It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Update: Something About to Go Down?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I was going to say all that exactly as you said it, but ...
You know, it would be interesting to start a running list of 2011 Events. Maybe that already exists here on ATS or perhaps it would become too convoluted. Essentially, ATS is that running list of sorts, but it would be nice to start connecting all the data with respect to these events. Just thinking out loud.

Thanks for adding your thoughts, apacheman.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Lindsey Williams, at this point, can't have a whole lot of credibilty. He claims he is still in contact with his old insider buddies from his very brief stint in the north west oil producing area. If they truly are in the know, I doubt they would still be calling him with real information considering he's made a living from blabbing, and they have surely been told to stop feeding him real information. While his early message was well put, it wasn't earth shattering information to those who follow such things - it simply confirmed the oil game. At this point, I sense he is a dupe, a well meaning old man, whose discernment has long left him. He likes preaching, preaching is by design entertaining, and he is more entertainer at this point then real information resource.

As for the the other guy? My dry cleaner said the same thing. Oh, and some crazy homeless person did to, about three weeks ago, but he was serious. Without details it is nothing more than a repeat of any infowars show.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Someone is going to get awful sick of ramen soup for 6 months. I have included a wep page where you can calculate what you actually need for 6 months to a year.

Just a thought, what are you going to do when the neighbors children show up on your door hungry ? That person that you thought was your friend will ask you to choose between feeding your children and his children. Food storage is not simple or cheap. It is a serious financial commitment. Think about it.

lds.about.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
Lindsey Williams, at this point, can't have a whole lot of credibilty. He claims he is still in contact with his old insider buddies from his very brief stint in the north west oil producing area. If they truly are in the know, I doubt they would still be calling him with real information considering he's made a living from blabbing, and they have surely been told to stop feeding him real information. While his early message was well put, it wasn't earth shattering information to those who follow such things - it simply confirmed the oil game. At this point, I sense he is a dupe, a well meaning old man, whose discernment has long left him. He likes preaching, preaching is by design entertaining, and he is more entertainer at this point then real information resource.

As for the the other guy? My dry cleaner said the same thing. Oh, and some crazy homeless person did to, about three weeks ago, but he was serious. Without details it is nothing more than a repeat of any infowars show.

Interesting reply. So are you saying, just like always nothing is gonna happen?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fatboyinternational

Nice information. The water amount seems low. For example, for a family of six - older category - it calculated 84 gallons for a whole year.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

I'm not sure that you could safely store water for more than a couple of weeks. Personally I bought a back pack water purifier that can filter up to 500 gal of water for long term.

There are also cleanliness issues anyone ( female ) might want to consider.
You can buy a toilet seat that fits on a 5 gal bucket at Cabellas with the supporting enzymes tablets.
Because s#@!t happens.

There are alot of areas to consider for a 6 month period of time.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I think you are right about storing water. However, I would store it regardless and attempt to recondition it later. I have one of those backpack filters, too. I have an 80 gallon water heater, so there is some. I would also fill up my bathtubs. You have more water around than you might think. Anyway, you are right ... there really is a lot to think about. I also saw a post on filtering radioactive water using dirt and cloth and a few other things found around the house (believe it or not).

Interesting side note: I just read that there are trace amounts of radioactive iodine-133 in our rain water here in PA. Not really a concern as of yet.

edit on 29-3-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If some of you are wondering how to stock up on water, I would suggest you go to the dollar store and stock up on as many buckets as you can for rain water...I learned that from 28 Days Later lol. It may not be perfectly clean, but at least you can boil out all the bad stuff with a hot fire.

Also, I would recommend looking into a rain barrel. Get two of them and you have the ability to hold up to 110 gallons of water...

www.costco.com... =75277&eCat=BC|3605|75277&lang=en-US&whse=BC&topnav=
edit on 29-3-2011 by edgecrusher2199 because: More Info

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

Uhhhmmm, rainwater is quite likely to be radioactive for the next few months, so I, personally, won't be using rainwater unless it's been raining two days in a row...the first day's rain hopefully scrubs the current radioactives and the daily buildup isn't too large that day.

It depends a great deal on how those reactors melt down.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Hey great find!

Also not many people may know this, but being a Plumber, I can tell you that there is at least 180 litres of water in an average sized Hot Water Cylinder, If you should ever need it its there! If the main supply has been stopped then the hot water cylinder will hold that water in there! That plus your own stash of water should suffice! also some older houses that have gravity fed systems may have a header tank in the ceiling which (depending on the size) could hold an additional 100+ litres!

Just a heads up to anyone who cares!!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Water for water machines come in 5 gallon bottles, sealed, for about $5 each. Storable for years if kept out of sunlight. Rice and noodles are a good storable food item. Also dehydrated fruits/vegetables (dehydrate them yourself instead of purchasing to save a ton of money)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Funny how the OP claims that they're not fear mongering and then they proceed to list several scenarios that get people all jumpy on ATS.

Nice try.

Just because an anonymous person tells others to stockpile food and supplies, doesn't mean that you should automatically run out and do so.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Anything could happen tomorrow allready. There is plenty of warnings given, its pure stupidity not take these advices. If nothing happens.... good, you still can eat your stored food and you havnt lost anything.
Something happens and you didnt prepare, good luck running to the stores!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Nice find on the Calculator............

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that the suggested stock piles in the event of a disaster are around 6 month supply, 3 minimum. I'm less than impressed with the reasoning behind the perceived need to stockpile, but in any event, you should have supplies on hand to survive on your own for at least 3 months.

The fact of the matter is, if something "big" is going to go down soon, and people are actively preparing for it while keeping it under wraps.....

your blogger friend in already dead

but that's the catch right? Why on earth, if this is happening, would all these morons spill the beans to us useless eaters? think about it, this thread is obviously tying into the whole NWO whatever theory, and this shadow government knows about some epic disaster to come that will wipe out anyone unprepared, and their goal is to wipe 80% of us out.

Why blab it to low level employees? I seriously doubt anyone with high level clearance (and this would have to be the highest) would blab this crap to some random blogger.

As well, I find it highly suspect that a "special ops" soldier would have any info on this type of event at all. They wouldn't. Their commander wouldn't. They would be issued orders when needs and follow them.

Random un-sourced blog = not credible

Stockpile supplies for 6 moths? common freaking sense.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Good news for those wanting/needing nutritious, lightweight essential foods that will last a very,very long time!The only unfortunate thing is that you have to go to Walmart- which I personally consider to be the third level of hell (I am sure most of you will agree with me)! They just started carrying the stuff on their shelves that you could only find online!!!! The food comes dehydrated or powdered in cans. Such things include: whole eggs, butter, potatoes, a variety of fruit, veggies, soups, the list goes on and on. I was very happy (and suspicious as always) as to their suddenly carrying these items (they are located in the soup aisle) please people, PLEASE take heed and gather a stockpile, even if it is a meager one. It never ever hurts to have extra food on hand and think about it, investing your cash in food is so much wiser than having it in a bank account- you can't eat your cash- I guess you could 'wipe' with it though. Anyhow, I hte to direct anyone to the future FEMA distribution site (THAT by the way is documented fact) AKA Walmart- but seriously, you will be amazed at the variety they have in this emergency food. Also, it is cheaper than the online stuff- I have my stockpile and invested a darn pretty penny- wish they had that stuff on the shelves a couple of months ago! Peace to you all and God bless!

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
all this gloom and doom coming from the gold and silver sellers. I read an article about alex jones (NY magazine) and they casually mention that the single biggest advertiser on his radio show is a gold seller and that Alex's ratings have gone up with the price of gold.

is it the price of gold going up that is reflected in Alex's increase in popularity or, more likely, is Alex, who apparently owns a piece of said gold business, in the gloom and doom business to help promote the sale of gold?

Gold, by the way, is one of the worst things to have if the world goes to pot. You cannot carry it around. It's too heavy to use as a form of currency. Due to the size and weight, you can't conceal it very well either. Sure you can trade it for other goods but, in the end, the most valuable commodity, beside your brain, will be a gun and a bullet because you can trade that bullet for the gold, the food etc and, if you're very good at negotiating, you will get to keep your bullet.

Be wary of the doom reports that suggest you stock pile things that the reporter is selling.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by darrylss

Buy a manual hand pump and find out the specs of your well how deep it is. If you can lower a piece of tubing to pump water when AC goes out you eill be all set.

Buy a manual pump and your all set.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You need approx 1 gallon/person/day
Dig a big hole in your yard, line it with plastic, fill it with a garden hose.
Or you can buy "food grade" 55 gallon barrels and hook them to your rain gutters.

A very cheap way to provide filtration, is to get two 5 gallon buckets, drill a hole through the top one, and the lid of the bottom one, then insert several (the more increases flow rate) ceramic filters.
stpaulmercantile.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

now how does one stockpile water for six months? I have a deep well that goes underground to a natural sping... is that good enough?

Yes, but make sure to have a hand pump, or an alternative power source. If your food stock is canned, then it is a good source of water, but if it is dehydrated, then you need more water in reserve. Ration everything at first. Eat and drink about 25% of what you think you need. This will keep you alive and prolong your supplies. If you notice any negative effects, then you can always drink more, but if you drink it all up, you are in deep doodoo! Therefore, cut everything way down to begin with, and buy yourself some extra time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join