It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Update: Something About to Go Down?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
ok ok Let me say something !

Is there any Global disaster Movies that has been made Latley ?
is there any Alien Invasion Movies Lately ?

and We all know Big Movie Productions are Financed by People that are either 1 Masonic 2 part of Illuminati Society's Right!

We know about Knowing ! Right BP Prediction

Illuminati planned/predicted BP Oil Spill (Knowing)

We know about The Lone Gunman ! prediction of a WTC plane Crash Right

and the movie Long Kiss Goodnight

World Trade Center Attack Confirmation in 1996

Boy doesn't this look familiar !!! Japan would say so

So whats next Alien invasion !

Skyline
Battle of LA

or

or are we going to see something like the movie The Road ! that predicts Solar Flares, Disruption of the Magnetic Field of the Core ? or Some Mass body coming our way! from what the Op say what could it be ?

6 months of Supplies, Water and Food

The Road

The Road - Official Trailer [HD]

hmm even in console games yet to be released

The game takes place in Chicago after a major-scale earthquake has destroyed the city and separated it from mainland, while the rest of the world suffers a water crisis.[2]

I Am Alive
en.wikipedia.org...

LOL wow

The List Doesn't LIE!! the major increase of Disaster movies are within the late 1990s to Present
Someone knows !!! Take a look at the List ! if your Skeptic !

List of disaster films
en.wikipedia.org...

For Earthquakes Alone in the List

Earthquakes

Deluge (1933)
San Francisco (1936)
The Rains of Ranchipur (1955)
The Night the World Exploded (1957)
Crack in the World (1965)
Short Walk to Daylight (1972)
The Day the Earth Moved (1974)
Earthquake (1974)
Deathquake (1980)
The Great Los Angeles Earthquake (1990 TV)
Aftershocks (1998)
Aftershock: Earthquake in New York (1999 TV)
Epicenter (2000)
Deep Core (2000 TV)
Nature Unleashed: Earthquake (2004)
10.5 (2004 TV)
10.5: Apocalypse (2005 TV)
Descent (2005)
2012 (2009)
Megafault (2009)
Earthquake in Tioga (2011)
Stonehenge Apocalypse (2010 TV)
Jenga (2010 Singapore) (Short Film)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Related to the info in this post is this,

www.kansascity.com...

Army officials are preparing to conduct what they say is a rare training event involving the U.S. military, the CIA, Canadian officers and other government agencies.

The Joint Intermediate Staff Planning Exercise will be held March 21-25 at Fort Leavenworth's Lewis and Clark Center, home of the Army Command and General Staff College.

The weeklong event is designed to encourage participants to confront the challenges and uncertainties of joint, interagency and multinational operations.

Besides the CIA, agencies taking part include the U.S. treasury and state departments, U.S. Agency for International Development, the Defense Threat Readiness Agency and the International Red Cross. Officers from the Canadian Forces College will represent their nation.

And then we have this;

www.fema.gov...

National Level Exercise 2011 (NLE 2011) is scheduled for May 2011. The purpose of the exercise is to prepare and coordinate a multiple-jurisdictional integrated response to a national catastrophic event.

NLE 2011 is designated as a Tier I National Level Exercise. Tier I exercises (formerly known as the Top Officials exercise series or TOPOFF) are conducted annually in accordance with the National Exercise Program (NEP), which serves as the nation’s overarching exercise program for planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating national level exercises. The NEP was established to provide the U.S. government, at all levels, exercise opportunities to prepare for catastrophic crises ranging from terrorism to natural disasters.

Looks like the government has been planning a really busy 2011 for us here in the US.

Definitely makes you go Hmmmmmmmm.

Also consider this,

www.physorg.com...

The team determined that the ground surrounding the fault system is moving at a rate of less than 0.2 millimeters per year and there is likely no motion. A paper detailing the work is published in the current issue of Science magazine.

"The slower the ground moves, the longer it takes until the next earthquake, and if it stops moving, the fault could be shutting down," Stein said. "We can't tell whether the recent cluster of big earthquakes in the New Madrid is coming to an end. But the longer the GPS data keep showing no motion, the more likely it seems."

The U.S. Geological Survey-funded study used data recorded at nine GPS antennas mounted in the ground in the earthquake zone.

"GPS technology can measure movement to the thickness of a fishing line," Stein said. "Use of GPS to study earthquakes shows the impact a new technology can have. It lets us see that the world is different than we thought it was."

So they are preparing, in Canada and the US, for an earthquake at a fault science seems to show is shutting down.

AND in Arkansas, fracking is suspected of causing pretty regular earthquakes.

It does beg the question, could they be planning a man made earthquake on a fault they think is "safe" to tamper with because it is thought to be shut down? Could this just be something that is being staged to set America up for marital law?

Its looking more and more fishy.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

Yep, they wanted to fundamentally change our country from everything we grew up with. They just forgot to say how!

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but if the world comes to the point where the common person cannot have access to food or water for 6 + months then the only thing I am going to need in my "survival kit" is a gun and one bullet.

Death is but a doorway.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hr2burn
I believe you are truthfully passing info along that you cannot confirm or deny. I appreciate how you came across. I have to ask a rhetorical question...why 6 months? If this is HUGE, which it sounds like, after 6 months were back to normal?! This isn't just about this post, I see "6months" stockpile regularly. So this is a question pointed towards everyone here, WHY 6 MONTHS?! If something apocalyptic is going to happen, I'm planning for a year. We have about 3 months as it is. I just never go much beyond that because most foods don't do well after 1.5 to 2 years. MRE's do but are super expensive.
So what's peoples thought on 6 months, most of you are pretty sharp and I expect some pretty logical explanations!

I'm not a Mormon but like how they take care of their own. I learned how to preserve long term food storage that will last 30 years. You can find it online by using oxygen absorbers and mylar bags. Dont forget to add lots of Psychological survival food, like hard candy, etc. It may help while under the stress of surviving, without grocery stores.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudgedCover
I'm sorry, but if the world comes to the point where the common person cannot have access to food or water for 6 + months then the only thing I am going to need in my "survival kit" is a gun and one bullet.

Death is but a doorway.

I have a better idea. You can buy a 50 pound bag of rice at a wholesale club for less than 20 bucks. Get one or 2 a month. Maybe a bottle of Rum too.

edit on 30-3-2011 by wonderworld because: edit spelling

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
as someone who enjoys listening to alex jones, i am thinking (or maybe just hoping) that this is just a scenario where enough people outside the fringe have started listening to his show over the last year that these newfound doom-and-gloomers might just be speaking up and repeating things they've heard on his show for the first time (or during his commercials).

one odd thing i would like to add or perhaps start a new thread on: i have several friends who have expressed the feeling that this baseball season (which starts tomorrow) feels like the "last season". even in a down economy, the baseball commissioner has said that interest in spring training and presales for the season were unexpectedly through the roof...almost like the fans are flocking for one last hurrah. it's odd since there is no pending work stoppage like with football, yet me and some other much less conspiracy-minded people i've casually talked about this with feel like this baseball season has some sort of intangible importance they can't put a finger on.

so basically i started this reply refuting the SHTF scare, while introducing my own. sorry
edit on 30-3-2011 by oleus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JudgedCover

after a week of ramen noodles, i'd give up on principle.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm not going to worry about it. I'm sick and tired of worrying about this sh*t all of the time and it ruining my life with a bunch of fear and anxiety. Come whatever may. There is certainly nothing you can do at this point in time to change the course we're on.

I'm prone to bacterial infections and need access to anti-biotics on a regular basis...I'm screwed as far as survival goes, so I'm just going to enjoy the time I have left.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by oleus

after a week of ramen noodles, i'd give up on principle.

I think I'd prefer ramen noodles over sweet and sour grasshoppers, gophers kabobs or tree bark though.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

About 2 months ago the local tv station in San Diego, ca did a story on the port there. They interviewed the Asst. port director. google it please! This admitted that something, biologoical. nuclear had got in to the USA thru one of the agencies down there. And there was the news report from Nogales AZ about either 2 or 3 mexican nationals who were human trafficers that had come down with radiation poisoning ?mysteriously?
These are the only 2 stories that I saw news coverage on. But again thru my brother the deputy he has said before that all kinds of military grade nuclear and bio weapon type things have been brougth across the border not only by Mexicans but specifically russian(georgian) terrorists that he saw paperwork on these.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I have children and my parents would have no one. I have to survive to protect my family and to see justice served on those that have done this to us.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well I've been telling my family that we should start stockpiling food since I first came to this site last year about this time. I'm not going to say nothing has happened, but it seems that way. I feel something big will happen, and I continue to tell my parents to get a giant fridge/freezer and a lot of food as well as precious metals. I'm not just a talker, I'm trying to find work to do this kind of stuff myself as they tend to brush off my warnings (my dad loves O'Reilly/Hannity and my mom plays FreeCell and I'm broke) Like many on this site, I'm looked at as somewhat of a kook, but a year later, they agree 'we should have gotten gold and silver like you said last year!'

Whether or not you think something BIG is suddenly gonna happen, stocking on food and metals right now is a good choice, because inflation WILL happen. It already is, has been for a hundred years.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

I wish I could say I was surprised, but for the last 30 years, I've felt that something big was coming, and I found myself preparing for it mentally.

One of the things I did was learn skills that I thought would be helpful if civilization ended. (Even as I write this, I know it sounds insane....yet I had this mental picture in my mind that it was going to happen.)

Of course, stockpiling is probably smaart in the short run, but I always thought it would be more useful to learn long-term skills. Especially skills I could barter for.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is pretty interesting. I've been studying recent trends on this site and all signs point to some kind of event in the future but it may not be a big deal. Guess I have to crunch more numbers.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The implications for hyper-inflation, food shortages/supply chain interruptions and radiation contamination from the Japan disaster ALONE is enough to cause grave concern. This scenario seems more and more likely with each passing day, and when Japan unloads almost 1 Trillion in US Treasuries, which the Chinese will buy instead of loaning/funding the US gov't, the domino effect on our economy will be nothing short of devastating.

Combine this with the crashing dollar and the US losing reserve currency status/and or an major escalation in the Middle East, causing a catastrophic disruption in oil supply along with astronomical increases in cost and there is the nail on the proverbial US coffin.

These are "known-knowns" which seemingly are going to intensify and accelerate. Now, if we add the speculation of a natural disaster along the Madrid or other major fault lines (Yellowstone and/or California), then a scenario of a COMPLETE breakdown of the system is highly likely. But, a natural disaster is not a necessary component to a system breakdown either, there are enough factors existing at present that can cause a complete shortage of food and supplies for an extended period of time without California sinking into the Pacific or Yellowstone erupting.

If these sources are credible and these warnings indeed were issued in confidence, we all have reason for concern. Sadly, most of us cannot afford to stock up for 2-3 weeks, nevermind 6 months. 43 million people are on food assistance and if the government is insolvent, those folks are going to be in dire straits in a very short period of time. We appear to be witnessing the makings of a perfect storm.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It will be oil/energy related. Possibly more, but the main things that are repeated is no food/water (one specifically stated "in stores"), and no electricity and running water. Food requires fuel for delivery. All transportation is fuelled with volatile organics (gasoline, diesel, etc). And most generators (which are required for electricity, which runs water pumps in modern municipal water systems) are still burning a fossil fuel. Getting coal to a refinery is going to be tough. Getting diesel is going to be impossible.

Now, what else will happen? I guess that is the question.

I would recommend buying a few hundred cans of food, maybe some flour and lard (you can make tortillas very easily) and then plant whatever you can.

This weekend my son and i are tilling up about 1/4 acre to ready for planting. No corn. It is not worth its "shelf space" for the yield. heavy on turnips, tomatos, and sweet potatos. lots of carbs and energy (well, except tomatos...they are are just nutritional and good when canned).

Hopefully the rain isn't poisoned. The rain we get comes from up north, not out west because of the Rockies....not sure if that is good our not.
edit on 31-3-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
reply to post by alyoshablue

alyoshablue,

As you cautioned, I will not readily believe what the blogger claims. However, I cannot help but sense that something really big is right around the corner. I base this more on mathematics than emotion.

Being a bit of a newshound, as well as politically and spiritually passionate, I look at the past decade and am completely blown away by what I've witnessed. Furthermore, all of these crazy things happening seem to accelerating. Dramatically!

So, despite my skepticism, the general point of your thread is well-taken.

Fasten your seat belts folks! It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Peace.

Ok I just have to ask how and what are you basing this sense using mathematics...show some formulas so we may further test your hypothesis or are you just making stuff up?

On a side note, I know this guy who has a friend that lives with this chick who's co-worker said the end of the world is near...Start stockpiling man cause something big is coming...jeez

If the op's pupose isn't to fear monger than there is really no reason for this unvalidated post to be here.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by darrylss
ok that really gave me the eebe G beez

now how does one stockpile water for six months? I have a deep well that goes underground to a natural sping... is that good enough?

how can I stockpile food for 6 months? well I guess its a good oppertunity to lose some weight...
I would even suggest stockpile your meds your on if on any...

I need to get more smokes... damn.. so when is anything gfoing to happen?

Essentials for 6 months of hard times (not in order of importance, just the order I happen to think of them

Ramen Noodles - Cheap, lightweight, and easily prepared with nothing but a cup of water.

Coffee/Liquor - Trust me, there will come a point after TSHTF when people will give just about anything for a cup of coffee or a good strong drink.

Cigarettes - Also good for trading, so get a dozen cartons even if you don't smoke.

Toilet paper and Baby Wipes - Wipe your bum with leaves or newspaper long enough and you'll see why these items are indispensable.

Weapons and ammo - People WILL kill you for your stash of Ramen Noodles, so be prepared to defend it. Also, you'll need a little meat from time to time, and I'm guessing that the Piggly Wiggly will be closed and long since looted. If you are proficient with a bow, you might want to bring that too. Sometimes it's best to kill SILENTLY.

Fishing gear - All you really need is a set of hooks and a few spools of line. Not only will fish break up the monotony of squirrel meat and Ramen Noodles, but you can also use the fishing line to rig up snares and build shelters. You can use any long stick as a pole, so don't worry about taking those.

Gold and Silver - Get as much as you can afford. Have some way to cleave a gold/silver coin into pieces (think "Pieces of Eight.") No one is going to make change for your $1,400 Canadian Maple Leaf.

Medication - If you have a chronic condition such as diabetes you are going to need insulin, and unless you happen to have access to a bunch of sheep - you're flocked - so make sure you have what you need BEFORE TSHTF. Also, a simply scratch can easily turn into a deadly infection, especially if you aren't able to maintain a good state of hygiene: the daily showers we all take for granted could become few and far between if TSHTF, so if you are in good with your doctor, see if he will write you prescriptions for a few different types of antibiotics - specifically Amoxicillin and Ciproflaxin. Your doctor can tell you why it is important to have both of these antibiotics on hand.

I'm sure there are other things that would make life easier, but what I've posted is the absolute bare minimum you will need to survive for 6-months.

Good Luck

ETA: A MAGNESIUM FIRESTARTER! - This is a MUST, and I don't believe I forgot it. It is about 2 inches long and an inch wide, and it could save your life. You use a knife to scrape of tiny pieces of the magnesium bar, and then use the built-in sparker to ignite the shavings. The resulting fire will briefly burn at TWO THOUSAND DEGREES, and will ignite the wettest kindling. THIS is what you are looking for:

You can put it in your pocket and use it right after your get done fording a river to escape the zombie horde. It will work even if it is soaking wet.

edit on 3/29/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Just want to add about the medications, Sulfonamide based drugs are very useful for most infections - they were around long before antibiotics and for us females they don't tend to have the nasty side effects of antibiotics. Where I live you can talk a pharmacist into selling you some without a proscription too.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I was just thinking of what you said about no Electric pumps to run the water no electricity !! (Electric Generators )

I may have the Answer Should i say it ... Ill make it Simple

Something that will cause or has Caused!!!!

Electro Magnetic Pulse !!!! Maybe ??

The Electromagnetic Bomb - a Weapon of Electrical Mass Destruction
www.globalsecurity.org...

Hmm Interesting posted march 7th 2011 (Below)

End of the World 2013? National Geographic on EMP

(from National Geographic ) (EMP) Richard A. Lovett

for National Geographic News

Published March 2, 2011

What If the Biggest Solar Storm on Record Happened Today?
Repeat of 1859 Carrington Event would devastate modern world, experts say.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Posted March 7th, 2011 at 3:00pm in Protect America
blog.heritage.org...

Does National Geographic know something?
edit on 31-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

EMP attack & Solar Storm
strangeworldofmystery.blogspot.com...

Gauging the Threat of an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack
September 9, 2010 | 0856 GMT

Read more: Gauging the Threat of an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack | STRATFOR

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

(ABC NEWS)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARCH 9th

North Korea Nears Completion of Electromagnetic Pulse Bomb
N. Korea Disrupts Current Military Maneuvers With Russian Device To Jam GPS

31 comments
By JOOHEE CHO
SEOUL, South Korea, March 9, 2011
abcnews.go.com...
edit on 31-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: a couple more links

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join