posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...

(I'm fairly new here and not sure how much of this article
I can excerpt and post .... so I'll just put the link for ya'll
to read)

This is not education. This is sick. The whack job that is
getting his jollies by 'educating' children to lick condoms
in his classroom should be thrown in jail.

Education in American schools should be - reading, writing, math,
science, history. Kids are failing in these areas far too much to
dally in sex education let alone letting some sicko do this!

[edit on 7/23/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Uhm... Lemme see...

Sex-Ed can potentially save millions of lives and prevent lots of unwanted pregnancies. Although I don't agree with a teacher letting kids taste condoms (especially because I'm a guy :duh
. Why should a teacher give sex-ed in school?

I remember my biology teacher showing us condoms and different flavors of condoms when I was 14 in school. Did he do anything wrong??? I think not!!!

Edit: I just ready the article. The tasting part was optional. It's about getting used to condoms being a common thing. So it's about saving those kids against potential std's and unwanted pregnancies... What's wrong about that??? What can eading, writing, math, science, history do for the child if it gets dies of AIDS before it even gets the chance to apply these things to it's life???

[edit on 23-7-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think that's actually a joke.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I hope its a joke. If not then Americas education system really is falling apart. I think sex ed is nessecary. Other wise there would be countless pregnant teanagers walking around wishing that they hadn't gone to last nights party. But sticking a condom in your mouth and having a teacher add inappropriate comments like that, this is what makes me want to move to Canada.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
omg..my daughter is 11........

if anyone is going to teach her how to use a condom orally it should be...umm...it should be....awww WTF?? no no no no no no no... tell her about ovaries and what not, but leave the flavored condoms for college...whatever happened to lettin em be kids for a while?

what they should be teachin them is life is more than sex..its one part of it, but look past your genitalia, and youll have a happier life.....

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Sex-Ed can potentially save millions of lives and prevent lots of unwanted pregnancies.

I remember my biology teacher showing us condoms and different flavors of condoms when I was 14 in school. Did he do anything wrong???

What can eading, writing, math, science, history do for the child if it gets dies of AIDS before it even gets the chance to apply these things to it's life???

Actually - the statistics don't show that sex ed stops unwanted pregnancies. In schools that have sex ed, pregnancy stats either stay the same or go up. There has been no stats to show otherwise. Don't bother quoting anything from Planned Parenthood. They have an agenda to make money on abortions coming in and selling the dead baby parts to pharmacitical companies on the way out.

Did your biology teacher do something wrong? If you mean was he breaking the law, probably not. However, YES he was doing something wrong. 1 - he was taking valuable time away from serious science by talking about things that belong IN THE HOME. 2 - If you or any of the children in the classroom were Catholic or Muslim then he was breaking the rules of your church. He was teaching you things that went against your religion. So yes, he was doing something wrong in that aspect.

Don't bother saying 'it has to be taught in school because the parents aren't doing it'. That's wrong. Lots of folks say that, but it simply isn't true.

The what if the child gets AIDs before 'it' can use what it learned in school ... I understand your concern however, it is the parents job to teach sex education and instill values, not the schools. The school is for reading, writing, math, science, and history. Schools are failing in these areas. They need to work on bringing those areas up to par and leaving the sex ed to parents where it belongs.

I'm sure that we will be at odds on this issue BUT at least can you admit that this teacher telling the students to taste the condoms was very wrong?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Teaching sex ed in school is one thing (teaching about different parts, etc). But teaching kids how to use condoms and give oral sex, what?!? Ridiculous. This isn't good for anyhting, it's just promoting pre-marital sex. We don't need 10-15 year olds learning about this kind of malarky in school. This world is truly falling to sh*t, so sad.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
TheBandits right about the benefits. If you say that sex ed has no effect thats like saying that the D.A.R.E. program had no effects. Thats like saying anti smoking commercials have no effect. And a lot of parents are to lazy to bother teaching sex ed. Some parents would prefer there kids learn in school.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Also if i'm correct in Catholicism your not supposed to have sex until after marrige. Well by teaching a kid about the dangers of things like teenage pregnancies and AIDs there less likely to have sex before marrige.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I am all for sex education in schools, but there is a big difference between teaching about the function of condoms and how they taste.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Actually - the statistics don't show that sex ed stops unwanted pregnancies.

Ok, post the sources...

However, YES he was doing something wrong. 1 - he was taking valuable time away from serious science by talking about things that belong IN THE HOME.

It was serious what he was teaching and it was in the curriculum. It was in the schoolbooks, and the class was about contraception methods. And we got tests on that too.

2 - If you or any of the children in the classroom were Catholic or Muslim then he was breaking the rules of your church. He was teaching you things that went against your religion. So yes, he was doing something wrong in that aspect.

Most of the kids in my school were catholic. In fact, I was brought up catholic. And the school itself is a catholic school. But what we're talking about in the class was biology, and had nothing to do with religion. So nothing wrong there at all.

Don't bother saying 'it has to be taught in school because the parents aren't doing it'. That's wrong. Lots of folks say that, but it simply isn't true.

I didn't even have that in mind, so why assume that I'm going to say that. Just like with the Planned Parenthood thing. I don't know the magazine.

The school is for reading, writing, math, science, and history. Schools are failing in these areas.

That the schools are failing in those areas probably doesn't have anything to do with sex-ed. WHat do you want to do next??? Ban Phys-Ed? Ban art class??? Music class??? Religion class???

I'm sure that we will be at odds on this issue BUT at least can you admit that this teacher telling the students to taste the condoms was very wrong?

Once again, the teacher said that if the want to they could taste it. He never forced anyone to do so.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
We don't need 10-15 year olds learning about this kind of malarky in school. This world is truly falling to sh*t, so sad.

At what point in the worlds history were 15 year olds not knowing about this "kind of malarky"??? Then the world was always crap then...
There's no reason for me to believe that in any culture in the past (except for parts of the world in the late 18th century/first half of the 19th century) that children at that age where all holy and didn't know anything about that that. Probably in the tens of thousands of years in the history of mankind this was one of the rare periods periods that it was like that.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78 And a lot of parents are to lazy to bother teaching sex ed. Some parents would prefer there kids learn in school.

I prefer my kids learn this at home, before sex-ed classes. Classes are fine as well. Now this teacher? If this happened to my kids, I hope that the condoms are digestable because I would be jamming them down his throat. Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I personaly have 6 boys and unlike most people I belive the males are alest as responsible for there sexul acctivities as the females in our scocity most males tought that if you havent had sex your a nerd or some such nonsence .And this is still true and per pressur is much more compeling then teachers .Pluse add hormones into the facter you have real hard time. Children learn by excample What excample are you setting?Give your kids enough confendence they will make the better choices them selfs.
trust me I know wile my younger life was garbage (foster homes Hrs bites. when I was 14 i looked at my life and thought what do I want. Not what do i see . Going through the park one day a guy comes up to me holding a hand FULL of pills.
Every color in the rainbow and says you should try these they make you feal Great. Well I stoped and thought for a minit and relized this guy was holding the rest of my life in his hand.
And said no thanks man .This my friends was long befor the so call drug awarness .It just takes a kid to take one step back and think for them selfs .
teach them that they be ok with the rest.
So I do teach my kids about sex and my teneke can be sumed up in a few words.
Son you need to be marred before you have kids and son you need to be able to suport your wife and kids befor you have kids.you can ONLY have one girl and should never take them for granet.About a thousand times.As for the rest of it im sure they can figer that out by them selfs .

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Originally posted by TheBandit795

It was serious what he was teaching and it was in the curriculum. It was in the schoolbooks, and the class was about contraception methods. And we got tests on that too.

Most of the kids in my school were catholic. In fact, I was brought up catholic. And the school itself is a catholic school. But what we're talking about in the class was biology, and had nothing to do with religion. So nothing wrong there at all.

What I say -

That crap was in a Catholic school???? Then the administrator should be fired. The teacher should be fired. That definately ISN'T CATHOLIC. That isn't what Catholic parents send their kids to Catholic school for. Just because it made it to the curriculum doesn't make it right. Just because it is in the text books doesn't mean it belongs there.

I didn't say those schools were failing in math/reading/writing/history/science BECAUSE of sex ed. What I said was that they were failing in these areas and their resources were better spent on teaching kids to read, rather than how to have sex. The schools don't even have the basics at an acceptable level, but they feel the need to intrude into areas that they shouldn't be in. Spending tax money and government funds on teaching underage children how to engage in oral sex while many of them struggle in math or reading is bizzare.

It doesn't matter whether the teacher in this article forced the student to lick the condom or not ... he ridiculed her and called her something other than her name, and caused peer pressure. It should not have even been brought up. He probably got his jollies off of it. It's sick and it's wrong.

[edit on 7/23/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There are certain rules and restrictions that apply to all schools. In general all schools have to teach certain things. It mostly goes by state law. I think some of its federal.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

That crap was in a Catholic school???? Then the administrator should be fired. The teacher should be fired. That definately ISN'T CATHOLIC. That isn't what Catholic parents send their kids to Catholic school for. Just because it made it to the curriculum doesn't make it right. Just because it is in the text books doesn't mean it belongs there.

It's a catholic school, but it's also a state school. So it's suboordinate to the government. Our educational system is based on the Dutch one, which is a fairly liberal school. Furthermore, not all kids that go to that school are catholic. A great amount are protestant, but it's a school for advanced students. A high school diploma from that school is about on the level of an associate degree or more. And believe after finishing that school you know more about the subjects at hand than freshmen in most, if not all U.S. colleges. The only way that school would suffers is because they still use the old way of giving classes.

What I said was that they were failing in these areas and their resources were better spent on teaching kids to read, rather than how to have sex. The schools don't even have the basics at an acceptable level, but they feel the need to intrude into areas that they shouldn't be in.

Sex-Ed is not about teaching children how to have sex. There is no school that gives sex-ed that would tell you that. It's about letting children know about contraception and sexuality, so that they are better able to prepare themselves physically, intellectually and emotionally in case they decide to do so.

What's wrong is forcing people not to have sex before marriage, lots of people get married in their late 20's and 30's or even 40's, and others never get married in their life. To suppress natural feelings untill marriage or anything like that is unnatural.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372
omg..my daughter is 11........

My friend said she was sexually active in 5th grade one time. That's... 10 years old.

Also i was in a summer program during 7th grade and we had a whole day dedicated to this stuff and yes we also got to taste condoms if we so chose to. He said the plastic would give you a weird numbing feeling in the mouth or something. i dont really remember but sex ed is very important imo. Our sex ed classes started in 5th grade. (at age 10)

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
Teaching sex ed in school is one thing (teaching about different parts, etc). But teaching kids how to use condoms and give oral sex, what?!? Ridiculous. This isn't good for anyhting, it's just promoting pre-marital sex. We don't need 10-15 year olds learning about this kind of malarky in school. This world is truly falling to sh*t, so sad.

heh i knew about all that before i even turned 10 so its not a big suprise to kids really. btw im 21 now.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I remember having puebirty classes in 5th grade. To be honest those anoyed me. That and they tell you your going to change so much, that scared me at first. But my school started sex ed at 8th grade.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join