It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation level at 94 currently in Denver at 8:54 PM!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CCKP72

To get those numbers you have to buy the software they are selling that the network members use download information for detection........

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ok, to answer my own question I am trying to find out exactly what "100 cpm" means.

Here is what it says on the radiation network site

Depending on your location within the US, your elevation or altitude, and your model of Geiger counter, this background radiation level might average anywhere from 5 to 60 CPM, and while background radiation levels are random, it would be unusual for those levels to exceed 100 CPM. Thus, the "Alert Level" for the National Radiation Map is 100 CPM, so if you see any Monitoring Stations with CPM value above 100, further indicated by an Alert symbol over those stations, it probably means that some radioactive source above and beyond background radiation is responsible.

So, that still doesn't really tell me exactly what 100 cpm will do to me. But it does lead me to believe that maybe it is not deadly but rather a trigger point which would alert us to check around and find out what could be happening in that area. Or, maybe an equipment malfunction.

I have seen Denver get up to about 75 over the past couple of weeks.

I am still checking to find out exactly what 100 cpm means to the human body.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I guess the number for Denver is so high because of Denver's high elevation. But this is not good. I would assume this means that there is a lot of radiation circling at high altitudes and in the atmosphere. That stuff is going to come down everywhere eventually.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well its back up to 95 about to trigger the alert

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
according to their site that would mean a reading of 105 uR/hr
source

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CCKP72

We don't need those... due to the altitude of Denver vs say Aurora or other neighboring cities in CO, there are several different ones in a close proximity.

This is not a malfunction, this is a measurement at altitude. That is consistent with typical radioactive fallout.

This is going very typically according to pattern.

What makes it so damn scary is that this is happening at night, when background radiation is at its lowest (due to a lack of solar radiation).

If you don't understand how a geiger counter works or how to interpret the readings, google it... it will be much faster than me trying to teach you.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

Ok guys and gals...hear me out. I think the answer here is that the
Denver International is taking in flights from Japans evacuations.

PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. —
The U.S. Northern Command in Colorado says more than 5,200 family members of American service personnel have been flown to the United States from Japan following the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear crisis.

Northern Command said Tuesday that about 2,600 arrived through Travis Air Force Base and San Francisco International Airport in California. Seattle-Tacoma International Airport received 2,100 people. Another 500 returned through Denver International Airport.

Reception centers at Travis and the Seattle and Denver airports are helping the families arrange temporary lodging, food, pet care and other accommodations.
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Dont panic...there is cause for concern, yet not panic. Not yet...
you know I am not one to dismiss reality.

Its not good, however I dont think it is coming in from the currents/wind.

Its from the airport...ETA: I dont know for sure, its just a possibility.
I hope anyways.

edit on 29-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hold on, I'm in Denver.
Maybe it's because of the high winds we've had over the last few days blowing this crap in. At what point should you start flipping out and taking iodine? I noticed when watching radiation network the other day, that it averaged ~45cpm.

We also had a bit of rain and snow that would cause the fallout to precipitate.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Woodly because: Clicked submit too fast

link   
WOW This is a very interesting thread! Good job keeping it updated too! Thank you and be careful.

link   
reply to post by burntheships

Its not good, however I dont think it is coming in from the currents/wind. Its from the airport

Unless all those people are standing upwind of the sensor letting a wind blow all the particles off the clothing..
It's from the wind

the monitors only detect what is passing in front of it's tube at any given time

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Crap I'm at 8500ft in CO.. But you guys If it is that high here what are those people really getting in japan..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

You may be right, its entirely possible. ETA: maybe its not from the airport.
I dont know...why just Colorodo reading so high then?

Maybe it is the high winds?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Ok guys and gals...

I need to get some sleep... anyone who is up longer, keep watching the radiation levels and keep everyone abreast of the numbers.

To save a current reading from the sight, right click the map on the radiation network page and do a save as... it will save it as a jpeg you can then upload to show ats your stuff!

Radiation Network - Live Radiation Readings

I will be back on in the morning, keep on top of it!

~Poprock

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

my guess is the higher elevation is picking up the higher aloft winds
and CO has a higher than most background reading anyway..so it was not a huge climb to set off the alert.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

At about 5200 thats high.

Also not to dismiss the readings but the airlines coming down from higher would add
to that would they not?

Again not dismissing the readings. If they are like that ship, the Presence that picked up
radiation from Japan...they (airliners) could have a higher level of radiation?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I lived in Colorado for a long time.. There is one thing that scares me more then the 105 reading... Its the bears are already out of hibernation this about a month and half early!!! And there hungry as sh#$%^&* You guys somethings up..

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
reply to post by CCKP72

We don't need those... due to the altitude of Denver vs say Aurora or other neighboring cities in CO, there are several different ones in a close proximity.

This is not a malfunction, this is a measurement at altitude. That is consistent with typical radioactive fallout.

This is going very typically according to pattern.

What pattern is that?

Originally posted by YourPopRockWhat makes it so damn scary is that this is happening at night, when background radiation is at its lowest (due to a lack of solar radiation).

This looks like information posted from another user on Godlikeproductions. Was that user yourself?

If you don't understand how a geiger counter works or how to interpret the readings, google it... it will be much faster than me trying to teach you.

Do YOU understand how it works? What are your qualifications. I am wondering this because you copy and pasted the following, below, from the Radiation Network site almost word for word, but wrote it as though you were the one saying it

Ok, it is counts per minute. Normal background radiation will be anywhere from 5 to 60 (during the day due to solar radiation). While background radiation levels are random, it would be unusual for those levels to exceed 100 CPM. Thus, the "Alert Level" for the National Radiation Map is 100 CPM, so if you see any Monitoring Stations with CPM value above 100, further indicated by an Alert symbol over those stations, it probably means that some radioactive source above and beyond background radiation is responsible. These recent spikes are off the charts compared to normal readings. These are geiger counter readings. This is bad stuff...

Radiation Network

I am not usually such a stickler but you are presenting yourself as someone whom people should pay attention to. To me that would mean that 1) you have the qualifications to make such judgements 2) you understand the material which you are presenting.

So far I see copy and pasting from other sites and you telling us to "google it"...and this

It means hide!

Stay indoors!!!

This is serious stuff and people will make important decisions based upon information which they receive from people who they think they can believe. I want to know that the people telling me to run and hide, know what they are talking about.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't get it why aren't any of the surrounding stations even remotely elevated ? It's not like Denver is out on the edge of the map by itself.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

I don't get it why aren't any of the surrounding stations even remotely elevated ? It's not like Denver is out on the edge of the map by itself.

It could be that the counter that reached the alert level is out in the wind...or at a higher elevation than the other ones...

It is very hard to know much based off of 1 station until we know more about that station

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The rocky mountains rise to higher elevations from Utah, to just west of Denver, then drop off and the land while elevated is more flat from there going east, the winds at higher altitudes commonly blow west to east in this area.

Think of the air as water, and imagine what this will cause... the lift, and then the drop, would allow for elements in the air (water) to stall and collect where the drop is.

Just a thought as to why the rad levels could be high and fluctuating in Denver.

Anyone who has been there knows that west of Denver is very tall mountains, and east is more flat.

I'm not an expert, but if you did a scale test of this with water, and some die you could see what would happen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join