It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation level at 94 currently in Denver at 8:54 PM!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
One possible explanation for the high readings in Denver specifically, and lower readings in surrounding areas like Colorado Springs and Ft. Collins is Rocky Flats. It was a nuclear weapons manufacturing facility west of Denver where lots of radioactive materials were released into the water and soil. When the winds get whipping west of Denver, and they do quite often, and we're talking winds near and above 70 mph, perhaps dust with radioactive material is going passed the sensor in Denver. Just a thought.

I live in Colorado Springs and the radiation never spikes like it does in Denver. I think if there was that much radiation coming in from Japan, other sensors would pick it up west of Denver. Someone needs to put one in the Sierra Nevada in California. That area would be the first to sense anything because of the high elevation and it's the first spot in the US where the current jet stream is hitting.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I just looked at the peak wind gusts for some personal weather stations from wunderground.com, and the winds weren't very strong on the 29th, or the 21st and 22nd. Hmmmmmmm

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Did you happen to see a low flying UFO that could have spiked the radiation levels??

LOL.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Am I seeing things? No body else seems to be noticing that Cuba is in RED ALERT! Why? Why isn't, say Florida? Also, it looks like China is on RED ALERT as well. If I'm looking at these charts correctly, that is.

If Denver's number are so high because of their altitude, what must the Himylayas look like?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Where are you seeing these red alerts in China and Cuba?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
reply to post by windword

Where are you seeing these red alerts in China and Cuba?

Exactly come on Golden rule of ATS LINKS Please.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
These are the 3 best sites for up to date radiation monitoringg:

EPA's RadNet monitoring - The EPA's official monitoring site for USA radiation

Radiation Network This is the map I am watching... updates automatically every minute.

The Nevada Program - Nevada knows nukes! And they know how to monitor radiation levels too!

Radiation Network has Cuba in the bottom right corner in red. Also, if you click on JAPAN on the front page it shows china totally in red.

Click on all of 3 her links to see more. I really am not sure what I'm looking at.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

These are the 3 best sites for up to date radiation monitoringg:

EPA's RadNet monitoring - The EPA's official monitoring site for USA radiation

Radiation Network This is the map I am watching... updates automatically every minute.

The Nevada Program - Nevada knows nukes! And they know how to monitor radiation levels too!

Radiation Network has Cuba in the bottom right corner in red. Also, if you click on JAPAN on the front page it shows china totally in red.

Click on all of 3 her links to see more. I really am not sure what I'm looking at.

Uhhhhhhhh, that's just the color they used for those countries. Those aren't radiation alerts. There would be a circle with a number above 100 in red. Maybe they used red because both of those countries are communist.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by YourPopRock

So 100 is RADIATION ALERT level!

Who here really thinks that the residents of Denver, Colorado USA will be alerted by ANYONE that there is dangerous radiation?

(Aside from me here on ATS that is!)

No it isnt. 126 is the alert level, and even that is well below that actual dangerous levels.

You guys really need to calm down, you arent going to get radiation poisoning from this. The 'alert level' is set well below the levels that are actually harmful. 'Alert level' simply means that they are going to look into what is making it a bit higher than normal.
edit on 30-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

You're probable right, but I would still like to see the numbers of China, Korea, the Himalayas even Japan! If anybody can find it, I can't, please post! Thanks.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
And right now it's 48, which is about twice what it is on the West Coast. If you've been nonitoring the radiation maps for several days, there have been several times when Denver is at 90 or so. It has always been more than the west Coast. Denver is a mile high, so maybe that's not surprising. In any case, it is not a big deal.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If the radiation level hit 500 they would not tell you...You will not get any type of warning from TPTB...Do your own research and do what your heart and head tell you to do...YOUR HEART and HEAD....not theirs.....

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The radiation levels are currently at 58 cpm in Denver... and that is WITH solar radiation hitting them.

Last night was definatly something very different. Will keep watching.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I live in Denver and I'd also like to add that it is REALLY windy right now.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kohaku

I wonder if that will blow in or blow out radiation?

Hmmm...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been checking in at Radiation Network daily for more than three weeks. The numbers in Denver and in Phoenix have been much higher in the past few days than at any time before.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Last night we had several 105's and some 104's

I have been watching like a hawk since.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Ok, the sun is down and Denver is still reading a 94 for radiation on: RADIATION NETWORK

Tell me how this isn't bad since the sun is down and no solar radiation should be hitting Denver right now.

Anyone else following this?!?

oh no, time for you to run to the pharmacy to stock up on iodine pills?.... 94 count per minute? seriously? check the cpm from a banana, I think it's something like 12 count per second..

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by porky1981

cpm from a banana, I think it's something like 12 count per second..

so you can tell me how much iodine-131, and cesium-137 I get from said Banana?

comparing this to fruit is crazy

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

how do you know its from iodine or cs-137? ...

you don't.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join