Radiation from Japan 'not harmful': B.C. scientist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

I heard of reports of traces hitting last week myself, maybe it wasn't reported widely but it was definitely on the CTV website...it might have been even sooner, I can't recall now, but it has been reported.

Radiationnetwork.com has a monitor posted in Vancouver but aside from that i have yet to find a canadian monitoring site

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

not really, the four times higher thing is a bit ambiguous...they say they're basing off studies about rainwater after Chernobyl being four times higher but it doesn't state that the four times higher was the harmful level. I read in another article it's only being detected at .00005 milliseverts or something like that...if you choose to believe that or not is your own business...its probably higher but i still don't think it's only four times away from being harmful myself

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I have been feeling very depressed lately and am in Vancouver. I believe there are clouds of this # all over the air here.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tomjones69

are you saying the fallout is causing your depression? I'm not quite sure that's one of the effects if so.

FYI seasonal changes effects people's mood

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

Yes. That is what I am saying. I feel something heavy is upon me. Usually I can dig myself out of any dark hole, but I have never felt like this before. I believe it is radiation related. Thankyou for your suggestion.
edit on 2-4-2011 by tomjones69 because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-4-2011 by tomjones69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

well you're intitled to your opinion but I think thats absurd. Whether or not something heavy is upon us or not i find nothing online that says radioactive fallout can cause depression. Get more vitamin D in your life and your mood will improve...I'd be willing to put money on it.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

Thankyou onyx,

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomjones69
reply to post by TKDRL

I have been feeling very depressed lately and am in Vancouver. I believe there are clouds of this # all over the air here.

Depression comes from the seasons especially when it comes close to spring, all winter long lack of sunshine has a great effect on how you feel. But also with whats been going on all over this planet the chaos man made and natural can play on the mind too. With the combination of seasons and world troubles it can add to your gloomy feelings. A good start is to start taking vitamin B complex and get out and go for nice brisk walks or jog, whatever your fancy. Eat healthy, and don't let all the crap get to you. Having a good and healthy spiritual understanding and attitude is another good way to cope added to all the other healthy living practices.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

You are not alone. A number of people I have talked to this week, even those who know nothing about the radiation, have mentioned feeling strange and/or depressed. I am very sensitive to pollutants in the environment and can smell a difference when there is radiation heavier in the air, and two others in my town have said the same. I've read the same from a few other people on comment threads at a couple of sites. You are not crazy so trust yourself.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SammyB

I'm still amazed when I hear people not knowing about the radiation....seriously? How can someone be so unplugged after the fact. I guess maybe now that it's not getting news coverage but wow...it just baffles me

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

That is the kind of reaction I get from people who don't believe I can smell/sense pesticides being used within about a half a mile. Because of severe poisoning from chemicals and pesticides as a child, I am very sensitive to things many others are not. What surprises me, after years of studying quantum mechanics, is that most people are ignorant to the new physics and the reality of the unseen.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Great answer, thankyou buddy.
edit on 4-4-2011 by tomjones69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SammyB

An even greater answer.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
So I was just on Radiation Network and the monitoring point for Vancouver has been removed. I believe the last time I looked at the site was either Friday or Saturday and it was still there... anyone want to garner a guess as to what happened?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

difficulties maybe?

i think one of the california ones was removed once and then it showed up again a few days later but no one knws what happened there either i dont think

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think the reason they arent worried is because this particular type of radiation has a half life of 8 days, Considering the amount of time it gets here, how much of it is getting dispersed over the ocean, and the levels once it gets here it really isn't much to worry about...yet.

I'd be more concerned over the other types of radiation that is leaking at the plant.....the stuff with LONG half lives.
edit on 5-4-2011 by QBSneak000 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Canada doesn't want to bother testing for radiation (totally irresponsible) and to make matters worse as many of you know TEMPCO is dumping water 7.5 million times the legal limit into the ocean x 11,500 Tonnes. They say it's the equivalent of 5 swimming pools in a 300 trillion swimming pool ocean so the problem will just correct itself and go away. This is a totally safe practice and we should not be concerned about our health and safety.

The best advice I can give is we are all going to die! I live in BC Canada near Kelowna.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I live on the mainland coast of BC so I'm concerned. I definitely do not like the fact that Canada supposedly set up 8 extra monitoring stations but not a site to access their readings.

Still not there today. Maybe Canada took it offline?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

The best advice I can give is we are all going to die! I live in BC Canada near Kelowna.

That a little harsh and fear mongering don't you think?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Heres a link to Health Canadas site dealing with monitoring the radiation levels. Ive got a fussy 9 month old im dealing with so i dont have time to scower through it for any real time charts but someone else might be able to find it somewhere here

Health Canada radiation reports

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join