It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation from Japan 'not harmful': B.C. scientist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That radiation network has had a Vancouver site for quite some time, and the CPM were usually about 10 or 12.
What I always thought was odd is that the Vancouver count is usually half that of Seattle. I wouldn't have thought there'd be a difference. Both cities have similar climate, geography, altitude, etc.

My guess is that the Vancouver station is just shut down or in maintenance. After all, these are not government sites, but small PCs with a Geiger counter attached.

Right now Seattle is showing 20 CPM, so I don't think you have much to be worried about in Vancouver... for the moment....

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yup its here. I'm spending as little time in the rain as possible..

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
That a little harsh and fear mongering don't you think?

The German and European energy commissioners said Fukushima is an Apocalyptic event that the entire Northern Hemisphere will become irradiated.

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

EU Energy Commissioner, Guenther Oettinger, described the situation more bleak complex north of Tokyo. ”Basically, everything is out of control and do not exclude what is worse in the hours and days ahead. We’re talking about an apocalypse and I believe this word is very appropriate for this situation, the German commissioner warned on Wednesday before the Commission environment in the European Parliament. Read more: scienceray.com...

hamsayeh.net...

Meanwhile top Swedish nuclear monitoring body, the Swedish Defense Research Institute warned yesterday, in spite of rosy pictures being constantly pained by the Japanese government, radioactive fallouts from Fukushima would cover all of northern hemisphere in due time.

Here is the Cesium fallout plume that confirms what the SDRI has predicted.
www.irsn.fr...

Now the Pacific Ocean is heavily contaminated as well since TEPCO dumped 11,500 tonnes of highly radioactive water (7.5 million - 5 million times the safe limit) into the ocean.

Evidence in photos show much more damage to the reactors then what TEPCO claims, tonnes of spent fuel rods in the roof mounted cooling pools have been blown to smithereens.

This event is on a scale that very few seem to grasp the gravity and sincere dire doom that awaits all of us. This may well be the worse disaster in human history killing potentially millions and millions of people through increased exposure to radiation.

Am I concerned, yes. Do I think we will all die? It's not a far fetched idea for those of us living near the West Coast on the Pacific Ocean given the jetstream, the ocean currents and the toxic death they carry over from Japan.

Maybe a bit of fear mongering but then I am not alone in my concerns.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ok here are a few of the charts I was looking for.

Fixed point network 1

National Recourses Data for the last year

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I can see where you are coming from and respect your opinion. The big question I have is whats the difference between the Japan leak and the complete melt down of the reactor in Chernobyl? I mean, its radiation was spread around the world and we're still here....no mass die offs (in an apocalyptic scale). If the Japan reactor has a complete melt down, wouldn't the effects be similar to Chernobyl?

Also, if you look at the links in my last post, you can see that according to the radiation detector sensors that the levels are still quite small and don't pose any major threat so far. They are updated daily so I suggest taking a look every day to see where its at.

Ill have to do some digging to try and find the charts for the weeks and months after the Chernobyl incedent to compair it with the levels we are getting from Japan......could take me a while (unless anyone else whants to help)
edit on 5-4-2011 by QBSneak000 because: addition

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

See, I don't think people understand that when scientist say things like apocalypse they aren't meaning the vast blanketing end of the world meaning of the world that people en mass seem to interpret it is. Technically an apocalypse is any widespread event of destruction or disaster.

This does not necessarily mean out right OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE, ALL THE FOOD IS GOING TO DIE, THE AIR IS TOXIC, GET A BUNKER!!

everyone hears apocalypse and they think the end when that isn't the meaning of the word at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join