It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do aliens travel.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
distance, dimension or time ?

It seems to be usually assumed to be distance, but I think dimension is the most likely. Time has all that paradox stuff.....

thoughts ?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't think that they "travel" in the physical form, only when they are here, and want to look around. Somehow they can leap through the time, dimension, whatever. By this way, it could be possible to voyage through the entire universe, without wasting time.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Personally I don't think it is by distance. The distances between stars is just too great for that - provided that the speed of light is the fastest one can travel.

What really annoys me is the argument people (Shostak and friends to name a few) make about the impossibility of us being visited.

"Oh, the distances are too great for them to get here."

Yeah, if they strap a tin can full of explosives to their butt like we do. Get real. It is egomaniacal to think that other life out there hasn't come up with something better than us. I'll tell you what; if I hear that lame, close-minded, ignorant excuse again - I will scream.

That being said:

I think they may be popping in and out of an alternate universe - perhaps one where the laws of physics are different, thus allowing them to travel this universe easily and quickly. Picture a parallel universe the exact same size as ours, almost connected to ours. In that universe, there exists no matter, perhaps only energy of some form. They could slip in, travel the appropriate distance and in the right direction (much faster than light) and if all calculations are correct, slip out just at their destination.

Some points about this theory:
1. No matter in alternate universe - You wouldn't have to worry about running into anything during your travels. Pesky micro-meteorites wouldn't be punching holes in your hull. You could travel in a straight line without having to avoid large obstacles.
2. Nothing but energy in alternate universe - There is your endless supply of fuel for the trip.
3. All known (by humans) laws of physics probably don't apply in alternate universe - Speed of Light? HA.

Well, those are my theories. comments?

[edit on 7/23/2004 by RivyBeAsT]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Perhaps its a combination of those ways. Perhaps they travel great distances by slipping into another dimension that does not have laws like the speed of light limit. Something like slipping into a ''hyper dimension'' or something traveling in there and the popping back into our dimension when the arrive where they want to go.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well I have a theory that maybe they get here just like we got to the moon. Except maybe they have much longer life periods, and maybe the ships don't run on fuel. Maybe they feed off of, whatever is in space.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
How about blackholes? Maybe they just fly through one of those..

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hi,

I know I've mentioned this in another thread but suggest if serious, you read; 'End of Time' by Roger Barbour - it's hard going as he is a physicist (but fiercely independent). He postulates that there is no time (or travel) that we are programmed to see relative configurational space as a 'movie'.

Strangely, this moves science towards psychology, some religious beliefs etc...

Now, if 'aliens' have worked out how to adjust probablilty (oh no - the infinity probablity drive!) then there is no 'distance' or 'time' as we perceive it.

Hope this helps?

Peace!

new topics

top topics

join