I meant have never heard a scientist talk about the sun getting hotter can anyone show me any data. Pollution has increased yes but if the NWO has to emerge it can only come by making all of us suffer financially. The poorer we become the easier it is to manipulate us. Why have they never spoken about a hotter sun ? Because it would damage their theory of climate change solutions which has started to make them richer already. This year we now see in most countries the increase in electricity fees.
edit on 29-3-2011 by shroudnews77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You can;t see an ice age coming?? WHAT????!!! what happened. I mean to me this has been one of the longest winters. I mean I don;t wanna be off topic but I would love to get into this with you. I canlt see a winter coming where have you been living???

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well, the sun getting hotter means more melting of the ice caps (which humanity has been told about repeatedly, regardless of whats causing it.) The more precipitation in the air, the more snow/rain that falls. If this shuts down the natural currents of the earth and how it cycles the hot/cool water around the globe. And the Sun, in its cycle, will begin to cool down. Sounds like another potential ice age to me. Besides, once all those Volcanoes start erupting worldwide we will be blocking more of the Sun's light out too... Near Ice Age conditions by 2015, I predict. (Wait, I may have read that from someone else... I still stand by it)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by shroudnews77
I cant see an ice age coming. By scientists ignoring the hotter sun theory I meant have never heard a scientist talk about the sun getting hotter can anyone show me any data

The Sun is very dynamic in the short term and fluctuates day to day.

It also has a cycle of fluctuations that repeats periodically (about 22 years). You can read about that here.

There are also probably longer term cycles that we have not yet identified as we have only been measuring Solar output for about half a millenia.

You could, if you wish, read up a little on Stellar Evolution to find out about longer term Solar output.
edit on 29/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I meant have never heard a scientist talk about the sun getting hotter can anyone show me any data

The Sun is believed to be getting hotter, but very gradually over very long time scales (billions of years).

In the short term (last 30+ years of exceptional global warming) the evidence has shown that solar output has actually decreased slightly:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0943566b2fef.gif[/atsimg]

See:
Has the sun been cooling or warming in recent decades?

also:
Determining the long term solar trend
ACRIM vs PMOD, the rematch

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Temperatures are rising summers are hotter and winters are colder so that means we will eventually have half the world frozen and the other half a desert is this possible ?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
That graph shows the sun has increased half a degree in 100 years thats a lot. A half degree increase in sun temperature is different to a half degree increase in earth temperature
edit on 29-3-2011 by shroudnews77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

hmm well for 1. I also have noticed hotter sunrays then previous years 2. Yes the bible may say that the sun will get hotter in end times, but we have no proof that it is end times now, it's just a theory 3. Has there ever been data regarding sun temperature output? 4. Most importantly it's basically proven that climate change is supposedly happening right now is bs.. The main indicator for global warming is the warming temperature of our oceans, and NOAA did a 5 year study and the results came back stating that our oceans temperatures are slightly decreasing.. ie no global warming. Not to mention all of the very cold temperatures that is happening all over the world as of late.. I for one do not believe global warming is happening to the earth, but the suns solar flares are increasing alot and are expected to peak significantly in 2012.. so yes I am too worried about the sun and it's flares destroying our earth, but it's not producing climate change that I can tell from anywhere.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

The red data on the right is the Earth's temperature change not the Sun, the blue data on the left is the change in the Sun's output in Watts/meter squared. It changed by roughly 0.5 W/m^2 over the last 100 years - meaning you could equate this to putting an extra heat source giving off 0.5 Watts of heat for every square meter across the Earth's surface.

This is considered an important factor for why the Earth warmed over the first half of the 20th century, but in the second half other forcings have become MUCH more dominant. In either case your assertion that scientists are ignoring the Sun is completely wrong. This myth gets brought up every other week on ATS and yet all the data is out there easily available for anyone who actually bothers googling it.

ETA: this vid sums things up very well:

edit on 29-3-2011 by mc_squared because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheForgottenOnes

But do you know that an ice age may be coming upon us Forgotten One?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I noted a difference when I moved from Queensland to New Zealand.. where the sun on your skin was very hot in comparison. So hot that morning radio would give you the expected burn times for the day.. in Summer of course... and those times were only a couple to a few minutes.

I put it down to New Zealand being under the Ozone Hole.

Four years later when returning to Oz I found it was the same there.. and over the years it is noticeably hotter on the skin from the moment it rises above the range here.

Not sure if I can blame it on the Ozone Hole.. which we have heard nothing about for many years.

I wondered why the advice that used to be wear a hat and suncreen became hat, sunscreen, long sleeved shirt, sunglasses, and seek shelter!! Do the sun rays get you in the shade too, lol.

I have no answer for this so would be interested to see what information comes to this thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
And even if we are in an Ice age we can still burn. So I take what the Bible says very seriously.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The Bible does have incredible stuff in it. For example in the Old testament it says that God created the rivers so they flow into the oceans to purify them. THis is amazing if you think about it. So God does care and his prophets do show true conservational inspiration. But now we dam rivers which are the blood supply to oceans so electrical companies and Governemnts can make more money to pay themselves bigger fatter salaries. Sorry to have gone off topic. I linked the Revelation hotter sun scripture to the rivers for a reason

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

No I didn't actually, is there any proof for this?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Temperatures are rising summers are hotter and winters are colder so that means we will eventually have half the world frozen and the other half a desert is this possible ?

This is only true for the northern latitudes.

I've been to all latitudes except the Arctic and Antarctic. The trend I notice is north is getting colder winters, while south is getting warmer.

It maybe safe to say that average ***global*** temperatures have changed a little, but if we speak of weather activity/change per geographical area, the changes are too significant to escape notice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join