It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murdered Woman Allegedly Haunting Local Golf Club

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

March 22nd, 2011 at Victoria Golf Club in Victoria B.C. Canada - I went ghost hunting in attempts to capture a photo of Doris Gravlin. She was murdered by her estranged husband on the grounds of the golf course on September 22nd, 1936. It's rumored that her spirit still remains and people have seen everything from pulsating lights to full body apparitions in and around the seventh hole. Hope you enjoy the video.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I wish I could believe in orbs but I know from my own experience taking pictures that the flash always reflects off dust and insects, especially in Summer. That's why they are so much more prominent and plentiful at night. If you were shooting video at the same time without a light source, the reflection would probably not be there.

I believe in the paranormal but I give very little credence to orbs.

I do hope I am wrong and you have captured a glimpse of the supernatural.

edit on 29-3-2011 by goddesslovr88 because: Added comment

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Nobody knows anything for sure (cliche). Cliches are overused usually because they're right. Everything involving the paranormal is conjecture anyway. I think that skeptics are more annoying than believers (not to be confused with naivers!
because they usually are narrow-minded from an early age due to shallow knowledge pools that their parents and educational systems don't fill sufficiently. They come to safe conclusions out of fear or arrogance or both. Copernicus, Columbus and many more, at least were original, didn't conform and thought outside the box despite being in the extreme minority. Skeptics are fossils nowadays anyway. More and more people are awakening spiritually. The only difference between skeptics and those that are, or will be enlightened is that the skeptics won't get to say "I told you so!". Blah blah blah... Nobody can prove that the orb in this particular video is just dust, moisture, lens flare or my fart refracting the light from venus mixed with swamp gas. I can't prove either that it's a spirit, ghost etc.., but things have never changed, been discovered or created out of skepticism.

I was motivated to turn around and snap those three consecutive photos because my natural intuition told me I was being watched, that something or someone was there. I felt it. I felt a presence. I felt energy. Anyway, it's all a matter of perspective. It's my truth and that is all that really matters. Thanks for watching and reading.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
this orb thing started about the same time as digital photography...funny that
i am a firm beliver in ghosts as i have been witness to a few over the years but i just dont buy this orb thing sorry

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

You don't have to say sorry to me. This video may or may not contain a spirit, but only one video needs to be the real thing. Not believing doesn't change the fact energy or matter never dies, only changes state. Matter is just highly concentrated energy. Can you see air? Anyway, don't delude yourself. Again, I can't prove it is, but you definitely can't prove it isn't.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Verideecimo

delude myself how? can you adress the digital photo issue i raised? some paranormal sites dont include orb photos anymore as there are so many of them

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I agree with the others about orbs, especially with digital photography. The variables involved with capturing orbs with digital cameras are plentiful, especially when using a flash... water vapor, insects, dust, etc. I believe in ghosts, very much so since I've lived in a haunted house (or two) with cupboards slamming, things moving, the typical poltergeist stuff. But I've seen tremendous amounts of orbs in my own digital photos and don't believe they are spirits at all. On a side note, the video was good.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
very interesting article debunking orbs its a bit long but very good comparing it to spirit photographs of the victorian era .once they were believed now totally discredited

www.forteantimes.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
very interesting article debunking orbs its a bit long but very good comparing it to spirit photographs of the victorian era .once they were believed now totally discredited

www.forteantimes.com...

I appreciate you posting the article. Everything dealing with the paranormal really is conjecture and that may be a good explanation for some, but it's not for me and a lot of others. I don't jump to conclusions stating a simple dust particale or insect is a ghost. I've been analyzing photographs for over a decade now and I like to think I know the difference. It's by no means an exact science, but we won't get answers if we don't ask questions. It's good to be openminded, but not so much that a simple explanation becomes shrouded.

I'll be the first to admit that some of my content in my videos can be simply chalked up to pareidolia, but even our brains organizing seemingly random information sometimes may help us see something that IS there that we wouldn't have noticed otherwise. You also don't want to miss something that could be there because you're afraid of people saying the big "P" word. I only need to be right once.

edit on 15-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: spelling mistake

In addition, you stated "they're discredited". Says who? Dr. Seuss? One opinion in an ocean of possibilities doesn't close a book.
edit on 15-4-2011 by Verideecimo because: Added another paragraph

top topics

join