It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher has kids tasting condoms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Originally posted by TheBandit795

It's a catholic school, but it's also a state school. So it's suboordinate to the government.

Furthermore, not all kids that go to that school are catholic.

What's wrong is forcing people not to have sex before marriage ...to suppress natural feelings untill marriage or anything like that is unnatural.

I say - Catholic schools are held to a higher standard by the Catholic church. It is either Catholic or it isn't. If it is a Catholic school then the state standards of sex education do not apply because the higher Catholic standard (to have the Catholic shingle put by the front door) doesn't allow it. The state can not force private religious schools to teach something
that is against that religion.

It doesn't matter if all the kids who go to the school aren't Catholic. It's a CATHOLIC school therefore it teaches the Catholic beliefs. If people don't want the Catholic beliefs taught to their non-Catholic kids, then they don't go to a Catholic school. It's the job of the Catholic schools to pass along the faith and teach it correctly. It's in Canon Law.

Forcing people not to have sex before marriage is wrong? There ya' go. That's what I'm talking about. That is definately NOT Catholic and if that is being taught in a Catholic school it has no place being there.

No one FORCES people not to have sex. However, when properly educated in the faith, people should understand the reason WHY sex remains within marriage. I'm sure the illicit sex education that you received in the 'Catholic' school helped shape your view which flys
in the face of Catholic belief.

There is a higher calling involved here. A spiritual one. One that is
expected to be taught and maintained at a Catholic school. One that
wasn't taught to you. The sanctity of marriage. The SACRAMENT of
marriage and how sex belongs inside that sacrament. The 'Catholic'
school you went to was so busy spending it's time teaching how to
have 'proper' sex (according to the secular view), that it neglected
teaching the religion that it is supposed to be teaching.

Sex training lasts a lifetime. Spiritual training lasts an eternity.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Our school district had sex ed every two years, starting at 5th, then going through 9th. I dont think it was that effective, because the class in 5th grade, all i remember was talking about pads and your period, and that the guys didnt have to learn as much, so the girls had to stay inside while the guys played kickball.

7th grade we talked about STDs mostly, but by 9th grade, the ppl that were already having sex were having it already, and the ones that werent going to until they were married or until they were mature enough to were already going to wait. So again, the ppl that were familar with condoms wouldnt be intimated by them, and the ones not sexually active arent ready to have a condom placed in their hands, let alone being encouraged to taste it(yes, i read the article, and im not saying they were told to)

the reason im not sexually active currently is mostly because of my parents, how they rasied me. It is unfortunate some parent wont tell their kids the facts of life (due to not caring or fear of doing something against their religion). if parents would do this, it wouldnt force the school district to have to cover for the parents. Thats what should be done, but their isnt much we can do about that, now can we?

---pineapple

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Sex-Ed can potentially save millions of lives and prevent lots of unwanted pregnancies.
What planet are you from?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The guy is right though. This thread just goes to show that talking about condoms and sex is an iffy subject. And though it may seem wrong what he did, he proved again, that Americans are too freaked out by sex. It's a flavored condom, what do you think is the point of it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join