It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Best USA Radiation Maps on the Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I hope that you find this post interesting and useful.

These are the 3 best sites for up to date radiation monitoring:

EPA's RadNet monitoring - The EPA's official monitoring site for USA radiation

Radiation Network This is the map I am watching... updates automatically every minute.

The Nevada Program - Nevada knows nukes! And they know how to monitor radiation levels too!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I just wanted to post these links all in one place in case people didn't have all of these.

I personally find them all very useful as I track the path of the radiation to my doorstep.

Does anyone know of any other good sites for this?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Thank you! I have been monitoring a couple of these. What I am wondering is who is checking the water??

Penn and other places did not pick up Rads in the air- but did in the water.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I am working on that.

My dream is to create a link list of all of the sites in one. (Pretty sad that I dream about things like that, huh? lol)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The only thing I worry is if those numbers are true and have not been modified by any goverment-type source. Worst-case-scenario thought, what if the goverment did hide the true levels of radiation over the United States, what would the purpose be for that?Preventing mass-panic and evacuation even if they don't tell you to evacuate?

Just trying to get an idea out there as I have heard from a few sources(unconfirmed) that radiation levels detected in certain parts of the country have been modified.

Just think, what would you do, if they broadcast on your local news channel that radiation levels in your area have reached elevated-dangerous levels.....What would you do?!?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Why is Cuba red on the Radiation Network?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Thanks for the links. It makes life easier to be able to find them all in one place. I'm always a little disappointed that there aren't more active radiation monitoring sites within the U.S. On the EPA site all of the graphics weren't working when I checked but perhaps that is just temporary. Maybe we can add some international links to radiation monitoring data also? I know that someone mentioned that they don't trust the government not to change the numbers if they felt like it was necessary. I don't trust them either.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Link to several forcasting models of jetstream + Fukushima web cam

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a22fd96b232.jpg[/atsimg]

This site will also give you the altitude at "surface", "2500m" and "5000m".

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/969fb1a89fd7.jpg[/atsimg]

Also, here is a good link to a "crowdsourced" radiation monitoring system (like foursquare) where individuals all over the world are sending in their readings and this is getting pulled onto the google map API. There are also the "offical/gov" readings, these are indicated by the different colours of the pins. Clicking on the pins allows you to see what the instrument was calibrated for and it's /Sv equivalent (where there is one). Anyone with a meter can sign up and begin submitting readings.. I encourage you to do so if you have a meter.

www.rdtn.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0eab6badeca1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Nice to be getting this info condensed into a single thread!

That was pretty much the whole idea.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Thanks for grouping the links. There are also the LA live feed www.enviroreporter.com...
and
the Las Vegas live feed www.ustream.tv... ity-nv-las-vegas

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Denver just hit radiation level 105!!!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Good link list developing...

Looks like we might need it over the next couple days from what I have heard and seen online!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join